FIRS Industry Replacement Set - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Gondrong
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Post by Gondrong »

Can some help me why everytime I start a game it shows this message?
Attachments
warning
warning
warning.png (23.91 KiB) Viewed 9510 times
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

How is a game-script related to a NewGRF industry set? :p

Remove the game-script that you have added. From the intro-screen "AI/game settings" -> double-click the game script name (or "select game script") -> select "(none)"
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
srschacher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by srschacher »

Gondrong wrote:Can some help me why everytime I start a game it shows this message?
Coincidentally, I was just debugging this over the weekend for my own personal use.

You must be using the Renewed City Growth script, which is the revised Balanced City Growth script. Are you using the Firs economy option? That one matches up with FIRS Extreme. That's the only one I debugged for myself.

Are you handy with making adjustments to the script? Here is what you need to do.

1. Locate the Renewed City Growth-5.tar file in the Documents/OpenTTD/content_download/game folder. Extract the contents here to a new folder here.

2. Open the file cargo.nut. You can use Notepad for this.

3. The FIRS economy is Case 5 in the script. There are two places that need changing, first is the cargo list and second is the mapping of cargoes to categories.

3a. Change the order of cargoes in the CargoIDList list assignment for case 5. See the attached picture for the new list.
Cargo.png
Cargo.png (15.05 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
3b. Further down the script you will see the second case 5. CargoCat is being assigned 5 arrays of numbers. Each array contains the cargo IDs that make up that category. Assign the numbers that you see in the second attached picture.
Cargo Category.PNG
Cargo Category.PNG (19.36 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
4. Save the cargo.nut file.

That should be all that you have to do to make the script work. If you want to try to debug the remaining FIRS economies (e.g., arctic), then you have to turn on debugging in the parameters, select the economy you want, and when you get the message click on the help ? icon and choose AI/Script debug to see cargo ID list. Follow the same pattern to enter the cargoes in order, and then map the cargoes to the categories.

I hope this helps.

Steve
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

If anyone is maintaining GS against FIRS, they can request clean outputs of data from the docs to ease the maintenance. I'd have a fair go at meeting reasonable requests. :)

Docs are here http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... rence.html

Specifically I could output things like lists of cargos-per-economy, pre-formatted for Squirrel (or JSON if that's better).
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

I was wondering if someone could help me perhaps.
I've recently picked up OTTD again after a long hiatus and installed the FIRS 3 alpha. I was looking for a fun trainset to work with it, but neither DBSetXL nor the US Train Set seem to fully support FIRS (US set almost can do it, but I've not found a wagon supporting scrap metal).
What options do I have from here? Using an older FIRS version certainly is an option, though I would very much like to keep either the US or DB set in my game as well.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Psistorm wrote:I was wondering if someone could help me perhaps.
I've recently picked up OTTD again after a long hiatus and installed the FIRS 3 alpha. I was looking for a fun trainset to work with it, but neither DBSetXL nor the US Train Set seem to fully support FIRS (US set almost can do it, but I've not found a wagon supporting scrap metal).
What options do I have from here? Using an older FIRS version certainly is an option, though I would very much like to keep either the US or DB set in my game as well.
Well those sets havent been updated to include FIRS 2 or 3 compatibility. So your stuck with that unless you dont mind using another set with compatible wagons (like nars for the US Set) or perhaps you could try using my 2cc Wagons in NML newgrf (available on Bananas) which provides just the wagons from 2cc trains (I made it specifically for cases like this)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

That sounds interesting as well, I would be fine with that.
Does your NARS addon set also support FIRS by the way? Or ECS, which I admit to just now learning about
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Psistorm wrote:That sounds interesting as well, I would be fine with that.
Does your NARS addon set also support FIRS by the way? Or ECS, which I admit to just now learning about
My Nars ADD-on Set does support FIRS and ECS but I only have one standard gauge cylindrical hopper, though I do have a bunch of narrow gauge wagons that do support FIRS and ECS if you ever need that.

