(OTTD) - USA

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Myfineshrine
Engineer
Engineer

(OTTD) - USA

Post by Myfineshrine »

Hello again!

My third scenario is out now! After creating maps with Europe and Australia i worked hard to generate a realistic map of the USA.

You need OpenTTD 0.7.0 Beta1 or Nightlyversion R15298 or higher to play the scenario!!
Some more details:
- Created with: OTTD R15298
- Required versions: OTTD 0.7.0 Beta1 or OTTD R15298 or higher!!
- Climate: Arctic
- Map Size : 2048x2048 tiles
- Number of towns: 362
- Starting year: 1920
- Snow: Level 7 and higher
- Currency: US-Dollar
- Road traffic: right
- Signs: almost 100, to identify some very high or remarkable mountains and waterbodies. Rivers are not marked.

A few days ago i spend it for download in the german tt-forums. Using the new possibillities OpenTTD 0.7.0 Beta2 and the lastest nightly-versions are offering to us, i decided to upload one version of the scenario to BaNaNaS, also. So there is an easy way to get this version via content-download!
Nevertheless i realized 4 versions of the scenario, all can be found following the link below the details:

Version 1 (USA_Version1_standcity_ECSind.scn)not
This version uses 7 ECS-industrie-grf made by George, precisely the ECS vectors v1 beta 5. I used agricultural-, basic-, chemical-, construction-, houses-, machinery- and wood-vectors, NOT the town-vectors.

Version 2 (USA_Version2_standcity_standind.scn)
This version doesn´t need any grf after starting it.
THIS VERSION IS AVAILABLE VIA CONTENT-DOWNLOAD!!!

Version 3 (USA_Version3_NAcity_ECSind.scn)
This version uses 7 ECS-industrie-grf made by George, precisely the ECS vectors v1 beta 5. I used agricultural-, basic-, chemical-, construction-, houses-, machinery- and wood-vectors, NOT the town-vectors.
The NACityw.grf is also needed!

Version 4 (USA_Version4_NAcity_standind.scn)
This version only needs the NACityw.grf

So here are the 4 versions:

http://www.tt-ms.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=3959

The grf needed for version 1, 3 and 4 can easily be found here:

http://george.zernebok.net/newgrf/downloads.html
http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/details ... ils&id=202

Here´s the link to BaNaNaS` scenario-downloadsection:
http://bananas.openttd.org/en/scenario/

One of these several versions of the USA (version 2) is available via content-download now, i uploaded it to BaNaNaS a few days ago. But this version is still existing via the link i gave in this post here.
Australia and Europe are out now also; via content-download, too.

If you have any problems while starting these scenarios, please contact me!
The following screenshots use some grf i added for personal gaming, but i think the pictures give you some good impressions how the map is designed.
There are more screenshots if you´re willing to follow the first link to download the scenario.
Enjoy the game!

Greetings,

Myfineshrine
Attachments
An den Großen Seen.png
(445.74 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Idaho - Wyoming.png
(601.78 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
USA - Rocky Mountains.png
(306.84 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Last edited by Myfineshrine on 14 Mar 2009 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OTTD) - USA

Post by Benny »

Daaaamn! That is a beautiful map! =D
I'll have a go with it right away.

Edit: What grf is those water edges/rivers? Here they show up like water with no edges. I am playing version 3 btw.

Edit2: Found it in my newgrf list. It was the OpenGFX_NewWaterFeatures.grf
And btw: This scenario fits best with NARS or US Train set and OpenGFX Terrain and Newwaterfeatures. =)
trainmaster611
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainmaster611 »

@Shrine: this looks great so far! Did you base it off of the heightmap? I appreciate all the work you've put into this :P

@Benny: where did you get the OpenGFX_NewWaterFeatures.grf? I can't seem to find a download for it (as an individual GRF versus the whole OpenGFX package).
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

From the OpenTTDcoop grf pack I think. :)
Myfineshrine
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Myfineshrine »

@ trainmaster611:

No, there was no heightmap i used. The whole map is the result of manual work over 3 or 4 weeks. I used an atlas-map and drew the coastlines, the mountains, the rivers by hand.

