[OTTD] NARS Add-on Set 2CC (version -r2222) NOW WITH EMU'S!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] NARS Add-on Set 2CC (version -r1188)

Post by paulicus25 »

Hi

Had a chance to do some more playing with the set as it is right now, and a quick question? Possibly another case of a tender being back to front?
The PRR Class D16 seems to have the higher part of the coal pile towards the rear and not towards the loco?

Is this intentional or is it backwards as I suspect? If it's a bug, consider it reported, but its not an overtly severe one. Doesn't impact on game play just visuals.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

paulicus25 wrote:Hi

Had a chance to do some more playing with the set as it is right now, and a quick question? Possibly another case of a tender being back to front?
The PRR Class D16 seems to have the higher part of the coal pile towards the rear and not towards the loco?

Is this intentional or is it backwards as I suspect? If it's a bug, consider it reported, but its not an overtly severe one. Doesn't impact on game play just visuals.
Its probably backwards, I'm an idioit when it comes to tenders and thought they where suppose to have the coal in the back. I know how that the hump/coal is suppose to be up front
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paulicus25 »

Its not always a consistent rule tbh. Although i seem to see for the vast majority of the American locos, it does tend to be the case.

I thought it looked a bit odd so I did some research and also backed it up with google searches for the locomotive in question. It's more difficult with American locos as individuals from certain classes seem to have various refits, modifications and changes for specific routes or from certain workshops.

With this loco what made me spot it was the angle of the tender at certain directions/orientations, and that on the side view the tender has a raised section to the sides o the tender itself (as opposed to the coal pile), which is normally done closer to the locomotive. It became clear when I also realised you can see a sort of angled line at one end of the tender sprites which looks very much like the decorative line seen in many of the images here:

https://sites.google.com/site/prrd16steamlocomotives/

Some of these images have rises in the tender sides, and some don't, probably due to the style of tender incorporated at different stages or different sections of the line for different routes, but they almost all have that diagonal line - the same line I see on the sprite. Thanks google. And thanks openttd and its community for inspiring me to research types of locomotive design. I learn a lot like that.
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

I have found a graphical glitch. If you attach two U25C locomotives to eachother, the second locomotive becomes invisible when travelling in certain directions and while in the depot.
Attachments
Glitch.png
(58.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Glitch2.PNG
Glitch2.PNG (1.2 KiB) Viewed 11728 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Darthrafael wrote:I have found a graphical glitch. If you attach two U25C locomotives to eachother, the second locomotive becomes invisible when travelling in certain directions and while in the depot.
I might have forgotten to add the 2nd row of sprites which is where the reversed sprites go. Though at the moment i'm having problems with the code for the set to right now everythings kind of screwed up.

EDIT : Everything should be fixed, the issue I was having was nothing was sorting properly after some mass changes to the code (Notepad++ Find in Files tool). But everything should be working and I fixed the GE U25C (It only had half of the reverse sprites >_< )

The new version (-r2198) is available on the first page and will be uploaded to Bananas/Online Content after I post this message.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] NARS Add-on Set 2CC (version -r2201)

Post by paulicus25 »

Hi Guys

Just a heads up. I have just tried to update to the newer version of the set from the previous one i had on bananas. From 1201 to 2201. Apparently some of the vehicle id's have been rearranged or changed ad things go all corrupted. To be expected i know but we have a server running and now new players are unable to join as they cannot get the old version as bananas has overridden it and the new one is incompatible for upgrading.

Perhaps this is an oversight but if it is not it should be made separate and a warning given. Thanks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

paulicus25 wrote:Hi Guys

Just a heads up. I have just tried to update to the newer version of the set from the previous one i had on bananas. From 1201 to 2201. Apparently some of the vehicle id's have been rearranged or changed ad things go all corrupted. To be expected i know but we have a server running and now new players are unable to join as they cannot get the old version as bananas has overridden it and the new one is incompatible for upgrading.

Perhaps this is an oversight but if it is not it should be made separate and a warning given. Thanks.
If 1201 is running on your server, and it was also uploaded to Bananas, then new players will be able to download the correct version via bananas.
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paulicus25 »

Well, it seems like bananas is more intelligent than i thought. Just tried it out by removing all the files from my PC, and then connecting to the server and it downloaded both the current version and 1201. Seems bananas keeps a copy of all the older files even though by choice you can only seem to pick the current one.

Interesting thing to know. You learn something new every day. Round of applause for bananas I think.

