JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Gwyd »

As far as I know, no there isn't. I might make a signal routing tutorial.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Gwyd wrote:As far as I know, no there isn't. I might make a signal routing tutorial.
There is a tutorial here. Does it cover what you are looking for?
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

wallyweb wrote:
Gwyd wrote:As far as I know, no there isn't. I might make a signal routing tutorial.
I understand the original routing features its just the slot operations in the advanced programming,

see screenshot below
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-11-04 16-34-37.png
Screenshot from 2017-11-04 16-34-37.png (69.01 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

wallyweb wrote:
Found this on youtube ... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Fuw9-4Z9ph
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I understand these programmable signals, nice feature, by the way, separate signal with fixed (non conditional, just ready to use) "long reserve" feature would be very convenient (it should be even in trunk).
But what for are these "slots"?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

And this is why I think I should make a tutorial
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wicket-303 wrote:Hello :D
JGR's Patch Pack is very wonderful. However, the time and day will inevitably deviate ...
Is it impossible to fit "Tick per minute" and "Day lengch factor" perfectly?
aberro wrote: I'd say more - is it impossible to make "Tick per minute" floating point? Because I'm using "Day length factor" times 10 and trying to align 24 hours with year, but it's definitely impossible, target value is 187.69791(6) (74 ticks per day * 10 daytime factor * 365.25 days in year = 270285, divided by 1440 minutes in day)
Ticks per minute may not be floating point. That would cause a long list of problems.
The 74 ticks per day is implicitly hard-coded in various places, changing it correctly would be likely to be non-trivial.

The slots feature is somewhat non-trivial to use and understand, which is why it is hidden behind an advanced setting
I'm probably not the best person to write a tutorial myself. I will look into writing some documentation at some point though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
mjd_tech
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mjd_tech »

Notes on compiling for Ubuntu 16.04...

1. Get the build tools

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get build-dep openttd
2. Download and unzip source code from Github
3. Change directory into the unzipped source code.

4. Configure

./configure
5. Compile

make
Takes a few minutes...

6. Install

sudo make install
Here, I had a problem:

install: target '///usr/local/share/games/openttd/data' is not a directory
Makefile.bundle:178: recipe for target 'install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 1
Solution: I manually created the directory.

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/share/games/openttd/data
and ran sudo make install again.
It installed and runs.

I also have the standard openttd installed (downloaded the .deb file from openttd.org)
This installs into /opt/openttd.
There is no data/ directory there.
I guess the data/ directory is needed for the patched openttd, but not the standard openttd

I'm no expert on makefiles, but it seems like the makefile is not creating the data directory.

Anyway, the problem is solved, it works and was an easy fix, and probably won't happen again (when I compile the next JGR version) because the directory has already been created.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Why are you doing 'make install'? Just run the compiled file from directory 'bin'.
mjd_tech
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mjd_tech »

Why are you doing 'make install'? Just run the compiled file from directory 'bin'.
And sure enough that works fine.
I did 'make install' purely out of habit.
Thanks
einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by einsteinyh »

mjd_tech wrote:
And sure enough that works fine.
I did 'make install' purely out of habit.
Thanks
Using make bundle gives you an "installation" folder that you can copy and erase from sources without any problem.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

This may be entirely coincidental but...

Windows froze at the exact moment it autosaved. I have included the corrupt autosave (openTTD seems to have created it, but corrupted it), and a copy of the autosave before the error. to see if you can notice anything building up.

Windows crashed entirely, and needed to be restarted. Again, I have no idea if this was pure unfortunate exact timing, or something else.
Attachments
CORRUPT.sav
(4.68 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
autosave13.sav
(4.72 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote:This may be entirely coincidental but...

Windows froze at the exact moment it autosaved. I have included the corrupt autosave (openTTD seems to have created it, but corrupted it), and a copy of the autosave before the error. to see if you can notice anything building up.

Windows crashed entirely, and needed to be restarted. Again, I have no idea if this was pure unfortunate exact timing, or something else.
If the operating system crashed mid-way through saving the file, it's likely unsalvageable.
There isn't anything obviously wrong with the other savegame.
You're probably better off looking into operating system logs/issues or hardware issues, as OpenTTD is unlikely to be the cause of an operating system crash.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I've already checked. Windows didn't record anything for that, it skips straight to the boot up logs within nothing noting the crash, which is somewhat unusual in its own way.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
wright_jamie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wright_jamie »

Just wondering if you had considered this patch? The ability to have a vehicle leave if one with shared orders arrives would be excellent.

viewtopic.php?t=50001

Many thanks
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

I've been getting really frustrated with not being able to play OpenTTD because of the Fall update and the right click/mouse drag issues it brings. I normally play this patch pack, so I've tried compiling my own, and even without making the required code changes, I get errors while trying to compile (specifically in btree.h, due to a COMPILE_ASSERT, after I've fixed all the other errors by using the openttd-useful file containing Windows includes/libraries) JGRPP, that I don't get when compiling vanilla (which gives me linker errors, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish).

