Unpopular Opinions

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Post by Drury »

Coffee? That's like vodka for babies!

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pilot wrote:
Chrill wrote:Milk in tea? Come on guys, what is this? Drink it properly.
This is properly :wink: We're British, we practically invented Tea drinking, thus, our way is the proper way! :lol:
"Tea, however, was not widely consumed in Britain until the 18th century, and remained expensive until the latter part of that period. British drinkers preferred to add sugar and milk to black tea, and black tea overtook green tea in popularity in the 1720s" (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea#Origin_and_history )

You didn't invent it, you broke it 8)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Indeed! :mrgreen:
Attachments
tea.png
tea.png (280.24 KiB) Viewed 4476 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote:I fully support the institution of EU and want open borders between all EU countries effective immediately.
I completely agree with this. I am all for open borders across the world personally, people have just as much right to be somewhere as anyone else.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

I actually quite like Pendolinos.
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Chrill wrote:
Pilot wrote:
This is properly :wink: We're British, we practically invented Tea drinking, thus, our way is the proper way! :lol:
"Tea, however, was not widely consumed in Britain until the 18th century, and remained expensive until the latter part of that period. British drinkers preferred to add sugar and milk to black tea, and black tea overtook green tea in popularity in the 1720s" (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea#Origin_and_history )

You didn't invent it, you broke it 8)
Our family likes tea plain.

... which might not seems weird until you realize most other people can add up to 3 or 4 teaspoon of sugar for their liking.

Seriously, our commercial drinks and beverages are very sweet, and I hate it. (though I have to admit every now and then I fall for them !)
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

YNM wrote:Our family likes tea plain. Which might not seems weird until you realize most other people can add up to 3 or 4 teaspoon of sugar for their liking.

Seriously, our commercial drinks and beverages are very sweet, and I hate it. (though I have to admit every now and then I fall for them !)

I grew up drinking southern-style sweet iced tea. My grandmother even used Nestea instant iced tea crystals... *shudders*

After my pancreas got destroyed and I developed diabetes, I learned how to change my beverage habits fast. Unsweetened iced tea is a treat for me, because once you take away the sweetener that masks everything, you can quickly discover which teas are great and which ones are garbage.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

kamnet wrote: Unsweetened iced tea is a treat for me, because once you take away the sweetener that masks everything, you can quickly discover which teas are great and which ones are garbage.
Unsweetened ice tea ? Wow, you have a strong tolerance or is it green tea only or is it so dilute ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

YNM wrote:
kamnet wrote: Unsweetened iced tea is a treat for me, because once you take away the sweetener that masks everything, you can quickly discover which teas are great and which ones are garbage.
Unsweetened ice tea ? Wow, you have a strong tolerance or is it green tea only or is it so dilute ?
Nope, not diluted, traditional black tea. Brewed the right way and chilled, it's crisp, flavorful, slightly earthy but not bitter. Steep it too long and you get the tanins that start to make the bitter. Don't brew it long enough and it's kinda icky flavored water. If it is bitter, I will throw half a packet or a whole packet of either stevia or sucralose (Splendid) in to take the edge off.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:I fully support the institution of EU and want open borders between all EU countries effective immediately.
Okay, going back to this one, I support the EU, and I would much rather Brexit not be happening. The latter point about open borders, I like Schengen in Europe, the idea of driving from one country to the next without having to stop every 6 hours for someone to check my passport is nice, but I don't like the idea of Schengen for the UK. I don't know why, I guess it's just something to do with the fact we're an island, we're special :P
JamieLei wrote:I actually quite like Pendolinos.
They're good for falling asleep on! Very dim and comfortable enough.
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

Earth is flat. Now you have an unpopular opinion! :lol:
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Pilot wrote:
JamieLei wrote:I actually quite like Pendolinos.
They're good for falling asleep on! Very dim and comfortable enough.
I personally find them far more comfortable than the East Coast 225s, where you frequently get woken up by a set of points.
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

kamnet wrote:... Brewed the right way and chilled, it's crisp, flavorful, slightly earthy but not bitter. Steep it too long and you get the tanins that start to make the bitter. Don't brew it long enough and it's kinda icky flavored water. If it is bitter, I will throw half a packet or a whole packet of either stevia or sucralose (Splendid) in to take the edge off.
Well, that's not off what I'd call "dilute"...
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Taylor Swift did nothing wrong.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Train<In>Vain wrote:Taylor Swift did nothing wrong.
Wait, what is she accused of?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

kamnet wrote:
Train<In>Vain wrote:Taylor Swift did nothing wrong.
Wait, what is she accused of?
I second this.

I think Swift is cool. Ever since she released "Shake it Off" where she basically makes fun of her public perception, I've appreciated her a lot more.
My Scenarios:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Speaking of, here you go: I think Justin Bieber has finally started to come into his own as a respectable pop artist and singer.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

kamnet wrote:Speaking of, here you go: I think Justin Bieber has finally started to come into his own as a respectable pop artist and singer.
Now this is what this topic is all about.

Because you're wrong!!!!!
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'd have much preferred it if it was a lot more powerful sounding, like he was actually annoyed by it, and that'd require 'Love' to be swapped with a profanity. (I think it actually was for one cover).
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “Off-Topic”