What Loco soundtrack don't have copyright?

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

LHTN
Engineer
Engineer

What Loco soundtrack don't have copyright?

Post by LHTN »

I know that this topic is not the most advisable for what I'm going to ask, but I do not know in which part this would be more viable, what are the locomotion soundtrack's that do not have copyright?
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: What Loco soundtrack don't have copyright?

Post by Greyfox »

I would imagine that the game and it's soundtracks are copyrighted. Most games are that I know of. You need to be careful if you are considering using data elsewhere without the owners permission, in fact, it's best left alone.

Just friendly advice.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Anything for your own personal use is usually fine, but distributing any works with copy writed material added is a no no, at best it'll just get your stuff removed from websites, at worst using copywrited content can land you with legal issues.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

LHTN wrote:I know that this topic is not the most advisable for what I'm going to ask, but I do not know in which part this would be more viable, what are the locomotion soundtrack's that do not have copyright?
The copy of the original handbook that was supplied with the game in the credits section list the composer as Allister Brimble, so you can either approach him through email and ask him a question regarding what you wish to do and ask his permission, but since Allister is credited as "sound and music" then copyright will be between himself and Atari and/or it's successors depending upon the original agreement between himself and them on the issue.

Either way whatever you do I would not let others know what you have done without some form of understanding of how people treat Copyright Law and DMCA Notices especially as the sales of this game are still active through download platforms.

ps Never assume that the publishers don't monitor sites like this for unauthorised "modifications" to their software releases, while title to software is normally abandoned after 21 years from the date of it's release, that is not set in stone

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”