JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

Cadde wrote:This looks quite suspiciously like a typo: https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-p ... e.cpp#L182

Code: Select all

power = power_temp * 74611;
Shouldn't it be:

Code: Select all

power = power_temp * 746ll;
power_temp should be multiplied by 746 for HP to Watts, not 74,611. The end of the corrected line has double L's for "long long int" as used further up in the function. Right?
I agree, thanks for letting me know, that's well spotted.
This is in the repo and will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Cadde
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Cadde »

Yeah, i was scrutinizing acceleration code for this:

So i just happened on it by chance, because i didn't care about breakdowns in my app anyways.
RaO_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RaO_ »

Hi. I am a JGR Patch Pack user from South Korea.

Thank you for developing such a amazing patch pack.

I am using this patch pack in Korean, but there is still un-translated statements, including 'scheduled dispatch'.

I cannot understand how to use this feature.

There are even no information in Korean OTTD communities.

Therefore, Could you explain what is 'scheduled dispatch', and how to use it?

If I didn't find information about this...(include the information written by English ), you could inform me a link about it.

Because I am not good at English... I am so sorry that this reply would feel rude or awkaward.

나의 SM-N900S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

I wrote the document two page back (page 43). Link : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73469&start=840#p1188288

I believe translation is going to be in the next release.
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

I am having an interesting problem wherein a block signal will spontaneously refuse to let a train pass, even when there are no obstructions on the line. I do not know how to reproduce this error because it happens infrequently, but as you can imagine it presents a large disruption to service when a mainline is blocked. After the signal is cleared manually, it works as normal. This may be due to the large number of signals on the network (almost 18,000) or the large number of trains.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

p4nzer wrote:I am having an interesting problem wherein a block signal will spontaneously refuse to let a train pass, even when there are no obstructions on the line. I do not know how to reproduce this error because it happens infrequently, but as you can imagine it presents a large disruption to service when a mainline is blocked. After the signal is cleared manually, it works as normal. This may be due to the large number of signals on the network (almost 18,000) or the large number of trains.
Thanks for reporting this, could you post the savegame, and point out which signal it is?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by einsteinyh »

May I Make a question?
Is there any possibility of giving support of this PP for android devices in the future? (Maybe a crossed fork of pelya's port) :roll:
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

JGR wrote:
p4nzer wrote:I am having an interesting problem wherein a block signal will spontaneously refuse to let a train pass, even when there are no obstructions on the line. I do not know how to reproduce this error because it happens infrequently, but as you can imagine it presents a large disruption to service when a mainline is blocked. After the signal is cleared manually, it works as normal. This may be due to the large number of signals on the network (almost 18,000) or the large number of trains.
Thanks for reporting this, could you post the savegame, and point out which signal it is?

Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwiaP ... 2toTnR0bkU

Broken signal is at 258 x 218 x 1.

Here's a screenshot: http://puu.sh/wMr4I/e34b6dcbd6.png
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

p4nzer wrote:Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwiaP ... 2toTnR0bkU

Broken signal is at 258 x 218 x 1.

Here's a screenshot: http://puu.sh/wMr4I/e34b6dcbd6.png
I'm testing a fix for this at the moment.

In the meantime, you should switch the setting "automatic reversing at signals" to off.
einsteinyh wrote:May I Make a question?
Is there any possibility of giving support of this PP for android devices in the future? (Maybe a crossed fork of pelya's port) :roll:
I would doubt that this is likely to happen. It would require someone else on the Android side to take it on.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

JGR wrote:
einsteinyh wrote:May I Make a question?
I would doubt that this is likely to happen. It would require someone else on the Android side to take it on.
I won't port patchpacks to Android, sorry. I don't even bother adding new features to the regular Android version anymore.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I have a crash to show you! It appears to happen whenever I try to clone a vehicle with a sub-cargo.
Attachments
OpenTTD JGR Crash @ 0758 24-07-17.txt
(39.93 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
crash.dmp
(18.94 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Gwyd wrote:I have a crash to show you! It appears to happen whenever I try to clone a vehicle with a sub-cargo.
Thanks for reporting this.
This is a bug in the scheduled dispatch feature in that it does not correctly handle the case of cloning a vehicle with an empty orders list.
This will be fixed before the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

In the savegame I posted earlier, the group that includes train 14 has a problem wherein the trains will occasionally be dispatched with their schedules set either as being absurdly early (>500 minutes) or as "not started." This causes all of the trains to group up at the first station stop, which blocks other trains. This happens only sometimes, but it has happened reliably over the several weeks I've been playing with it.
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

p4nzer wrote:In the savegame I posted earlier, the group that includes train 14 has a problem wherein the trains will occasionally be dispatched with their schedules set either as being absurdly early (>500 minutes) or as "not started." This causes all of the trains to group up at the first station stop, which blocks other trains. This happens only sometimes, but it has happened reliably over the several weeks I've been playing with it.
I will try to look into this, but no promise. The behaviour your describe does not make sense at all with fixed timetable, so I suspect the problem might occurs only when automated timetable is active along with scheduled dispatch. Thanks for reporting.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm trying to get into scenario creating and releasing, i've got JGR patch pack installed currently.

Will scenarios i make with this pack play as anticipated on the normal OpenTTD, or should I scenerio create with a seperate installation?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Redirect Left wrote:I'm trying to get into scenario creating and releasing, i've got JGR patch pack installed currently.

Will scenarios i make with this pack play as anticipated on the normal OpenTTD, or should I scenerio create with a seperate installation?
The latter. Although a topic for JGRPP-only scenarios would be nice.

EDIT: Along with NotRoadTypes, could you keep an eye on Juanjo's patches, JGR? Like NRT they're a long time coming, so watching the progress is all I'm asking. Hopefully these changes will be stable enough one day to include, though they'll likely need to go to trunk rather than included.

EDIT 2: You did something with a house patch because of desync issues. Are you aware of the following? viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68894&start=60#p1188979
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

Could you make the OpenGFX + Airports Seaplane Airport usable in your Patchpack like in the Joker Patchpack?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

BW89 wrote:Could you make the OpenGFX + Airports Seaplane Airport usable in your Patchpack like in the Joker Patchpack?
Download the latest nightly version of OpenGFX+ Airports, it includes the seaplane airport now.
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

Redirect Left wrote:I'm trying to get into scenario creating and releasing, i've got JGR patch pack installed currently.

Won't play well with normal OpenTTD, you could make it originally in a stable OpenTTD version, and then use that to make a JGR version.

EDIT: Also, looked at the New Road Types and that custom Airport patch.

:shock:

Stuff like this was unthinkable when I first joined back in 2008.

Wow.
Something goes here, hell if I know.
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

kamnet wrote:
BW89 wrote:Could you make the OpenGFX + Airports Seaplane Airport usable in your Patchpack like in the Joker Patchpack?
Download the latest nightly version of OpenGFX+ Airports, it includes the seaplane airport now.
I am using the latest nightly but i cant place the seaplane Airport in the Water.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”