Product chain problem

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

tykemalcolm
Engineer
Engineer

Product chain problem

Post by tykemalcolm »

I have just started using GRF add-ons and the 2 main ones I'm using are FIRS 2.1.5 and OpenGFX+Trains.
I set up the following chain.....

1) Scrap to smelter.
2) The smelter is on one side of the station, while at the other side is the factory requiring metal produced by the smelter. Both are within the catchment of the station.
3) The resulting manufacturing supplies go to factoy to produce goods.

I set up a train to collect the manufacturing supplies, using the "piece goods wagon" and also the "flatbed wagon", which according to the description will carry manufacturing supplies. However, when I try to refit the wagons for manufacturing supplies, it does not take. Instead, it still shows as "piece goods wagon" and "flstbed wagon".

I'm currently in the late 1930's. Am I not allowed to do this refit yet? Or am I missing something?
Any help is appreciated.
Brumi
President
President

Re: Product chain problem

Post by Brumi »

They should still show as Piece goods wagon and Flatbed wagon after you refit them, it's expected. Did you check the capacity of the train in the Vehicle Details window after refitting? I tried it and it works for me.
tykemalcolm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tykemalcolm »

I did, it showed capacity, but as you say, it still said "Piece Goods" and "Flatbed".

Maybe I'm making a wrong assumption about how the station between the 2 industries is working. I'm assuming that if I have a station that sits between a foundry and a factory. The foundry is receiving scrap and the factory needs the metal that is produced by the foundry. I'm assuming the transfer thru the station is automatic? Is that not the case? Do I have to transport the metal, across the rail lines to the factory, in order for it to produce?
tykemalcolm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tykemalcolm »

Thanks for the answers.
I finally figured it out myself by running a test.
I also got the cargo to set correctly. Not sure why it did not when I first tried it.

Return to “General OpenTTD”