JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Wahazar »

May I ask for simple feature: 'wallet' deposit, where I can send 100kGPB (or all by ctrl) from main account, or back?
Deposited money would not be used for current expenses, unless transferred back to the current account.

In case of hard basecosts settings it is a nightmare, to drain all water from ocean and money from account by one mouse slippery movement.
It is also impossible to saving money and protect them against automatic renew of expensive vehicles, without switching whole renew off.
Above proposed feature would solve such issues.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:May I ask for simple feature: 'wallet' deposit, where I can send 100kGPB (or all by ctrl) from main account, or back?
Deposited money would not be used for current expenses, unless transferred back to the current account.

In case of hard basecosts settings it is a nightmare, to drain all water from ocean and money from account by one mouse slippery movement.
It is also impossible to saving money and protect them against automatic renew of expensive vehicles, without switching whole renew off.
Above proposed feature would solve such issues.
I'm not really sure about the benefit/cost of implementing this to be honest. It seems a bit out of scope compared to other features which have been requested or could be developed.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
jil8885
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jil8885 »

Is there any JGR pack for Android? I want to play jgr pack a lot, but I can't find any apk file based on JGR pack. Or is there any pre-patched pack for android?
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
jil8885 wrote:Is there any JGR pack for Android?
No, there isn't.

Tschö, Auge
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Bug found, JGR v0.16.0

I tested this on a completely fresh install of jgr v0.16.0, no newgrfs or personal config file...
This used to work as expected on v0.14.0

-----

Train 1 visits 2 stations and is then ordered to stop in the nearest depot. It enters the depot but then leaves immediately.

Train 2 on an identical track layout is ordered to stop in a specific depot. This it does as expected.
Attachments
Nostoptrains.sav
(25.15 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
3iff wrote:Bug found, JGR v0.16.0

I tested this on a completely fresh install of jgr v0.16.0, no newgrfs or personal config file...

-----

Train 1 visits 2 stations and is then ordered to stop in the nearest depot. It enters the depot but then leaves immediately.

Train 2 on an identical track layout is ordered to stop in a specific depot. This it does as expected.
You echoes yourself, don't you? ;-)

Tschö, Auge
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

3iff wrote:Bug found, JGR v0.16.0

-----

Thanks for the savegame, this is now fixed and will be in the next release.
This was related to the timetabled wait in depot and timetable automation mechanisms.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

Hi JGR. First of all thank you for all your work you did and still do on this patchpack. It's simply great and I really appreciate it! However I gathered a small list of questions/issues which I want to propound here to you.

1. Names of vehicle groups are ordered like text strings in the list. If you have many groups of identical names distinguished just by numbers, it's ordered like this: XYZ 1, XYZ 10, XYZ 11 .... XYZ 2, XYZ 20, XYZ 21 etc. Could it be possible to order it by numbers?
2. Is it possible to overpass limit of 5000 vehicles of one kind (road, ships...)? When you play just with horse carriages and sailing ships for a long time you inevitably hit this limit earlier or later. Eventually when trains and engines arrive the number or road vehicles goes down rapidly.
3. Repairing costs patch. When an old vehicle stops in depot and is automaticly replaced with a new one you are charged for both, repairing cost of the old vehicle and purchase price of the new one. Is really necessary to repair it before selling it to scrap? :)
4. Some stations have suspiciously bad rating comparing to another ones (passenger stations in most cases) although they are serviced regularly. There are hundreds and thousands of passengers waiting for their transport in many of my stations, but these ones are nearly empty. See the savegame.

Thank you for your interest.
Attachments
Armstrong's Vehicles, 08-02-1780.sav
(7.29 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

vazoun51 wrote:Hi JGR. First of all thank you for all your work you did and still do on this patchpack. It's simply great and I really appreciate it! However I gathered a small list of questions/issues which I want to propound here to you.

1. Names of vehicle groups are ordered like text strings in the list. If you have many groups of identical names distinguished just by numbers, it's ordered like this: XYZ 1, XYZ 10, XYZ 11 .... XYZ 2, XYZ 20, XYZ 21 etc. Could it be possible to order it by numbers?
2. Is it possible to overpass limit of 5000 vehicles of one kind (road, ships...)? When you play just with horse carriages and sailing ships for a long time you inevitably hit this limit earlier or later. Eventually when trains and engines arrive the number or road vehicles goes down rapidly.
3. Repairing costs patch. When an old vehicle stops in depot and is automaticly replaced with a new one you are charged for both, repairing cost of the old vehicle and purchase price of the new one. Is really necessary to repair it before selling it to scrap? :)
4. Some stations have suspiciously bad rating comparing to another ones (passenger stations in most cases) although they are serviced regularly. There are hundreds and thousands of passengers waiting for their transport in many of my stations, but these ones are nearly empty. See the savegame.

