removing train without electricity of tracks

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

tracktracker
Engineer
Engineer

removing train without electricity of tracks

Post by tracktracker »

How to do? My train is not able to move to depot, so I cannot delete it. I can do nothing!
I used the wrong tracks, and now the train is in the middle of a route without electricity and i cannot remove it.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: removing train without electricity of tracks

Post by Redirect Left »

You'll need to do the tracks leading from train to depot into the right track type again to get it moving.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

I usually build a new depot right next to the train in these cases, and remove it afterwards.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lesarthois »

I had that thing happening to me once. I was able to convert electrified rails into normals rails (by accident, I was converting narrow tracks to normal gauge and the electrified line was next to it).

The problem is that it was a tunnel, and the game then refused to convert to line back to electrified because of the train stuck in the tunnel. Couldn't do anything. I ended up reloading the game :D

I know it doesn't help, but the problem isn't unknow to me at least. Since them, I double check everying before converting rails :D

Maybe, a less dramatic solution if you haven't saved in a while would be to send a suicide train on the rails to destroy the stuck train.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”