Sorry for the panic.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

paulicus25 wrote:Well, it seems like bananas is more intelligent than i thought. Just tried it out by removing all the files from my PC, and then connecting to the server and it downloaded both the current version and 1201. Seems bananas keeps a copy of all the older files even though by choice you can only seem to pick the current one.

Interesting thing to know. You learn something new every day. Round of applause for bananas I think.

Sorry for the panic.
Sorry for any issues, I didn't think that some minor changes to the Vehicle Sorting would cause a huge issue. I mostly just fixed up the sorting of a couple of stray vehicles that where in the bottom or random places.

I have the sorting fixed and things shouldn't change anytime soon unless I really need to change something. I would have given a warning to people or set the minimum version again but I didn't think the changes where going to be a major issue.
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paulicus25 »

Hi

Found another bug - this time its an oversight. The "4-4-6T Commuter" locomotive is available in 1830. I assume this is not intended!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

paulicus25 wrote:Hi

Found another bug - this time its an oversight. The "4-4-6T Commuter" locomotive is available in 1830. I assume this is not intended!
No definatly not, its because I was lazy and copied the tanker locomotive code i used for the 0-4-0 Grasshopper.
Notch8GEGaming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Notch8GEGaming »

I've been following this set since the beginning and love it, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add in a few more modern coal hoppers or other modern railcars? Thanks for reading this.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Notch8GEGaming wrote:I've been following this set since the beginning and love it, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add in a few more modern coal hoppers or other modern railcars? Thanks for reading this.
I could probably but I dunno whats more modern then whats already in NARS 2.5, i mean the large hopper looks simliar to a high side gondola/bethagon hopper. I could maybe take the Bethagon hopper from the US or CanSet and add that in as a slightly higher capacity hopper
Notch8GEGaming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Notch8GEGaming »

NekoMaster wrote:
Notch8GEGaming wrote:I've been following this set since the beginning and love it, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add in a few more modern coal hoppers or other modern railcars? Thanks for reading this.
I could probably but I dunno whats more modern then whats already in NARS 2.5, i mean the large hopper looks simliar to a high side gondola/bethagon hopper. I could maybe take the Bethagon hopper from the US or CanSet and add that in as a slightly higher capacity hopper
That's what I was thinking is maybe take the US Set hopper and make it a little higher capacity, or something. Sometimes coal hoppers just seem to have more color as well compared to the NARS 2.5 ones, black instead of silver, yellow or red at one end of the car, those things.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Notch8GEGaming wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
That's what I was thinking is maybe take the US Set hopper and make it a little higher capacity, or something. Sometimes coal hoppers just seem to have more color as well compared to the NARS 2.5 ones, black instead of silver, yellow or red at one end of the car, those things.
Well I finally added the Bethgon Hopper using the sprite from the CanSet. Its a nice high capacity railcar with up to 60 tonnes capacity! I could maybe make it more realistic at 80 tons but that seems a bit excessive.
Notch8GEGaming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Notch8GEGaming »

NekoMaster wrote:
Notch8GEGaming wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
Well I finally added the Bethgon Hopper using the sprite from the CanSet. Its a nice high capacity railcar with up to 60 tonnes capacity! I could maybe make it more realistic at 80 tons but that seems a bit excessive.
Yes that does seem a bit excessive at 80. 60 sounds good, better than the US set which put it at 40. Have a nice holiday, I may have one or two more ideas to float in the next few days.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] NARS Add-on Set 2CC (version -r2203)

Post by NekoMaster »

New version uploaded here and on Banana's for online downloading.

Added a Crane Car for eycandy, I gave it 10HP so it acts like an engine and can be put up front on a train if needed.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

New version uploaded yesterday, you can now get a EMD BL2 in 1948 if you want an Ugly duckling to haul your freight and passenger trains before the GP9 comes out. That reminds me, I should add in a EMD GP7 since that was also a thing.
Notch8GEGaming
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Notch8GEGaming »

NekoMaster wrote:New version uploaded yesterday, you can now get a EMD BL2 in 1948 if you want an Ugly duckling to haul your freight and passenger trains before the GP9 comes out. That reminds me, I should add in a EMD GP7 since that was also a thing.
Is it possible you could look into the GE U36B? You only gave it 3000 HP and the same tractive effort as the U30B. You also gave the U36C and U30C the same tractive effort as well.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's a 2cc version of the MP70, thought you might want this seeng as the set is still lacking in early EMUs :)
Attachments
mp70-2cc.png
mp70-2cc.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 10682 times

Return to “Graphics Development”