[W.I.P.] The Food-Mod Final Version

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

wanderer28
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [RELEASED] A new Food-Mod

Post by wanderer28 »

Hi Emperor,

It works perfectly now. Much thanks.

With great appreciation,

wanderer28
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

removed
Last edited by OpenRailer90 on 05 Aug 2014 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

At first I didn't understand this, because it was Spanish...But when I unzipped the file, I noticed that it was a Bank, Money (with a € sign) and an Armored truck...You have posted this in the wrong topic. It would sure fit nice, but only within the valuables mod, and not the food-mod mate :lol:

Anyway I did download it, and will use it in my mod, but since I didn't created this it can not be released as part from the valuables mod...People must download it for their self and change it so it can be used with the valuables mod.
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Sorry, meant to post it in the Valuables Mod thread :lol:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I have two new ideas for the food-mod...

The first is to make the slaughterhouse produce leather (from the skins from the livestock) and to deliver the leather at the clothingfactory and let it accept wool, cotton and leather. It needs wool, cotton and chemicals at the moment and it needs all three to start producing. With leather instead of chemicals, this factory can produce clothes from one of those cargo's.

The second is to do something with the fertilizer thing...Perhaps let the livestock and sheep farms produce manure, but I'm not sure yet how to do this, because those farms already produce two things. Livestock and milk and sheep and wool...Since any type of industry can only produce 2 types of cargo, this will be hard to accomplish. But you can do something with the manure as well. You can use it for farming on the grain/grapes/coconut and cottonfarms instead of fertilizer....

The leather is already in it's testingfase, but I'm not sure yet about the manure. What do you guys think...Any ideas ? Please let me know about it...

Regards,

Erik
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Sounds great! It would be great if it's backwards-compatible wih this mod:

http://descargas.trensim.com/locomotion ... %20MOD.rar
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I've never heard of that mod...However the Food-Mod already has a lot of industries and 16 is the limit (with 32 cargo's). It's already compatible with some things from the regular game and some parts of my valuables-mod. I will not overdue it :)
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello folks ! :wink:

Here's a new small update for the Foodmod.

I've dropped the chemicals for the clothing-factory and it now needs wool, cotton or leather (a new cargo-type). This idea was mentioned in the development of the mod but never used. I decided today that I would like to try it out. So I tested it and it turns out that it works nicely.

So now when you deliver livestock and/or sheep to the slaughterhouse it produces leather and meat. The meat can still be delivered at the food processingplant, the supermarkets and the butchers in town and the leather can be delivered at the clothingfactory. The clothingfactory now only needs one of the cargo's that can be delivered there and then it starts to produce clothing.

So here's the download for this small update. It holds three files: the two industries and the leather cargo, just place them in your ObjData folder and replace the old files. You can just overwrite the old slaughterhouse and clothingfactory, but I'm not sure if you can still play with old saved games with this small update. However it's an optional update and not needed to play the old version. The leather has the same graphics and ID-number as iron ore so it can be hauled in coal and iron ore trains and trucks.
Leather Cycle.7z
(90.26 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Have fun with it and enjoy this small update !!

Regards,

Erik

P.S. I found out some things via wikipedia, that it's made out of skin from cattle. Here's the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [W.I.P.] The Food-Mod V2.0

Hello there,

Same as with my valuables mod...I'm going to check for errors in both mods to see what things aren't complete and re-release them when they are tested an working properly. When both mods are fine, they will be released and probably never have new updates. But for now I want them to work like they should. When they are done all of the other small downloads that can be found in this topic will be removed and included.

So until everything is done, please have a little patience...

Regards,

EDS
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [W.I.P.] The Food-Mod Final Version

Helle people,

I think the time has come to get this done. In the past few days I started to work on the final version of this mod...There are however a few things that I would like to know. Do you people think that I should include the Tuna-mod from Manuel ? I have his permission, but there are by now 15 industries...That's why I deleted the cotton-farm for this mod because you're going to need a few 'normal' industries for this mod as well.

Please let me know what you think and I see what I will do...I hope to release this soon, and when it's done I will start working on the final version for the Valuebles mod.

Regards,

Erik
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

I think it's good that you're working again. :)

However, I notice that there are less and less people interested. The game is now 13 years old. There are several other games in 3D which are now being played. But what does not mean I stop working. I just take a break before I build the whole steam locomotives. You seem to see it as well.

It would please me, and probably others, when you finish the project. I therefore look forward to your work. 8)
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Hi EDS, good to see you back. I would be very interested in having a look at this scenario, and am looking forward to it's release. You know me, I would give an honest opinion of your efforts, and I would test it for you if you so wish.

Cheers for now.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well Walter, that was a very long break for me...Almost two years :roll:

But it must be done before I never pick it up again...

Greyfox, I'm not sure what kind of scenario I will use. Most nice scenarios are made by Bluebeetle and Zimmlock, and I have permission from Zimmlock to use his scenarios, so probably I will use one of his scenarios, but not sure wich one as of yet. I'm in testingfase at the moment...I will send a copy soon to you, so you can test as well.

Until then, be well...Both of you :roll: :wink:
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

You could keep the food mod much more simple without adding new buildings or industries.
I was replaying Industry Giant 2 recently, what I liked is that you need packing materials like cans or cardboards for food (or meat or fish) to preserve it.
Cardboards for convenience foods are made of woodchips, which is an existing mod: enhanced papyer cycle, https://cache.locomotiondepot.net/view.php?item=36
The papermill could produce paper and cardboards, and the steelmill steel and cans.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello Robo, nice to see you are still around :wink:
robo wrote:You could keep the food mod much more simple without adding new buildings or industries.
Why would I wanna do that ? By now you must know that my mods are never simple and lots of work must be done before you can reach the goal. I already made the mod a little more simple, because I have removed some parts of it...But that doesn't mean the mod gets more simple in the way that is has to be played. Within a few days I will make a completly new overview so everything gets clear on how it works...I'm still testing the mod. I think I use the Soldier Summit for it, as it was requested by a friend to use that particulair scenario...

By the way, I can't have more industries in the mod because I'm pushing the limits....Industries produce two types of cargo and need a maximum of three cargos to produce. My mod is already full of it, there is nothing more to do, but of course if you have some new ideas I'm open for it :roll:

Regards,

Erik
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:
Why would I wanna do that ?
For example for compability reasons (if you want to use other mods).
I personally think many of the mods for locomotion are overdone, for example when it comes to sounds and prefer it if things are kept simple.
On the other side, the mod I proposed is probably very easy to do, everyone could do it theoretically, but it would be convienent if someone would do a version which works properly. :wink:
But if you want to add new industries you could make them cheap to buy. (There is a low cost mod for factories, which is good in my opinion, because it gives you more control over the placement of industries.)
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I gave up on locomotion...since it isn't that populair any more, at least not for me. I play with Transport Fever these days and I don't think I ever return to Locomotion again. I already granted _CHILI_ permission to use everything from my food-mod for his food-mod but I wanted to say that here as well. If anybody else would like to finish this mod please let me know...permission is now only granted to _CHILI_.

It's not goodbye for the forums, don't know when I get back...I know I also need to finish the valuebles-mod but I don't know if I will ever finish it. As far as I know there is a playable version at this moment, if not please let me know about it...also, if somebody wants to improve things about it or make a really finished version, let me know as well.

For now, so long and thanks to everybody who helped me and supported me and used my mods over the almost 13 years that I have been on these forums.

Thanks again...

Regards,

Erik van Kaldekerken

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”