What am I missing/doing wrong? I've tried with MSVC 2017 (14.1) and MSVC 2015 (14.0), and while I installed versions of MingW (Cygwin64 and MingW-w64), my Posix style compilation abilities verge on the non-existent.

Edit: More detail on the errors; 190 errors, 95 copies of variations of this pair (the only difference being the "compiling source file"):

Error	C2672	'btree::btree<Params>::key_compare_checker': no matching overloaded function found (compiling source file ..\src\cargomonitor.cpp)
	openttd	c:\users\me\documents\github\openttd-patches\src\3rdparty\cpp-btree\btree.h	1396	
Error	C2118	negative subscript (compiling source file ..\src\cargomonitor.cpp)
	openttd	c:\users\me\documents\github\openttd-patches\src\3rdparty\cpp-btree\btree.h	1396	
Edit2: I've fixed my issues with linking Vanilla OTTD, so I can build Vanilla without issues. I'd prefer a "fixed" version of JGRPP (so used to many of the extras that I can't even think of them compared to Vanilla, routing restrictions and signals on bridges and tunnels being the only ones that come to mind)

Edit3: Commenting out that assert allows it to compile (I don't believe it's causing problems, but my C++ is rusty enough to not know enough to say with absolute 100% certainty), but now getting linker errors (similar to the ones I got when building Vanilla, but my same solution didn't fix linking JGRPP) as attached.

Edit4: Nope, way over my head!

Edit5: Tried again with Cygwin/MingW-w64, which tells me that it can't find "src/endian_check.cpp" - which is a load of poppycock. I'm really not destined to get this working!

Edit6: Last one I swear! I actually got it compiled and working using Linux and MXE to cross compile. Yay!
Attachments
Linker Errors.txt
Only LNK2001 errors at the end of compilation.
(21.92 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Dunno if you have seen this yet, but there's a bug report on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... nsfer_bug/
I noticed that I get money from transfers in JGR (JGRpp 0.22.0, should be most recent). I x-checked with OTTD 1.7.0 and didn't get any money there. So I made a new game, ran it in OTTD 1.7.0, again, no transfer money. Then, loaded the same game in JGR, transfer money. So it's not in the save, but in the PP.
My set-up:
Economy NewGRFs: FIRS 3.0.0, reduced passenger payments 1.0, base cost mod 5.0.
Vehicles: Road Hogs 1.2.1 (freight trams fave money, didn't check other vehicles), OpenGFX + (trains 0.3.0, RV 0.4.1), vac trains, Squid r1687.
I transferred within catchment of an unrelated industry (wood next to a machine shop). The next time, a sugar refinery did the trick, so it doesn't have to be the same line of processing (e.g. wood-->iron-->machine shop-->supplies)
The bug is independent of day length modifier.
However, I found another bug related to day length. I started with 5 and changed to 7; the result was that most vehicles had hardly any running costs. There were AIs running paddle steamers on 30-square routes, and they were profitable. When I checked my running costs, my dozen or so trams had lower combined costs than one should have ($100-ish)!
Starting another game with a setting of 7 gave the right amount of running costs.
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

Here's some research I did WRT the panning issue and Windows FCU.

viewtopic.php?p=1194504#p1194504
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

cmhbob wrote:Here's some research I did WRT the panning issue and Windows FCU.

viewtopic.php?p=1194504#p1194504
Really strange.

I uninstalled the Logitech software because it was causing problems in Chrome, and the panning problem came back. What I noticed later though was that as the game runs for a bit, some of the scrolling capability comes back. I've got the zoom turned all the way in Settings, but if I zoom in so that the fences around rail lines just become visible, after about 5-10 minutes of game play, I can right-button scroll. The further out I am, the choppier it is, but I can scroll and pan. That part of it makes no sense to me, but there it is.
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
marioxcc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by marioxcc »

Hello.

I am using this patch set, commit fd5f8d23. I have found some possible problems:
  • When I hold CTRL and use the mouse wheel, the viewport does not change. I expected that it would switch to the enhanced viewport mode as described in viewtopic.php?f=33&t=53394.
  • The “Day length factor” setting is limited to odd numbers. I can not set it to 2 for example.
  • Apparently cargo production per month is scaled by the day length factor, but maintenance costs are not. How can I make maintenance costs scale too?
  • I do not understand the “Wall clock” settings. Is it documented anywhere? How does it interact with “Day length factor”?
Thanks.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”