Trying to fund a business sim game (not just transport)

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Virtuall1024
Engineer
Engineer

Trying to fund a business sim game (not just transport)

Post by Virtuall1024 »

Oh hi,

Hope I don't get banned for this, well at least I'm posting in an off-topic forum.

I made a prototype for Linux Game Jam, some people suggested I run a crowdfunding campaign to finish it, and so I just launched it.

I'm not sure where to promote this, but I remembered about you guys <3 and thought some of you might like the idea.

Here it is: https://igg.me/at/supply

Please throw any questions you have at me.
a.k.a. a sad dude

Achievement unlocked: log into tt-forums.net after 10 years of absence
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Trying to fund a business sim game (not just transport)

Post by Redirect Left »

Looks interesting, i've backed it with $10 :mrgreen:

"Your order ID is #1" yay, i'm #1 :p
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Virtuall1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Virtuall1024 »

Redirect Left wrote:Looks interesting, i've backed it with $10 :mrgreen:

"Your order ID is #1" yay, i'm #1 :p
Oh wow, thanks! Your contribution means a lot to me :)

No really, now I can't cancel the campaign as I planned to do when I wake up. Which means I get to continue.

Any ideas where I could promote this? I'd happily pay for an ad on tt-forums, but I'm not sure tt-forums runs ads.

Edit: wait, on the topic page it very much does. Guess I should message Owen.
a.k.a. a sad dude

Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I assume this is as ad as it gets. We use Google Ads for the rest, so I don't think orudge can control it much.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

From what I can tell, this is like Factorio with the Factorissimo mod? Might be useful to put a short gameplay video up for those who aren't aware.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Virtuall1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Virtuall1024 »

Drury wrote:From what I can tell, this is like Factorio with the Factorissimo mod? Might be useful to put a short gameplay video up for those who aren't aware.
I wish there was gameplay to show already. Or do you mean link to Factorio? :)

It's currently just the server and client and some resources. No gameplay whatsoever. I dare ask for money at this stage because I work much better when I owe someone :) that's also the reason I can't work on this fulltime - I already owe some other stuff too :lol:

Now to your question. Yes, the "building" part will be pretty much that, except there will be more stuff to do - not just producing stuff, but also selling, researching and so on. Then there is a map view where you get to transport stuff around and stalk customers. And maybe a stock market or something, although I'm not sure how deep that will go yet.
a.k.a. a sad dude

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Virtuall1024 wrote: No really, now I can't cancel the campaign as I planned to do when I wake up. Which means I get to continue.
Haha. Sorry :mrgreen:

I'll probably throw more at you later on after I see some screenshots / videos. It does sound really interesting, and if you need any help with it, let people here know. I'm sure we'd all be happy to talk ideas and other such.

I'm from Yorkshire, a county well known in England for being rather tight with our money, wild tigers wouldn't wrestle it out of us, so that's how much your idea inspired me :p
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Virtuall1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Virtuall1024 »

Redirect Left wrote:I'll probably throw more at you later on after I see some screenshots / videos. It does sound really interesting, and if you need any help with it, let people here know. I'm sure we'd all be happy to talk ideas and other such.
I'll try to get something working closer to the weekend and make some gameplay video too.

As for help, well I don't think I need any at the moment 8) graphics will probably remain simple enough for me to handle it and I think I have a grasp on how everything should work in the end.

But of course I'm always happy to hear any ideas or answer questions!
Redirect Left wrote:I'm from Yorkshire, a county well known in England for being rather tight with our money, wild tigers wouldn't wrestle it out of us, so that's how much your idea inspired me :p
I'm from Latvia, a country well known in England, but I'd rather not discuss exactly what for :D
a.k.a. a sad dude

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Virtuall1024 wrote:I'm from Latvia, a country well known in England, but I'd rather not discuss exactly what for :D
What's this Latvia you speak of? :?
Attachments
lv0jb6ju1zmy.jpg
lv0jb6ju1zmy.jpg (99.48 KiB) Viewed 548 times

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Virtuall1024 wrote: But of course I'm always happy to hear any ideas or answer questions!
I'll be sure to contribute whenever there are screenshots so i know what's already there and in the works!
Virtuall1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Virtuall1024 »

Redirect Left wrote:I'll be sure to contribute whenever there are screenshots so i know what's already there and in the works!
Oh hi! Sorry, still no screenshots, but I posted an update about where the development is going. Hope to have something to screenshot soon enough!
a.k.a. a sad dude

Virtuall1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Virtuall1024 »

Got this from the illustrator today.

Could probably use a little bit more detail, but overall that's exactly the style I had in mind when I gave up on the Mini Metro idea. And it didn't take long to make, which is important if we want hundreds of sprites - and we do.

What do you guys think?
a.k.a. a sad dude

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Looking good. Wouldn't focus on fidelity at this stage, you can improve the graphics later as you see fit.

-Drury
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Looks pretty good. I'd just do some basic sprites you can easily rework/enhance later on.

On another note, I hope that dodgy orange (what i assume is an) apple isn't going in the box of good ones :p

Return to “Off-Topic”