Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by wallyweb »

Comm Cody wrote:Looks neat.
:bow:
Tsylatac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tsylatac »

wallyweb wrote:The challenge is moving downhill across an old wood trestle and an even older covered bridge where the maximum speed has to be held to 35 k/h.
Whoa, what grf is that? I usually run TBRS + Monkey Bar Bridges + Better Bridge Parameters but I do miss having some kind of wooden bridge... and that trestle and covered bridge look great!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Emperor Jake wrote:Haven't been playing much lately (thanks to Factorio) so I'll slip one in from an older Japanese game..

A busy freight line crosses over a busy passenger line at Asahikawa. Heavy haulage of passengers and freight abound.

Entries are closing in a few hours, in case there are any last-minute stragglers :)
I would like to propose a rule that any screenshots from NetTrans be barred from future competitions - you did too damn good a job at that game and it's not fair to everybody else still struggling for awesomeness!!! ;) :bow:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Tsylatac wrote:Whoa, what grf is that? I usually run TBRS + Monkey Bar Bridges + Better Bridge Parameters but I do miss having some kind of wooden bridge... and that trestle and covered bridge look great!
:bow:
They are part of a bridge set that is a work in progress. There will be a release, but not for a while yet ... The price of me doing too many things at once. :wink:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

kamnet wrote:I would like to propose a rule that any screenshots from NetTrans be barred from future competitions - you did too damn good a job at that game and it's not fair to everybody else still struggling for awesomeness!!!
It's not NetTrans, it's from a Japanese game I played on Tintinfan's server a little while ago... although I'm glad NetTrans seems to have a reputation now :P

Anyway, here are the entries for Heavy Haulage! Let's get voting!

Comm Cody
From the lowly docks, several Crocodile locomotives await more coal or iron ore to transport up to the steel mill in the hill. The steel will then travel back down to the metal processing plant and be turned into goods to be transported around the map. These are the longest trains run by National Rail, stretching 14 tiles long and always clogging up the mainline. To fill these trains, several ships loaded with Iron Ore and transfer coal trains unload in this yard to condense the number of trains heading up the pass.

They make good money though.

Emperor Jake
A busy freight line crosses over a busy passenger line at Asahikawa. Heavy haulage of passengers and freight abound.

piratescooby
Heavy [ Tram ] Haulage
Barts Heavy Hauliers Making the most of the heavy hauling capabilities of trams as well as trains ,for transfers and for deliveries .

STD
Two electrified railways - trunk electrified DC railroad (140 km/h) and high-speed electrified DC railroad (250 km/h). Trunk electrified DC railroad is used for the movement of freight trains of large capacity, carrying different cargoes (coal, sand, limestone, scrap and others). High-speed electrified DC railroad is used for the movement of passenger express EVS1 "Sapsan" between cities and small towns. The area to the right and to the left very beautiful: wheat fields (now it is time to start harvesting wheat), deciduous forest with a lake.

SwissFan91
Heavy haulage of passengers around Olympic Park in Stratford, London. Eurostar and Javelin services can be seen running out of the low-level Stratford International while above ground 'DLR', London Overground & Underground, TfL and Abellio Greater Anglia services can be seen.

wallyweb
We have a three M636 diesel head with two helpers mid train and one pusher on the end moving 162 wagons each containing 47 tonnes of iron ore for a total of 7614 tonnes from Campbellton Mines bound for Port Campbellton Terminal to be loaded and shipped to the foundries at Hamilton. The challenge is moving downhill across an old wood trestle and an even older covered bridge where the maximum speed has to be held to 35 k/h.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I'm glad that in this time included 6 screenshots :)) . Frankly, it is difficult to make a choice at some of the screenshots. Each has its own features and compliance with current theme. Very interesting, as would be the result of the vote :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - August 2017 - VOTING

Post by wallyweb »

Emperor Jake wrote:Voting is currently OPEN for August 2017.
poll wrote:Poll ended at Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:44 am
:mrgreen:
Get out of bed Jake. Duty calls. :lol:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

wallyweb wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:Voting is currently OPEN for August 2017.
poll wrote:Poll ended at Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:44 am
:mrgreen:
Get out of bed Jake. Duty calls. :lol:
Here I am partly to blame :mrgreen: . I already have a new theme :D . Jake and I together decided what better theme to choose in this time. He left the final decision for me. I made a decision...

