JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ecolortest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ecolortest »

Mac please
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re:

Post by ino »

ecolortest wrote:Mac please
While I am not JGR and I can't answer for him, I believe the only guarantee way to provide OSX version is to compile it on OSX. JGR appear to be using Linux, so there isn't an easy way he can provide an OSX version.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by andythenorth »

Ask Truebrain (nicely plz) to hook JGR's github repo to the OpenTTD compile farm. That will produce cross-platform binaries. Worked for NotRoadTypes fork, might work for patchpacks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Truebrain wrote: (inserting fake quote so he gets a public notification ;)
My dearest Truebrain, would you please, pretty please, with all the bestest confections on top, please set up a compile farm for JGRPP? We love you very much and we all think you're the bestest developer ever!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

What happened to 20.2? I've been waiting so that I can use the fixed time scaling, not that I mean to rush you. Maybe a status report of some kind, please?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
ecolortest
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Re:

Post by ecolortest »

ino wrote:
While I am not JGR and I can't answer for him, I believe the only guarantee way to provide OSX version is to compile it on OSX. JGR appear to be using Linux, so there isn't an easy way he can provide an OSX version.
But i cant how compile it. i has try to compile Joker's Patch but im failed cause a error.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:What happened to 20.2? I've been waiting so that I can use the fixed time scaling, not that I mean to rush you. Maybe a status report of some kind, please?
I'll get round to it in due course (probably soon).
You don't have to wait for the release in the meantime as the code is available on github.
ino wrote:
Indeed, I don't own any Apple hardware.

Edit:
kamnet wrote:I managed to break 0.20.1! I generated an out of memory error while loading up as many NewGRFs as I could (I think I'm right near the limit) and intentionally adding/modifying/removing them. You probably don't have a lot of the NewGRFs used. Here's the crash files, if they're of any use. If you want a copy of all the files, I'll upload them someplace - some of them aren't public files. :)

I hate to say it, but I had fun breaking it ;)
I'll look into it, but can't make too many guarantees at present, I generally try to avoid dealing with the NewGRF layer.
The crashlog appears to be truncated due to exceeding the length limit, which is inconvenient, I'll look into addressing that as well.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

JGR wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:What happened to 20.2? I've been waiting so that I can use the fixed time scaling, not that I mean to rush you. Maybe a status report of some kind, please?
I'll get round to it in due course (probably soon).
You don't have to wait for the release in the meantime as the code is available on github.
ino wrote:
Indeed, I don't own any Apple hardware.

Edit:
kamnet wrote:I managed to break 0.20.1! I generated an out of memory error while loading up as many NewGRFs as I could (I think I'm right near the limit) and intentionally adding/modifying/removing them. You probably don't have a lot of the NewGRFs used. Here's the crash files, if they're of any use. If you want a copy of all the files, I'll upload them someplace - some of them aren't public files. :)

I hate to say it, but I had fun breaking it ;)
I'll look into it, but can't make too many guarantees at present, I generally try to avoid dealing with the NewGRF layer.
The crashlog appears to be truncated due to exceeding the length limit, which is inconvenient, I'll look into addressing that as well.
Are there any up-to-date tutorials on compiling in Windows 10? I also have access to someone else's Apple computer for attempting to compile on Mac OS X.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

SimYouLater wrote: Are there any up-to-date tutorials on compiling in Windows 10? I also have access to someone else's Apple computer for attempting to compile on Mac OS X.
This should be up-to-date:

https://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_Mac_OS_X
https://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_W ... 2B%2B_2015
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

ino wrote:
SimYouLater wrote: Are there any up-to-date tutorials on compiling in Windows 10? I also have access to someone else's Apple computer for attempting to compile on Mac OS X.
This should be up-to-date:

https://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_Mac_OS_X
https://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_W ... 2B%2B_2015
Is MinGW obsolete? I just got it set up last night.
Licenses for my work...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SimYouLater wrote:Is MinGW obsolete? I just got it set up last night.
Not at all. It is what I use. 8)
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

Nope. I just prefer Visual Studio when it comes to Windows stuff (and I have Visual Studio installed already -- might be a problem for non-developer as it is much bigger than MinGW)
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

I haven't had the chance to compile it, unfortunately. I have good reason to believe someone got malware into my desktop computer than enabled access to my webcam. While unplugging the webcam is simple enough, having seemingly caught them in the act is just plain creepy enough to make a fresh install of Windows a better idea than an intense scan that might not reveal anything.

