What video games have you played lately?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: What video games have you played lately?

Post by Pyoro »

I've played basically every PI series except for HoI ^^; But from what I've seen it shouldn't too complex. I mean it's not War in the West -
https://i.imgur.com/JXuihzn.png
I don't even. Look, numbers are happening!

Meanwhile, I've discovered this puzzle game:
I suck at it, but might appeal to some here ^^;
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

hold on is that a bloody ripoff of The Codex of Alchemical Engineering?

wait it's also by zachtronics nvm

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Just started playing Antichamber. This is one weird game - but certainly fun.
what.jpg
what.jpg (54.34 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz is now public and available on Steam
Attachments
London_Low_CliffsofDover_Blitz_edition.jpg
Rendered in game in realtime, with ReShade 3.0 effects
(1.35 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Just begun to play 'Cities: Skylines'. And beginning to get it, liking it already.

Usually 'Medal of Honor: Airborne',
Regularly 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' and 'American Truck Simulator'.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

So I made a mistake last night. I found a new game. Subnautica.

If this game is unfamiliar to you, the setting is simple: Your large space ship (about 150 people onboard) crash on an unexplored alien water planet. You are the sole survivor (or at least that's what I know so far).

The goal of the game is basically to survive there. Find food and water to maintain health. Find minerals, etc. to build more advanced tools. As you dive deeper down, there are scarier more dangerous animals around. Not to mention more valuable goodies to find.

Yep, a first person survival/builder game basically. So far so good. I stayed up way too late last night.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Chrill wrote:So I made a mistake last night. I found a new game. Subnautica.

If this game is unfamiliar to you, the setting is simple: Your large space ship (about 150 people onboard) crash on an unexplored alien water planet. You are the sole survivor (or at least that's what I know so far).

The goal of the game is basically to survive there. Find food and water to maintain health. Find minerals, etc. to build more advanced tools. As you dive deeper down, there are scarier more dangerous animals around. Not to mention more valuable goodies to find.

Yep, a first person survival/builder game basically. So far so good. I stayed up way too late last night.
I guess the finding water part wasn't that difficult?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

You know what I mean :P
My Scenarios:
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

I've heard good things about Subnautica. The devs are apparently super dedicated, so it's not a trap like other openworld survival games.

I finally got around to playing Fallout 4. This being a Bethesda one, I decided to ignore the main quest and just randomly roam around. Came across some guys who told me to grab a laser musket and help them. I grabbed the gun and left them there. I'm really happy about both of those decisions because the gun hits like a truck and I've heard bad things about the guy (he apparently gets really annoying when you save him).

Exploration is as fun as expected, but what's really keeping me hooked is the weapon modding system. I didn't have high hopes for that, and I'm still not sure if it's objectively that amazing or I'm just stupid, but I can't get enough. My obsession has gotten to a point where I have an excel spreadsheet open as I play and whenever I come across a weapon workbench I spend hours at it, going through all my guns, evaluating what mods to put on to make them work as I want, which parts I'll need to scavenge to craft them, and where I'd have to go to get them. It's like Minecraft except made by Americans for Americans.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Chrill wrote:So I made a mistake last night. I found a new game. Subnautica.
Yeah that game is pretty good. I played it a bit during the early access days, saw it got a full release the other day and the likes of Zisteau and others have started playing, too.

Personally I've been playing hours and hours of Breath of the Wild recently, every free nook and cranny in my time is filled with it. At the last beast now, got the Master sword and everything. It's proper fun, the most fun I've had with a Zelda game since Wind Waker and that's perhaps my all time favourite. Been playing some Factorio on and off again with some friends, and to be honest it's really time for a proper session, too.

There's other upcoming stuff I'm very excited for, though.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I've bought a few new games recently;
Endless Space 2 - 4X Turn Based, it's got a lot of depth that you can get lost in
Life is Fuedal: Forrest Village - Like Banished? But I killed my first child in the first game I tried, didn't go well from there...
TransRoad: USA - It's like, I dunno, it's a truck transportation company simulator, in the US. It would've been good if it weren't restricted in some ways
Also been playing Airport CEO, which I've concluded I prefer to SimAirport, and Startup Company, which has got better now you don't need to, needlessly, click a million times for the first half hour.
Last known as: Weirdy
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm still chilling out with Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I've now got over 1,500 hours on it, and I'm still silver 1 - the lowest ranked position :P
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Drury wrote:I've heard good things about Subnautica. The devs are apparently super dedicated, so it's not a trap like other openworld survival games.

I finally got around to playing Fallout 4. This being a Bethesda one, I decided to ignore the main quest and just randomly roam around. Came across some guys who told me to grab a laser musket and help them. I grabbed the gun and left them there. I'm really happy about both of those decisions because the gun hits like a truck and I've heard bad things about the guy (he apparently gets really annoying when you save him).

Exploration is as fun as expected, but what's really keeping me hooked is the weapon modding system. I didn't have high hopes for that, and I'm still not sure if it's objectively that amazing or I'm just stupid, but I can't get enough. My obsession has gotten to a point where I have an excel spreadsheet open as I play and whenever I come across a weapon workbench I spend hours at it, going through all my guns, evaluating what mods to put on to make them work as I want, which parts I'll need to scavenge to craft them, and where I'd have to go to get them. It's like Minecraft except made by Americans for Americans.
I do love Fallout 4. I know I know, I'm supposed to prefer 3 and NV over it, and then the isometric top-down games of the past over those. I still really like Fallout 4. The weapon modding is neat, once you unlock the higher perks you can do some really fun stuff. Change ammunition type, make them automatic or not, and so on.

I do recommend checking out the annoying guy with the laser musket, it takes you forward in the main story. You are able to bypass that by simply finding your way to the relevant characters, but those stories will point you there. Most of all, however, it pushes you toward settlement construction which is something I personally spent my hours on doing. I even downloaded a mod that allows me to build more items than the game is meant to allow (performance issues, but that limit is set way too low!).
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

To be fair, musket guy doesn't get annoying for quite some time.....
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

So I went back and saved him with a pipe gun. As a token of gratitude he annexed my home town.

I guess I don't care anymore so he gets away with it this time.

EDIT: Apparently they think they can bribe me with information about Diamond City's whereabouts? Way ahead of em

-Drury
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I've been enjoying AOE: Definitive Edition.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Carmageddon: Max Damage (the 2016 game, this one is made great again!) on Steam.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
skyrish19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skyrish19 »

Monster Hunter: World, which is my very first Monster Hunter game i played, never played the previous ones.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Subnautica, Surviving Mars, and Forza Motorsport 7 have all been new additions to my game library.
My Scenarios:
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

I'm currently re-playing Stardew Valley on my Switch, even though I haven't finished the PC save I've had laying about for some time.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Off-Topic”