Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2017 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

And the results are in!

(People voting in this round were given three votes due to the amount of entries)

Code: Select all

Emperor Jake	14
Swissfan91     13
piratescooby	11
Quast65	     10
Pilot	        9
Pyoro	        8
trainman1432    8
SilverSurferZzZ 6
flogeza		   5
luxtram		   5
STD         	 5
leifbk		    3
BW89		      2
kamnet		    2	
ISA	 	      1
Total---------102

I feel honoured to be the winner of this month's competition despite the amount of entries! And a commendation to those who came very close! :D

Thanks again to everyone who participated and voted. I think the "vote for three" method went well but I'm going to put a poll up to decide if I should continue it for when there are more than 10 screenshots.

And as a final thanks, have some bonus screenshots from me :)
This was my other option that I considered for this month's competition: the Muallt Viaduct. One of the busiest lines on Darren Island crosses this viaduct near the city of Llanfair-ym-Muallt. Local third rail EMUs are seen sharing the track with steam powered freight and passenger trains.
The Muallt Viaduct
The Muallt Viaduct
jun17sotm.PNG (329.92 KiB) Viewed 4959 times
And here's the Tredegar Viaduct in 1940, when it was still part of the rail network. A passenger train is seen crossing it, while more trains pass through Tredegar station on the mainline.

To continue the theme of my screenshot, the theme for July will be Abandonment
For transport infrastructure that is no longer used, in disrepair or has seen better days...

good luck and get abandoning! :D
Attachments
Darren Island Railway, 17th Jul 1940.png
Darren Island Railway, 17th Jul 1940.png (911.92 KiB) Viewed 780 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory you, Jake :D . Great job on the organization of the competition. I liked the bonus screenshots. Beautiful :)) . I fully support your view that we should give the right of choice in the amount of three votes, when the number of screenshots exceeds 10 :D . I hope that soon we will have lots of screenshots, as this time.
I like the new theme. Excellent choice. Very important at all times. The theme is quite broad for the imagination. I think every future member already has a lot of ideas in head for the implementation of the current theme. So go ahead gentlemen friends :)) .

-------
Changes on the Wiki (TT Screenshot of the Month) I also made recently :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Congrats Emperor Jake!!
A very nice new theme and welcome to the top of the overall leaderboard, I have been too lonely up there for too long ;-)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - June 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by SwissFan91 »

Congratulations! I was so close :x
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Congratulations on all the players who enter these competitions whether you win or not.

I haven't entered any yet and hope to start in coming months.

The 3 votes great idea as some images hard to choose which one like best so being able to vote up to 3 makes it more interesting. Probable if 10 or less, still good if have to vote for at least 2. When it is 1 vote I imagine some players who entered the competition would only vote for their own, So voting a minimum of 2 no matter how many entries gives every one a good chance.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
kamnet

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - July 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by kamnet »

A post-war town, once a vital transport link, has been left to abandon and rot. Scrappers have started pulling up sections of track, while the road infrastructure and buildings crumble and decay. Vehicles, no longer needed, are left abandoned in the streets, rusting away.
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (125.81 KiB) Viewed 4811 times
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

The ex Low Speed Train Network is replaced with buses and a High speed train but there are still two trains on the heavy damaged tracks.
There are tow Planes on the abandoned Airport.
Attachments
abandonment_new.png
(507.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by BW89 on 14 Jul 2017 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Is something off with the perspective of that screenshot? It totally gives me motion sickness.

Except it's not moving.

How very weird :shock:
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

I rotated it :D
I change it to a not rotated version ;)
NCommander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NCommander »

As it turns out, I got a screenshot in my current MP game that works great for the Abandonment theme.
The Cockburn branch, built in 1921, is one of the most distinctive pieces abandoned pieces of infrastructure built by the legendary WEWRailroad. Now obsecured in the city of downtown Cockburn, the original station was the first passenger service run by the WWR

Originally built as a shuttle service to connect nearby cities to Cockburn airport, the line was extended northward to Lyon division creating the first connection between WWE's northern and western divisions. Due to single track operations, and sharp corners, only a few trains could pass through day at low speeds over the distinctive twin bridges. The branch line was electrified in 1942, lasting only until 1950 when the new Cockburn station was developed in the south, and passenger service was discontinued to Cockburn Central. The Lanstrend Act provided government funding to build a new dual track line now known as the Empire Connection, bypassing the original 1920 alignment. Goods service lasted until 1960 using the northern division tracks when the Empire Connection was finally completed.

The only sign of the Cockburn branch on the north division is a single crossover near a fruit station.

Despite nearly a decade since the last train rolled over the Twin Bridges, Cockburn Station itself remains in operation serving as a passenger waiting area for streetcars. The tracks and some of the original semaphores have been left in place, though parts of the rails have been stolen by scrappers.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Welcome to the competition, NCommander! :)
BW89 wrote:I rotated it :D
I change it to a not rotated version ;)
Would you mind posting the rotated version? (not for entering, I'm just curious to see what you did to it :wink: )
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

Here it is ;)
Attachments
abandonment.png
(2.89 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

ARGGGHH!
NCommander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NCommander »

BW89 wrote:Here it is ;)
It's like one of those magic eye diagrams. You look at it and you can tell something is off but you can't tell what. o_O;
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

BW89 wrote:Here it is ;)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
BW89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BW89 »

I think i saw it at another screen too, but i think Windows Pictures ( my Windows is in German the App is called Fotos ^^) is not the best programm to to things like this...
nodrog289
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nodrog289 »

Followed this competition for a while and I really love it. Only recently just got back into play OpenTTD and so I thought I'd try entering! :)
Attachments
abandoned.png
The newly opened Glasgow Transport Museum houses the very first train that 'Don't Freight' purchased.

A 0-8-0 Freight Engine used to carry coal from the nearby mine, over to Stirling Powerplant - but at 25 years old, it now lives a peaceful 'abandoned' lifestyle in the Museum.
(555.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

July Entry:
Sheerness-on-Sea Railway Station, 2017 & 1940. Once a bustling terminal for holidaymakers and industry, Sheerness-on-Sea is now almost abandoned with only two Southeastern trains per hour to Sittingbourne for a connection to London.
Sheerness-on-Sea Railway Station, 2017 & 1940. Once a bustling terminal for holidaymakers and industry, Sheerness-on-Sea is now almost abandoned with only two Southeastern trains per hour to Sittingbourne for a connection to London.
July.png (296.71 KiB) Viewed 4368 times
Sheerness-on-Sea Railway Station 2017 - 1940.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

My entry for the month:

All that remains of the train station in the village of Geringswalde are the platforms. The station was modernised in 1976, however, was soon abandoned in 1978 when there was a mass exodus from the town following the collapse of the local mining industry. Whilst trains still thunder through at speeds exceeding 200km/h, they no longer stop in the sleepy village. Over the years, the shelters and passenger information displays have been removed, and the steps to the underpass bricked up. Upon closure of the station, the loop line, which allowed express trains to pass stopping trains here was also taken out of use, and whilst officially still a part of the network, is now devoid of track, having been stolen by those hoping to make what little cash there is still to make in the village. The little bus that now services the village every Tuesday (to allow people to the Market in nearby Gundelsheim) can be seen just underneath the railway bridge, whilst a Regio Express train, on one of the services that used to stop here, blasts through the site of the former station.
SOTM July 2017_Pilot.png
SOTM July 2017_Pilot.png (653.52 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

My entry for the month ,the abandoned village of Ogri'la being repopulated thanks to the two new factories .
Attachments
Jones & Co., 1st Aug 2183.png
(702.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”