Unfortunately, the intruder also seems to have changed my Windows password, and the local repair shop is unavailable on days it should be open for reasons that are personal to the shop's owner. As I don't have a CD, only a key, they will need to re-install for me. (Please PM me if you know a way around this!)

I have backed up my files, so nothing has been lost. It does mean that I won't be compiling JGR's patch pack for anyone any time soon.
Licenses for my work...
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:I have backed up my files, so nothing has been lost. It does mean that I won't be compiling JGR's patch pack for anyone any time soon.
There's a new release in the first post, so it's not necessary for you to compile it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Attila7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Attila7 »

What version of Visual Studio do I need to compile this? What was used to build the windows binary?

I can build trunk with VS2008, but I get a ton of errors and missing files with this patch. I have noted the use of static asserts that needs at least VS2010, but will it be enough to resolve all compile issues?

Great work on collecting and maintaining this code!
Attila
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Attila7 wrote:What version of Visual Studio do I need to compile this? What was used to build the windows binary?

I can build trunk with VS2008, but I get a ton of errors and missing files with this patch. I have noted the use of static asserts that needs at least VS2010, but will it be enough to resolve all compile issues?

Great work on collecting and maintaining this code!
You will need a compiler with C++11 support, VS2008 predates this version of the C++ standard. VS2012 may be OK, if not try a more recent version.
The windows binaries in the first post were created by MinGW 5.3.1, cross-compiled from Linux.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Now that custom bridge heads for road bridges is possible, how far away are the other two big features of NMF?

Custom bridge heads for rail.
Multiple tracktype diagonal tiles.

Of course, "forever" and "I don't know" are always valid. Tbh, I wouldn't count on the possibility of stations under bridges, though custom bridge heads is already halfway in from an end-user perspective.
Licenses for my work...
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:Now that custom bridge heads for road bridges is possible, how far away are the other two big features of NMF?

Custom bridge heads for rail.
Multiple tracktype diagonal tiles.

Of course, "forever" and "I don't know" are always valid. Tbh, I wouldn't count on the possibility of stations under bridges, though custom bridge heads is already halfway in from an end-user perspective.
The main issue with custom bridge heads is compatibility with signals on bridges. Getting them working together may prove to be problematic. If I have time I may look at this some day, along with improvements to the signals on bridges/tunnels implementation.
Multiple track-types per tile is doable, just fiddly and time-consuming, I may implement it at some point.
Doing stations under bridges properly implies adding NewGRF support, to define the height of the station tile type (i.e. the minimum bridge height, and whether overhead bridges are permitted at all). This NewGRF support is highly unlikely to happen as I have no control over the NewGRF spec or station set authors, and am not inclined to develop a NewGRF myself. A similar argument applies for other things you might conceivably want under bridges (e.g. houses, depots, industries).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

JGR wrote: Doing stations under bridges properly implies adding NewGRF support, to define the height of the station tile type (i.e. the minimum bridge height, and whether overhead bridges are permitted at all). This NewGRF support is highly unlikely to happen as I have no control over the NewGRF spec or station set authors, and am not inclined to develop a NewGRF myself.
This is already working in NewStations and NMF.

in action7:

Code: Select all

define(NMF,2) // platform
in action0:

Code: Select all

// in case of NMF these stations allow for crossing bridges at height 3
skipif(1, PLATFORM, !=, NMF)
setproperties(WAYP0 .. WAYP3,
        bridge_height({3,3,3,3},{3,3,3,3},{3,3,3,3},{3,3,3,3})
)
You would simply have to introduce another value for "platform" (TTDPATCH = 0, OTTD = 1, NMF = 2, JGRPP=3 ?), and support a "bridge height" property (NMF already uses 0x1B).

regards
Michael

Return to “OpenTTD Development”