2cc Wagons in NML has support as it retains the 2cc Trains cargo tables and refits.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

Awesome, thanks a lot for the input! I'll be giving the NARS addon a try as well, then
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Psistorm wrote:Awesome, thanks a lot for the input! I'll be giving the NARS addon a try as well, then
Just Remember to run it with NARS 2.51 and the NARS 2.5 passenger mod to give the NARS 2.51 passenger cars a more realistic capacity (as my NARS Add-on passenger cars use the realistic seating capacity)
Scanz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scanz »

where firs 3 patchnotes ?
gasin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gasin »

i am newcomer for FIRS Set

I dont know how to deliver engineering supplies, i didnt see any cargo for this kind....
please help....
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

gasin wrote:i am newcomer for FIRS Set

I dont know how to deliver engineering supplies, i didnt see any cargo for this kind....
please help....
You need vehicles which are universal or compatible with FIRS, namely most of existing vehicle sets except native ones.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
gasin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gasin »

McZapkie wrote:

please help....
You need vehicles which are universal or compatible with FIRS, namely most of existing vehicle sets except native ones.

Thanks Mister for your help
i have download ECS & FIRS Vehicles Set (NewGRF file)....
this enable standard TTD Vehicles to be refitted to any cargo....

but i didnt found yet, refittable for new style vehicles (like in zbase 32bpp) for any cargo set in NewGRF internet content inside the OpenTTD Games....
i am waiting if NewGRF that enable refit zbase vehicles compatible with FIRS/YETI/ECS doenst exist yet....
or i just miss it?

anyway thanks a lot Mr Zapkie.....
now i can transport/deliver engineering supplies, etc..... :) :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

gasin wrote:
McZapkie wrote:

please help....

Thanks Mister for your help
i have download ECS & FIRS Vehicles Set (NewGRF file)....
this enable standard TTD Vehicles to be refitted to any cargo....

but i didnt found yet, refittable for new style vehicles (like in zbase 32bpp) for any cargo set in NewGRF internet content inside the OpenTTD Games....
i am waiting if NewGRF that enable refit zbase vehicles compatible with FIRS/YETI/ECS doenst exist yet....
or i just miss it?

anyway thanks a lot Mr Zapkie.....
now i can transport/deliver engineering supplies, etc..... :) :)
ECS & FIRS Vehicle Set doesn't refit standard vehicles. Technically, it is a different set. It disables the default vehicles, and replaces them with a set using the same graphics and stats as the original vehicles, but provides ECS/FIRS compatible cargo capabilities.

There is no similar set that uses zBASE's graphics. You might want to try using GRVTS 32bpp.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.0 released 1st January 2018

Post by andythenorth »

FIRS 3.0.0 is now on Bananas

FIRS 3.0.0 brought to you by andythenorth, DanMacK and alberth, with help and advice from frosch, Eddi, Planetmaker and many others, and building on the work from all the authors of FIRS 1 and 2. :) Thanks to all the people whose sprites are re-used under GPL. Thanks also to all translators, to OpenTTD Coop for the devzone, and to everyone who gave a decent bug report :)

Headlines
  • more than a year’s work
  • over 900 code commits
  • 1 new economy (Steeltown) and 1 economy (Arctic Basic) completely redesigned
  • 12 new industry types
  • new or improved graphics for multiple industries
  • 24 new or improved cargos
  • numerous other improvements and fixes to gameplay behaviour
  • improved docs
  • requires OpenTTD 1.7.0 or newer
  • FIRS 3 is not savegame compatible with any previous version of FIRS
FIRS 3 guide + docs: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... .0.0/docs/