Coastal areas - this is quite a broad theme. Here is a great flight of fantasy. Examples: towns and villages on the coast of the river, sea or lake; beaches, mountains, forests and others, and various combination of different types of transport (trucks, cars, buses, trams, trains, ships, planes, helicopters). The theme does not restrict anything. Here, any climate, any terrain - flat, hilly, mountainous.

And as usual I wish you all good luck. I hope that the number of screenshots will not be less than on the subject of "Heavy Haulage" :wink: . Thank you to all those who voted for my screenshot. It's a really pleasant surprise for me :)) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Congratulations on your (first ever) win STD! It's about time :D

Thanks for choosing the new theme so quickly, I see you decided to go with something different :wink:

Edit: Here are the final results:

Code: Select all

STD			   9
piratescooby	5
Comm Cody	   4
Emperor Jake	2
SwissFan91	  2
wallyweb		 2
Total			 24
wallyweb wrote: Get out of bed Jake. Duty calls. :lol:
Heh, it's around 10pm here :P

Anyway, let's get down to the beach, entries are open!
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 09 Sep 2017 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote:Congratulations on your (first ever) win STD! It's about time :D

Thanks for choosing the new theme so quickly, I see you decided to go with something different :wink:
wallyweb wrote: Get out of bed Jake. Duty calls. :lol:
Heh, it's around 10pm here :P

Anyway, let's get down to the beach, entries are open!
Thank you, Jake :D . By the way you forgot to specify a table with the final results of the vote :wink: .
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

STD wrote: By the way you forgot to specify a table with the final results of the vote :wink: .
Thanks, knew I was forgetting something. I've updated the above post :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

This is my screenshot on the theme "Coastal areas" :D :arrow::
Attachments
SOTM_Sept17_Coastal_areas.png
The village of Sangar located on lake. In this small town in the Northern part next to the pine forest there is a hotel and a school with playgrounds, Central square, alley, cinema, pub, supermarket, two shops (commercial and food), a cafe next to the petrol station at the entrance on the east, quay with a jetty for boats, two beaches on the coast of the lake. Residents love about this cozy village. The places around is very beautiful: a large lake with a small island and coniferous forest. Residents and guests of Sangar have different options to relax: sunbathing on the beach, boating, camping in tents on coast of lake or island, to make shopping in the local supermarket (including the purchase of local souvenirs), to go to the cinema, just to walk through the village, wander through coniferous forest and much more.
(1.1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by STD on 22 Sep 2017 16:54, edited 2 times in total.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by Quast65 »

Here is mine:
Quast65_Sep2017.jpg
Quast65_Sep2017.jpg (303.83 KiB) Viewed 4831 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Quast65 wrote:Here is mine:
Nice shot, but do you happen to have it in a format other than jpeg? I'd like to strongly discourage blurriness :)

And here's my entry:
The seaside resort town of Bedwas, on Darren Island. Holidaymakers arrive on a warm September day by way of steam train, coach and ferry and enjoy the locally famous strawberry ice cream on the beach.
Attachments
sep17sotm.PNG
sep17sotm.PNG (346.46 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Emperor Jake wrote:Nice shot, but do you happen to have it in a format other than jpeg? I'd like to strongly discourage blurriness :)
Not for that one... Its an oldie (but goodie ;-) )
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Quast65 wrote:Not for that one... Its an oldie (but goodie )
Fair enough :)

Just a heads up to everyone, entries are closing soon so if you have them, post them! Three isn't enough... :P
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I can always throw an entry together to help this competition out!

Newhaven Harbour Railway Station, East Sussex
September.png
September.png (129.88 KiB) Viewed 4661 times
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Four screenshot - not bad :) . Very strange that this time so little. The theme is quite simple and is very extensive. You can show a lot of things :) . Probably many are just very busy. I wonder what will happen next time, at the end of October :) .
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

A quite moment in one of my busiest games.
Coast.png
Coast.png (543.35 KiB) Viewed 4607 times
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

A quick one from me .Norramby on the Isle of Sodor getting ready for the tourist.
Attachments
Sodor Railways, 4th Jul 1978.png
(583.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”