Photo of the Month - July 2017 - Entries

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Photo of the Month - July 2017 - Entries

Post by Voyager One »

And here we go again!

Theme:
"IMPROVEMENT"
... set by the last month's winner Ameecher.

... and to quote him exactly... (I simply love his explanation :lol: :lol: :lol: )
"Interpret it how you wish, just justify it."

As always, rules can be found HERE.

How to enter:
Easy - simply upload your image to this topic to enter or link it from a trusted site such as flickr, photobucket, DeviantArt, your personal website etc.
Uploading is preferred as it keeps things together. If you're linking from a URL, having a small 'preview' image and a link to a high-res image would be helpful.
If uploading direct to the wiki:
Let's keep entries in a certain named format for organisation reasons as well as keeping record of them in the entries topic and here. If you prefer to upload to the wiki, please keep it in the same naming format as other entries and inform me they are already on the wiki. Name format is - month|year|POTM_user name.
For example: 0717POTM_Dave.jpg / 0717POTM_orudge.jpg / 0717POTM_GeoGhost.jpg / 0717POTM_Ameecher.jpg
You get the idea ;)

At the end of the month, this topic will close and a voting topic will be started with all the entries in for people to choose their top one.
All entries will be uploaded to the tt-forums wiki and stored there for voting and also for archive.
Entries close on the last day of the month, voting will be available for 7 days (approximately).
The winner will need to contact me about what they want the next theme to be and then that will be posted in the entry topic for the next month*. Then we repeat from there. Simple.
(* If the winner doesn't choose a theme within 7 days, the next month's theme will be an "Open" theme).

If you wish to change your entry, you may so long as the entries are still open. Simply upload a new one to the topic and remove your old one.
Otherwise, it may get confusing as to which one you are entering. If there are two entries submitted and you have not informed me which one you wish to be used, I will use the first one posted.

Cheers people!
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Photo of the Month - July 2017 - Entries

Post by Train<In>Vain »

VarioRam. Nuff said.
Attachments
engine-1.jpg
engine-1.jpg (235.83 KiB) Viewed 742 times
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

My entry :

A bodge improvement, not as good as actual tollroads that's under construction but better than locals-invested "main roads"... this "functional toll road" runs about 110 km (60 miles) and opened to public for two weeks !
20170629_094821.jpg
(2.48 MiB) Not downloaded yet
On local news :
https://m.detik.com/news/berita-jawa-te ... bu-pemudik

What happened the previous year without one :
https://m.detik.com/news/berita/3248248 ... dari-udara

If I got something better to show, I'll replace this.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

An improvement for all tourists that can't (or are just too lazy to) walk, tracks going up and down the hill.
Attachments
0717POTM_Transportman.JPG
(2.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Transportman wrote:An improvement for all tourists that can't (or are just too lazy to) walk, tracks going up and down the hill.
I am trying my best to work out how on earth those points are even meant to work!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Geo Ghost wrote:
Transportman wrote:An improvement for all tourists that can't (or are just too lazy to) walk, tracks going up and down the hill.
I am trying my best to work out how on earth those points are even meant to work!
Apparently some of the rail arrangement will shift sideways or something. Never been to a funicular myself.

EDIT : Just remembered that the wheels doesn't have flanges on the inner side, but have double flanges on the outer side. The train keeps whichever side the flanged wheel is located.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Geo Ghost wrote:
Flanges on each of the funicular cars are different so that they always go one way. It means rather than left track being up and right track down, it'll be left track for car 1 and right track for car 2, regardless of direction of travel.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

On a personal note: T'was bloody time they've laid the new layer of asphalt here! :evil:
Attachments
0717POTM_VoyagerOne.jpg
(327.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

In a forum devoted to "Transport", it's necessary to spell out that motorized transport is an improvement over walking?? :lol:
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Train<In>Vain wrote:
In a forum devoted to "Transport", it's necessary to spell out that motorized transport is an improvement over walking?? :lol:
That is for those of us that can't (or are just too lazy to) think that motorized transport up and down the hill is an improvement over having to walk it.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

We'll extend this into August too... :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

SROTU expresses his approval at the improvements on the Stourbridge Town branch.
Attachments
1.jpg
(1.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

JamieLei wrote:SROTU expresses his approval at the improvements on the Stourbridge Town branch.
We have a winner...!

I'm a bit late to the party with my one. Finished work late last night and didn't get to sort out the photo I wanted.
Took a lovely one for 'improvement' whilst I was at Oslo Gardermoen the other week, but I don't have time to tweek it and upload it sadly, so going to use an older photo of the improved Kings Cross :)

Kings Cross - A busy concourse by Richard Camp, on Flickr
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

JamieLei wrote:SROTU expresses his approval at the improvements on the Stourbridge Town branch.
Any photo with SROTU inside it is a huge improvement I presume.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I think we can close this contest right now. There can be no other winner than SROTU... :D
Leon

Image Image Image Image
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

msg.png
msg.png (272.71 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Voyager One wrote:
I think we can close this contest right now. There can be no other winner than SROTU... :D
And no need to have a vote for Picture of the Year at the end of the year also...
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Yeah, after this, it seem totaly pointless having any kind of contest for ever and ever... :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

No voting this month? ;)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Geo Ghost wrote:No voting this month? ;)
Voyager One wrote:We'll extend this into August too... :wink:
That may answer your question :wink:

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”