--------------
3.0.0 Release
--------------

"The steel? Hell, even the steel is out of someone's mind. There's no steel in nature...all nature has is a potential for steel. There's nothing else there.”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Improved Economies
  • 'Arctic Basic' economy
    • totally reworked, inspired by Finland, Northern Canada and Northern Siberia
    • mixed economy, based on natural resources extraction and processing
    • multiple new chains and cargo types, including Explosives, Peat, Sulphur and Zinc
    • new industries include Herding Co-op and Peatlands
    • includes Fish as important food source
  • 'Steeltown' economy
    • highly industrial economy, dominated by Iron and Steel chain
    • multiple new chains and cargo types, including Acid, Cement, Chlorine, Coke, Electrical Machines, Limestone, Pig Iron, Pipe, Quicklime, Salt, Soda Ash, Slag and Zinc
    • new industries include Basic Oxygen Furnace, Coke Oven, Soda Ash Mine and Electric Arc Furnace
    • a complex economy with 31 cargos and 25 industries
    • highly focussed on industrial production
    • most chains connect to ultimately produce Vehicles
    • use with any climate
Improved Industries
  • new industry types:
    • Basic Oxygen Furnace
    • Coke Oven
    • Electric Arc Furnace
    • Farm
    • Foundry
    • Farm / Mixed Farm
    • Herding Co-op
    • Limestone Mine
    • Peatlands
    • Slag Grinding Plant
    • Soda Ash Mine
    • Vehicle Dealer
  • improved industry graphics and layouts:
    • Coffee Estate
    • Dredging Site
    • Forest
    • Fruit Plantation
    • Orchard and Piggery
    • Paper Mill (DanMacK)
    • Pyrite Mine
    • Rubber Plantation
    • Vineyard
  • Diamond Mine: no longer uses graphics from base set, and has additional layouts
  • Fishing Grounds / Fishing Harbour:
    • better clustering and co-location behaviour for this chain
    • where possible, Fishing Harbours will be built within a sensible distance of Fishing Grounds
    • this isn't always possible, good luck!
  • Iron Ore Mine: no longer uses graphics from base set, and has additional layouts
  • Fertiliser Plant:
    • renamed to Ammonia Plant
    • now produces Engineering Supplies (civil explosives) in addition to Farm Supplies
  • Lime Kiln: production ratios improved, industry output was previously nerfed, not intentionally
  • Metal Fabrication Plant:
    • name varies by economy, either Metal Fabrication Plant or Steel Finishing Plant
  • Mixed Farm:
    • name varies by economy, either Farm or Mixed Farm
  • Quarry:
    • minor tweaks to appearance of sand
  • Steel Mill
    • name varies by economy, either Blast Furnace or Steel Mill
    • Blast Furnace variant requires Coke, Iron Ore, Limestone, produces Pig Iron and Slag
    • Steel Mill variant unchanged, requires Coal, Iron Ore, Scrap Metal, produces Metal or Steel
  • Trading Post
    • name varies by economy, either Trading Post or Wharf
  • Vehicle Factory
    • renamed to Assembly Plant
Improved Cargos
  • new cargo types:
    • Acid
    • Cement
    • Chlorine
    • Coke
    • Electrical Machines
    • Explosives
    • Fertiliser
    • Kaolin
    • Limestone
    • Peat
    • Pig Iron
    • Pipe
    • Quicklime
    • Salt
    • Slag
    • Soda Ash
    • Steel
    • Sulphur
    • Vehicle Bodies
    • Zinc
  • Chemicals:
    • increase cargo weight
  • Packaging:
    • renamed from Manufacturing Supplies to avoid confusion between this ordinary cargo and Engineering Supplies / Farm Supplies which have special behaviour
    • uses 'tonnes' (or equivalent localised weight) as unit, rather than 'crates'
  • Vehicle Parts:
    • removed incorrect 'express' cargo class
  • Vehicles:
    • now uses 'tonnes' (or equivalent localised weight) as unit, rather than 'vehicles'
    • simpler for vehicle newgrf authors to deal with, no special treatment needed for Vehicles cargo
General Improvements
  • reworked industry window text for processing industries
    • dropped 'produces x output per y delivered' text
    • was hard to understand, frequently had mistakes, and made much work for translators
    • now simplified, taking advantage of new features in OpenTTD 1.7.0
    • cargos are simply shown as 'required'
    • 'supplied' will be shown if a cargo has been delivered within the last 90 days
  • industries accepting Packaging (previously Manufacturing Supplies):
    • these industries now use same production boost behaviour as all other processing industries when combining cargo
    • previously these industries had special boost behaviour which was hard to explain
    • Packaging only available in Extreme economy
    • Packaging dropped from some industries entirely
  • tweaks to industry probabilities for game balance and consistency
  • primary industry production levels
    • adjusted production levels at some primary industries for game balance
    • adjusted initial randomisation of these production levels for game balance
  • distance checks to incompatible industries now applied consistently
  • adjusted clustering behaviour for some primary industries