Thank you for your interest.

4) If playing with cargodist the ratings are linked too... if one station has bad rating, all other stations that are linked with same cargo type (pass?) go down too.
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

I have never experienced something like that. Maybe with some NewGRF? Rating is solely dependent on servicing of given station and disasters which happen nearby. Nevertheless, that's not the case. See the savegame.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

vazoun51 wrote:I have never experienced something like that. Maybe with some NewGRF? Rating is solely dependent on servicing of given station and disasters which happen nearby.
From version 1.4.1, transfer stations also should have a cargo rating. Cargodist works like kind of implicit transfer.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

McZapkie wrote:
vazoun51 wrote:I have never experienced something like that. Maybe with some NewGRF? Rating is solely dependent on servicing of given station and disasters which happen nearby.
From version 1.4.1, transfer stations also should have a cargo rating. Cargodist works like kind of implicit transfer.
Truly said, I don't know exactly what does it mean, but I think it cannot explain that bad rating. The station in question is not just transfer station, people can begin and finish their travel there.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

vazoun51 wrote: Truly said, I don't know exactly what does it mean, but I think it cannot explain that bad rating. The station in question is not just transfer station, people can begin and finish their travel there.
Open cargo flow legend, switch all companies and passengers on, you can see red link between Shady Falls Hotel S and Shady Falls - lot of peoples, transported by ships from Boneyard Hotel Z, are waiting for further transfer,
that explains your bad rating in Boneyard. There is no matter if you have or not explicit transfer orders, station rating depend on congestion in all intermediate stations until final destination of a given passenger group. It is standard openttd behaviour since 1.4.1 and is not related with this patch pack.

Back to the topic. Your suggestion of removing repair payment in case of engine replacement is worth to consider. Sometimes there are old vehicles stalled at exhausted mine, such vehicles with 0% reliability would drain a lot of money from unnecessary repair, then sent to scrap.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

What about repair payment depends of % repaired too? Using max reliability of train repaired and the difference of % repaired and max? Now It's a function of % of price only isn't? I know it make more complex, but more real if playing with higher repair costs it could add an interesting difficulty to the game (even late game).

And a Go to Depot order (or the vehicle window order to Depot) should not cost anything I think it's a nice idea too if it's possible. Only the maintence or splicit ordet to maintence should cost.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

JGR wrote: I'm not really sure about the benefit/cost of implementing this to be honest. It seems a bit out of scope compared to other features which have been requested or could be developed.
OK. and what about cost of fixing purchase of company shares?
These also would be a good method of protecting part of company funds, but usually are switched off due to unfair issue: you can purchase shares for 1$ each and sell them for millions, because only condition is to check against company age (in case of difficult settings, 6 years old companies still have negative company value).

I propose to disable share purchasing, if company value is below maximal loan setting, economy.cpp code:

Code: Select all

if ((_cur_year - c->inaugurated_year < 6) || (c->company_value>_economy.max_loan)) return_cmd_error(STR_ERROR_PROTECTED); 
(maybe rounding of company value is necessary for protecting against desync?)

Other remarks:
1. signals on bridges/tunnels doesn't count into infrastructure maintenance costs.
2. I have a blue (?) instead of measurement icon, is it my fault, or a common issue?
vazoun51
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vazoun51 »

McZapkie wrote: Open cargo flow legend, switch all companies and passengers on, you can see red link between Shady Falls Hotel S and Shady Falls - lot of peoples, transported by ships from Boneyard Hotel Z, are waiting for further transfer,
that explains your bad rating in Boneyard. There is no matter if you have or not explicit transfer orders, station rating depend on congestion in all intermediate stations until final destination of a given passenger group. It is standard openttd behaviour since 1.4.1 and is not related with this patch pack.
Understood. I know what cargodest is and how it works. I know it's part of OpenTTD since 1.4.1 and how it behave normally. I know it's not related to this patchpack, but I can't post it elsewhere since I play the patchpack and not the official version. I do not post much, but I read the forum carefully.
But I still can't comprehend why rating of these stations waver between 15 and 55% in a few years when there are many similarly serviced stations scattered all over the map which don't show this kind of behavior. My ships travel half-empty because of that bad rating. In most cases you have insufficient capacity for passengers with many thousands of them awaiting their travel and not reversely. One more savegame attached.
And what about my other questions?
Attachments
Armstrong's Vehicles, 08-05-1786.sav
(7.34 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

vazoun51 wrote:Hi JGR. First of all thank you for all your work you did and still do on this patchpack. It's simply great and I really appreciate it! However I gathered a small list of questions/issues which I want to propound here to you.

