Server changes

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Server changes

Post by orudge »

I've made some internal server changes (moved from lighttpd to nginx, basically). This should hopefully mean you'll see some speedups (modern browsers will be able to connect via HTTP/2 now instead of HTTP/1.1, etc). If you spot anything that doesn't work, here or on tt-wiki, projects.tt-forums,net, qdb.tt-forums.net, etc, please let me know!
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Server changes

Post by SwissFan91 »

Thanks for everything you do behind the scenes Owen!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Further to this, the site has now been moved to a new server with a more powerful CPU, SSDs, etc, so hopefully the site should seem even faster. As usual, if anything seems wrong, just let me know!
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

projects.tt-forums.net is giving me a 502 Bad Gateway since the latest change. The software change didn't cause any problems. I am getting the error on all pages at that sub domain.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Sorry, it looks like there were some permission issues running the server needed for Redmine. I'm not sure why it worked on Thursday and then stopped now, but ah well...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I am no linger getting 502's for that site but I am getting 404's on the TTDPatch repository - may be an unrelated issue (we have seen it go up and down previously for no apparent reason).
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hm, it could be a permissions issue, I'm not too sure right now to be honest.

My preference to be honest would be to convert the TTDPatch SVN repository into a git repository. I've just created a TTDPatch organisation on github. My plan will then be to convert the SVN repository and push it up. At the moment I don't intend to try to move the bug cases, etc, across, but I'd point the "repository" feature at the github repository.

If you'd like to be added as a developer or admin of the TTDPatch project, let me know your username. :)

EDIT: See this topic for more details - please carry on the conversation there.

Return to “News”