  • Brewery, Flour Mill, Hotel and Junk Yard now check for nearby houses, instead of distance to town sign, this will improve game placement of these industries in large cities
  • industry 'nearby station' names are expanded and reworked
    • more industries set unique names for nearby stations
    • existing names reworked
  • adjusted all cargo colours:
    • all cargo colours now unique within FIRS
    • each cargo now uses same colour everywhere (charts, station list, cargo flow view) etc.
  • adjusted multiple cargo payment curves
    • fix issue where some cargos overlapped each other on cargo payment chart in-game
    • rebalance some cargos for gameplay reasons
  • adjusted cargo weights
  • rework of industry map colours for better legibility on all 3 map colours (green, dark green, violet)
  • based on work by Frosch
  • added checks for incompatible 'OpenGFX+Industries' and 'Improved Oil Rig Layout' grfs
  • adjusted order of economies in parameter menu and docs
Online Docs
  • text now more helpful for players who are new to FIRS
  • improved readme, removing confusing and/or outdated info, and linking to main docs
  • Cargos page shows hints about many cargos, to aid vehicle set authors
  • Code Reference page shows cargo colours and industry map colours
  • Industries page updated with images for new and changed industries
  • improved cargo-flow graphs in Economies page
  • zoom-and-pan tools to view 'larger' version of cargo-flow graphs (may not work in all browsers, sorry, 3rd-party plugin for this is not 100% reliable)
  • docs no longer show cargos that are not used (including Sugar and Sugarcane)
  • much more variety in randomised banner images for docs
  • upgrade UI library to Boostrap 3
  • all pages now use a responsive grid and should work across a wide range of devices
  • page layouts redesigned to be more legible and more visually appealing
Translations
  • multiple languages updated
Codechanges
  • grfid bumped, v3 is different enough to v2 to justify a new grfid
  • improved/fixed display of repo revision in filenames etc
  • move lang dir into src for consistency with Iron Horse etc
  • new Makefile, much simplified (Alberth)
  • remove all use of C-Pre-Processor templates
    • FIRS templating is now 100% python
    • no longer requires GCC-compatible compiler to build FIRS
  • only render extra text switches for economies where industry is active (aids compile speed)
  • only render 'if economy=x' when needed, saving ~1k lines in output, and slightly faster compile
  • only include construction states in spritelayout if needed
  • don't set zextents, it's not useful, and may have caused some sprite flickering bugs which now seem resolved
  • remove secondary industry debug text; use the newgrf debug to read storages instead
  • processing industries with two outputs now have option to produce in ratios other than 50:50
  • don't set multiple unnecessary properties for industries and cargos
  • fixed minor linting issues found by pyflakes
  • removed files and imports for some unused industries and cargos
  • rename templates on the filesystem for consistency and ease of navigation
  • clean up usage and documentation of industry permanent storage
  • remove manually declared ids from spritesets, much less boilerplate and find-replace for industry spritsets
  • don't fail silently if tile numeric IDs are not defined; fix a bunch of missing tile numeric IDs
  • minor code refactoring in many other places, simplifying where possible
  • GPL notice is not required imho for every source file, remove them widely
  • pep8 some python files
  • magic templates:
    • for industries with trees, including terrain and slope support
    • for harbours
  • automated incompatible industry checks
  • automated guard against some cases where cargos could be missing
  • require_houses_nearby check circular tile search range increased to 7 (and uses automated generator for the ranges)
  • set random_sound_effects to empty array to prevent spurious sounds due to default industry properties
  • Metal cargo label now 'METL' not 'STEL', cargo labels must be unique per cargo, cannot be reused inside FIRS
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Some of the new or improved industries in FIRS 3.0.0
Attachments
Coke Oven (new)
Coke Oven (new)
coke_oven.png (23.24 KiB) Viewed 7724 times
Forest (improved)
Forest (improved)
forest.png (18.42 KiB) Viewed 7724 times
Vineyard (improved)
Vineyard (improved)
vineyard.png (11.85 KiB) Viewed 7724 times
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

More new or improved industries in 3.0.0 ;)
Attachments
Soda Ash Mine (new)
Soda Ash Mine (new)
soda_ash_mine.png (30.28 KiB) Viewed 7723 times
Paper Mill (improved)
Paper Mill (improved)
paper_mill.png (26.54 KiB) Viewed 7723 times
Herding Co-op (new)
Herding Co-op (new)
herding_coop.png (17.32 KiB) Viewed 7723 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Aaaww man, now I'm gonna have start a new game to use this :D
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Graphics Releases”