Mashinky

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Mashinky

Post by Drury »

trains can collide
, he states flatly without showcasing gratuitous destruction

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Redirect Left wrote:Just quick FYI, it is spelt 'tunnel' with two ns oddly you use both spellings in the image (but hopefully not ingame texts), may be worth spell checking things if you're not a native speaker. (Although don't worry, I've seen British people with worse ability)

other than that, looking good
It was late night, no one around :D but You are right:) better check it next time... Thanks
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Drury wrote:
trains can collide
:D It is not so spectacular as you imagine - two trains only detect collision, derail (rotate each wagon slightly sideways) and produce huge smoke particle for few seconds... SAdly nothing as cool as this game http://voxeltycoon.xyz/2016/07/14/explosives.html :D
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
Drury wrote:
trains can collide
:D It is not so spectacular as you imagine - two trains only detect collision, derail (rotate each wagon slightly sideways) and produce huge smoke particle for few seconds... SAdly nothing as cool as this game http://voxeltycoon.xyz/2016/07/14/explosives.html :D
Awe man, that would be kinda cool if that could be in OpenTTD or Maskinky, where trains explode violently though perhaps not tossing everything everywhere.

It be interesting if a flag could be set on wagons for OpenTTD or any other game that marks them as FLAMMABLE or EXPLOSIVE so that if they're involved in an accident, they'll create a large explosion and maybe toss some wagons around and take out some area around it (destroying track, town buildings, station facilities, etc). This way people would be a lot more wary about allowing accidents to happen.

I know that for example, an Oil unit train if that derails or has a collision like the 2013 Lac Megantic Explosion which took out a chunk of the town after a derailment which lead to a major fire that cause some of the tanks to explode violently. Its not unheard of hearing about tanks carrying oil or fuels like LPG/Propane exploding after being cooked in a fire for some time.

ANyways, I knows its a silly think to want in a game and more work then its worth, but it still would be cool.

Maybe if Mashinky could include support for running scripts that change in game behavior, perhaps someone could do that with a mod script.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Does this update also mean I should check the translations I submitted, Jan?
Dave

Post by Dave »

I just logged in to PO and your strings have gone - was I canned? *sad face* or did you remove them?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Dave wrote:I just logged in to PO and your strings have gone - was I canned? *sad face* or did you remove them?
Hyronymus wrote:Does this update also mean I should check the translations I submitted, Jan?
Don't worry guys:) I stopped POEditor since It costs some money and no one need it for some time, but I have all those strings and This week I am debugging steam version and than, I will create some UI for editing strings in-game so we can start second iteration of localisation ;)
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

NekoMaster wrote: Awe man, that would be kinda cool if that could be in OpenTTD or Maskinky, where trains explode violently though perhaps not tossing everything everywhere.
Yeah! Marked in ma todo list :).. since I can easily create craters and erase grass / buildings / plants, this could be doable :)) It is not highest prio atm, but some nice idea for the future update. And it adds new type of gameplay - the train derailed, I need to check surroundings within few seconds (stop trains heading close to the accident for example), because the train is going to explode in few secs. Or maybe some minigame with sending firefighter cistern train close to that place... http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FTE48B/tank-wa ... FTE48B.jpg
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

JanZeleny85 wrote:And it adds new type of gameplay - the train derailed, I need to check surroundings within few seconds (stop trains heading close to the accident for example), because the train is going to explode in few secs. Or maybe some minigame with sending firefighter cistern train close to that place... http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FTE48B/tank-wa ... FTE48B.jpg
why would you try to prevent a magnificent explosion though :?

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Drury wrote:
JanZeleny85 wrote:And it adds new type of gameplay - the train derailed, I need to check surroundings within few seconds (stop trains heading close to the accident for example), because the train is going to explode in few secs. Or maybe some minigame with sending firefighter cistern train close to that place... http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FTE48B/tank-wa ... FTE48B.jpg
Perhaps your trying to play seriously and don't want to nuke your town with a load of explosive or flammable cargo, causing another Lac-Megantic Disaster. :p
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

NekoMaster wrote:
Drury wrote:
Perhaps your trying to play seriously and don't want to nuke your town with a load of explosive or flammable cargo, causing another Lac-Megantic Disaster. :p
I am never more serious than when blowing things up in a videogame.

-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Drury wrote:I am never more serious than when blowing things up in a videogame.
:D ok, I was just thinking about additional gameplay possibilities, still it would be up to you if you safe some lives, or move there even more cistern trains near by...
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Hello guys,

I was hoping to be able to announce release date already and therefore I was postponing this report as much as possible.

But, to be honest, after getting more and more feedback and after discussion with professionals, I've realised that I have only one chance to excite you and I have to be sure I don't miss it.

Each day few things are being fixed, improved, added and there are few clever guys helping me to bring this game to life as well as many testers giving me feedback on a daily basis. And they also bring new hardware combinations where Mashinky has never been tested before.

The thing I am confident with is the direction we are going and it only needs time.

And that's what I want to ask you for.

The game could be good enough for Early Access (2 eras full of industries, towns, scripted challenges and many different trains, upgrades, possibilities), but it is not good enought for my confidence and I cannot ask money for this game until I am sure about the current state.

I will not do any other rough estimates about release date, I will keep focus on polishing all crucial features to the maximum and start Early Access as soon as I've got enough confidence.

Thank you for patience and I will do my best to not disappoint you.

Jan

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

No that's totally cool with me at least, games get delayed all the time. In fact I take it as a sign of competent publishing, deadlines are just an incentive and merely cursory.

I do look forward to it still.

-Drury
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm still really looking forward to it, anyway!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Keep doing what you do. It is evident that you are skilled. Any decision you make, I will support. You delaying the game means that it is the right thing to do :)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Guys, thanks a lot for these answers. To be honest, I was kind of scared announcing delay, but amount of support is incredible.

I cooperate with skilled scripter and he is in charge of making random scripted events. We've already added approx. 15 "quests" and it is a lot of fun to play ;) .. Delaying EA means not only stabilise the build, but mainly adding more content like this and balance the game.

I hope to release it soon anyway:)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

On a slightly unrelated note, did you get anywhere with my profile picture that you planned to include? :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

I have it still on my todo list, there were too many urgent things... but do not worry, it is the first thing visible on my trello page, since I don't have many other pictures there. So it is like every day reminder :))
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Guys, this time I will hopefully be the first one who send it here:)
New status report of Mashinky development is finally here!
- I started cooperation with skilled scripter and therefore we have aproximatelly 36 scripted events in game.
- There are not so many new features, since I focused mainly on bugfixing, but at least the game has better script support including new on-screen quests summary and there is also first "hardcore" feature, where trains do not turn around at the end of a track, but they have to go on reverse and you need to turn around them somewhere, build circle endless track, buy second tail engine or just accept lower speed when go on reverse. It is optional, but could bring new challenges.

Jan

Czech: http://www.mashinky.com/reports/report1704cz.jpg
Russian: http://www.mashinky.com/reports/report1704ru.jpg

Return to “Off-Topic”