I can look into these at some point.
vazoun51 wrote:3. Repairing costs patch. When an old vehicle stops in depot and is automaticly replaced with a new one you are charged for both, repairing cost of the old vehicle and purchase price of the new one. Is really necessary to repair it before selling it to scrap? :)
This seems like a bug to me, I'll see about sorting this out.
vazoun51 wrote:4. Some stations have suspiciously bad rating comparing to another ones (passenger stations in most cases) although they are serviced regularly. There are hundreds and thousands of passengers waiting for their transport in many of my stations, but these ones are nearly empty. See the savegame.
You have oversaturated links with large backlogs of waiting cargo, hence your rating at those stations for the cargo in question is poor.
vazoun51 wrote:But I still can't comprehend why rating of these stations waver between 15 and 55% in a few years when there are many similarly serviced stations scattered all over the map which don't show this kind of behavior. My ships travel half-empty because of that bad rating. In most cases you have insufficient capacity for passengers with many thousands of them awaiting their travel and not reversely. One more savegame attached.
In the ship link indicated in your last savegame, your ships run half empty because your road vehicle links to the docks are insufficient, such that you have cargo waiting to use the ship link which has accumulated in the other stations.
McZapkie wrote:OK. and what about cost of fixing purchase of company shares?
These also would be a good method of protecting part of company funds, but usually are switched off due to unfair issue: you can purchase shares for 1$ each and sell them for millions, because only condition is to check against company age (in case of difficult settings, 6 years old companies still have negative company value).

I propose to disable share purchasing, if company value is below maximal loan setting, economy.cpp code:

Code: Select all

if ((_cur_year - c->inaugurated_year < 6) || (c->company_value>_economy.max_loan)) return_cmd_error(STR_ERROR_PROTECTED); 
(maybe rounding of company value is necessary for protecting against desync?)
Is this really a problem that needs "fixing"?
McZapkie wrote:1. signals on bridges/tunnels doesn't count into infrastructure maintenance costs.
I can see about adding that at some point.
McZapkie wrote:2. I have a blue (?) instead of measurement icon, is it my fault, or a common issue?
That is the icon which is used for the measurement functionality in the landscape toolbar.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

BTW, I decreased repair costs to 1, but instead I get huge repair costs, twice as new vehicle value.
Probably a bug, I noticed in vehicle.cpp, that repair cost is divided, instead of multiplied.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:BTW, I decreased repair costs to 1, but instead I get huge repair costs, twice as new vehicle value.
Probably a bug, I noticed in vehicle.cpp, that repair cost is divided, instead of multiplied.
Yes that's right. The setting text indicates a fraction, hence decreasing the denominator increases the resulting value. I can see about lengthening the explanatory text.
The issue of repair costs being applied when replacing the vehicle will be fixed in future.

Edit:
These are both done and should be in the next release.

Edit 2:
vazoun51 wrote:1. Names of vehicle groups are ordered like text strings in the list. If you have many groups of identical names distinguished just by numbers, it's ordered like this: XYZ 1, XYZ 10, XYZ 11 .... XYZ 2, XYZ 20, XYZ 21 etc. Could it be possible to order it by numbers?
It seems that this is implemented using ICU, and the Windows binaries are built without that. I can see about adding it to the Windows builds if it's not too much uphill work.
vazoun51 wrote:2. Is it possible to overpass limit of 5000 vehicles of one kind (road, ships...)? When you play just with horse carriages and sailing ships for a long time you inevitably hit this limit earlier or later. Eventually when trains and engines arrive the number or road vehicles goes down rapidly.
I've bumped it to 10k, the hard limit of the number of vehicles/vehicle parts still exists though.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Botond P
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Botond P »

Hi, is there any way I can get this wonderful patch pack working on linux without compiling? (for example a .deb would be great, I'm running Ubuntu 16.04)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”