The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The official-unofficial screenshot thread (non OT)

Post by Pyoro »

Aren't 6 tracks selectable? Either way, those aren't actually 6 platforms, those are 2 linked 2-track train stations with manually placed through-lines there. Reason for that, is, sadly, one of those stupid "main connection" bugs, where no matter what I did I just couldn't get rid of the street the trains there have to cross. So I had to design my station around that ... street. And decided to at least make it look like something that might be useful at some point. ^^;;; I nearly stopped playing the game right then and there.

Incidentally, if you look at the first screenshot, that's also 2 train stations connected instead of one expanded to 4 lines. This time, no "main connection" road that annoyed me, but "vehicle in the way" - even if there's nothing running there in the entire city and the trains stopped. I just can't delete the old train station.
... that was roughly the 4th or 5th time I nearly stopped playing ^^;;;;

Shame the game has so many annoying thing. Although, yeah, I just looked at the Transport Fever dev vids and expanding stations is one of the things they're going to fix for the sequel. Looks really, really convenient. I mean, with that sort of think I don't expect anything super-comfortable (like it seems to be for Transport Fever), just not something utterly atrocious (like it unfortunately is for Train Fever). Something "average" would've been enough to not make me complain ;)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Train Fever indeed has some very annoying quirks, that really take out the fun of it. I hope they do improve those points in the sequel.

Now you cannot redo some tracks without pausing, as all trains will get lost. I also already had several times that I missed a small part of tracks, making the routes a mess. And in OpenTTD you can easily solve the mess because you can easily place some tracks to resolve the grid lock, but Train Fever does not have that, so sometimes you have to create an even bigger mess to solve things. And no, you do not get a warning that a train cannot find a path or a line is not making a profit. And creating a new line for a vehicle without pausing the game is also a recipe for disaster, as vehicles start as soon as they have a line...

And I miss some vehicle management options. I do not even rename trains, because it is just not giving any overview.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Yeah, it just feels a bit too early released or something. I mean, the tool to electrify tracks is awesome - it shows perfectly nicely where there's no catenary yet, and you can build it over running trains and everything and nobody cares. But try to build a signal that's anywhere near a train and the game goes nuts ... it's just ... weird.

Also, you want local services to feed your train stations. That makes sense. There'll be like 20 or so cities on a map. You'll have like 2-3 lines per city, maybe. So perhaps 60 or so PAX lines. Evey 10-20 or so years you get a new bus. Then you get to sit down and ... there's no "replace all" button :| Either sent everything to a depot (which kicks them of the line...), or set every "replace" thing to the new vehicle, and then perhaps to 25% lifetime so they do it now (unless they'r really new) and not sometime in the next 30 years. And then set it all back 'cause obviously you don't want that in normal operation.
It. Sucks. So. Much.

But you build those really need, gently curving tracks ...
http://i63.tinypic.com/2hfluev.jpg
... and have this awesome sight-range where you can really see everything for miles:
http://i67.tinypic.com/2s5y5gz.jpg

I think if they fix the annoying problems Transport Fever could be potentially really awesome. But they honestly have to take more care with the little things.

€: I looked around the Train Fever screenshot threads a bit. Ho boy. There's some a-m-a-z-i-n-g things out there. Not sure how well they work in terms of gameplay, but, wow.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Right. This is perhaps my strangest ever game of Europa Universalis IV. I started out on the island of Rhodes as "The Knights". My first goal was to capture some land inbetween the Ottomans and the Mamluks. I then worked my way down to Jerusalem and could then tagswitch. 200 years later, then...

Some color explanations, yeah?

GREEN: Jerusalem (Me)
RED STAR: My capital Ḳosṭanṭīnīye
TURQUOISE: Vassals + Colonial Nations
ORANGE: Léon (Personal Union)
GREY: Bavaria (Alliance + Royal Marriage)
CREAM: Lithuania (Alliance + Royal Marriage)
PURPLE: Sweden (Alliance + Royal Marriage)
Attachments
eu4_map_KOJ_1684_09_29_3.png
(526.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I tried to take some Arty Train Sim screenshots
Attachments
Screenshot_West Highland Line Extension_56.96823--5.82155_11-20-12.jpg
(531.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_West Highland Line Extension_56.96845--5.82175_11-20-33.jpg
(404.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Jolyon Palmer is setting new records for the Australian Grand Prix, with a lap time of 4:49.691. Such speed there Jolyon!
Attachments
20170310_000357.jpg
(2.22 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Lately been playing some Black Desert Online.

+ game looks fantastic
+ beer cooking

- gameplay is classic asia-grind
- plot is horribly bad, even for a MMO
- half the the time I'd rather kill the people in the server chat instead of the mobs
Attachments
BlackDesert64 2017-03-05 01-09-45-55.png
(2.52 MiB) Not downloaded yet
BlackDesert64 2017-03-04 23-35-55-24.png
(1.97 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

MOTORSPORT MANAGER.

Yes. The manager aspect of the game (the main mode) lets you take control of a team from any of these 3 categories:

World Motorsport Championship
Asia-Pacific Super Cup
European Racing Series

In the WMC, you can find teams like Scuderia Rossini (with the German Dieter Wexler and the flying Finn Nilo Saarinen), Steinmann Motorsport (with the fantastic British driver Harry Chapman and his German team mate Wolfgang Schmidt). I haven't fully figured out the teams but I THINK these are the ones:

Steinmann Motorsport - Mercedes
Scuderia Rossini - Ferrari
Panther Race Team - Red Bull
Windsor Racing - Williams
Kitano Sport - McLaren
Vélan Racing - Sauber
Rezzato Corsa - Toro Rosso
Chariot Motor Group - Manor
MacNeil Racing Team - Haas
Thornton Motorsport - Renault

There's no Indian team in the World Motorsport Championship. Hmpf.

The Asia-Pacific and European Series are more fictional, with perhaps a few nods to some teams but nothing more than that. The series have different rules (The European racing series won't allow the development of front and rear wings and instead use spec wings. There's a reverse grid based on championship position so whoever leads the series starts last, etc.) and you can vote on a few changes every year.

In my first playthrough, I lead the fantastic Garuda Racing to victory in the European Racing Series and was offered promotion to the Acia-Pacific Super Cup which I accepted. Mid-season in the Acia-Pacific, I applied for the job of team principal at Scuderia Rossini. I was accepted and helped guide Rossini from 3rd to 1st in the championship. Mid-season, I replaced my two aging drivers for younglings, Charles LeCoq (yes. LeCoq) and Carol Olson. Great pairing.

I am now playing as Rehn Grand Prix (YES YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN TEAMS!). For the first season, we started off with an absolute s*** car and I was 1 second behind the second slowest team on the grid. By season 2, I fought for wins. By season 3, I almost exclusively finish first and second.

Look at the lovely Swedish-inspired colour scheme of my car. Every year, you get to edit the livery.
Rehn_GP.png
(1.4 MiB) Not downloaded yet
After winning season 3 of European Racing Series, for my 4th season I have indeed graduated to the Asia-Pacific Super Cup. I can only expect to score points occasionally since I should be behind the other teams in terms of development. Here's our car for the season though:
Rehn_GP2.png
(1.65 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Notice among other things that there are different tyres. In the European Racing Series, we had wide tyres from Brutus (high grip, low durability). For the Asia-Pacific, we are using the more refined Cortés tyres which are narrower and offer less grip, but in turn last longer.
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Some Tropico 5 - haven't played this in a while.

Two very contrasting photos - one shows a newly developed urban area. The second shows some country houses constructed for the workers at the Geothermal Powerplants powering my island.
Attachments
tropico.png
(2.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
tropico2.png
(2.39 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Cliffs of Dover

Edit: new screenshot to conform to German Law.
Attachments
0000i110.jpg
(1.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Train<In>Vain on 30 Jun 2017 20:46, edited 2 times in total.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Nice. What's the game? :)
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

A swastika! You've successfully outraged all German forum users :shock:

;)

I'm currently playing a bit of ME:Andromeda. Can't say that I like it very much. It looks nice, but it's a chore to play.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Pyoro wrote:A swastika! You've successfully outraged all German forum users :shock:
The offending symbol has been removed.

Feelin Dank!
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I appreciate the hours of photoshopping you clearly put into this supremely well-done edit. :)

I barely noticed that you replaced the swastika with iron crosses. Fantastic work.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

He replaced the swastika with a Hitler cat, and it looks even better to me :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha

Normandy 1944 Map (not bad for an Alpha!)
Attachments
Spitfire01.jpg
(2.45 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Spitfire02.jpg
(2.64 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Spitfire03.jpg
(1.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Dark Blue World (DCS WWII)
Attachments
b109k4.jpg
(1.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I've given up on ME. It's unfortunately just plain boring. What's worse than a boring game? Absolutely nothing.

So now I play Nier. It's kinda more ... enticing.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Hello choo choo
Attachments
DCSLoco.jpg
Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) "Normandy 1944"
(1.75 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Off-Topic”