Heightmaps could be really detailed, but i dislike the fact that scenarios based on heightmaps never point north on computer-screen. North always would be northeast or northwest for your eyes. You know what i mean?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Heightmaps pointing north can easily be created by rotating the heightmap 45 degrees yourself before loading it in OpenTTD. That way the two 45 degree rotations cancel eachother out.
twosixdelta
Engineer
Engineer

Post by twosixdelta »

I'm having issues with the map, can anyone help? I've tried everything I can think of and this hasn't happened with any other scenarios I've tried in the past.

When I open the scenario (using version 2, standard cities/industries) it opens fine but I can't build anything but roads. The option for anything rail, air or boat related are grayed out and under road vehicles I can only build roads and not any road transport related structures - no depots, stations, etc. Is there a setting I have missed somewhere that I need to adjust or did something possibly happen in the intervening 7+ years of development of the OpenTTD engine that might have caused this?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as I really want to try out this map.

Thanks
Attachments
Screen shot of my grayed out construction options
Screen shot of my grayed out construction options
TTDSC.jpg (156.85 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

twosixdelta wrote:I'm having issues with the map, can anyone help? I've tried everything I can think of and this hasn't happened with any other scenarios I've tried in the past.

When I open the scenario (using version 2, standard cities/industries) it opens fine but I can't build anything but roads. The option for anything rail, air or boat related are grayed out and under road vehicles I can only build roads and not any road transport related structures - no depots, stations, etc. Is there a setting I have missed somewhere that I need to adjust or did something possibly happen in the intervening 7+ years of development of the OpenTTD engine that might have caused this?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as I really want to try out this map.

Thanks
its possible that you have no vehicle grf's loaded for the date the scenario starts. You may have to enable "scenario_devoloper" in your OpenTTD.cfg to allow you change newgrf's in a scenario.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
twosixdelta
Engineer
Engineer

Post by twosixdelta »

NekoMaster wrote: You may have to enable "scenario_devoloper" in your OpenTTD.cfg to allow you change newgrf's in a scenario.

YES! That was exactly the tiny bit of info I needed! Thanks for the unbelievably quick and accurate reply on an 8 year old forum topic! You have made my day!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

twosixdelta wrote:
NekoMaster wrote: You may have to enable "scenario_devoloper" in your OpenTTD.cfg to allow you change newgrf's in a scenario.

YES! That was exactly the tiny bit of info I needed! Thanks for the unbelievably quick and accurate reply on an 8 year old forum topic! You have made my day!
Really shouldn't be posting on such an old thread, but I had nothing better to do. I just happen to browse the forums frequently these days and saw your post wondering who resurrected the USA scenario thread.

Anyways, I'm glad my tip helped. if anything, I almost never stick with the default GRF's in scenarios entirely, I usually add my own vehicles and station grfs
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The only reason you shouldn't be posting on an old thread is if you don't have anything new to add.

Obviously, fixing an old scenario means you're adding new content that's actually useful.

The reason why this scenario is broken is because it was created back before there were restrictions on adding NewGRFs to scenarios.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:The only reason you shouldn't be posting on an old thread is if you don't have anything new to add.

Obviously, fixing an old scenario means you're adding new content that's actually useful.

The reason why this scenario is broken is because it was created back before there were restrictions on adding NewGRFs to scenarios.
If anything I think a new updated USA/North America Scenario should be made with minimal grfs for that north american feel (Like Total Town Renewal, American Road Set, NARS 2.5, etc)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If one were to want to update, best thing to do would be to add OpenGFX+Trains and OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles, and leave it at that.
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

I've been playing my 491-year-old build of this scenario on and off for nearly 2 years now. I'm attaching my latest saved game of it..I had to score 2 of its NewGRFs (the town set and train station kit) from the zip file 'ottdc_grfpack_8.0' @ http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/grfpack/releases/8.0/ the pack, because neither one of them's available in the content downloader..I wish it delight you as much as its scenario has delighted me!

It would really fascinate me were other members to lob saves of their builds of scenarios I myself try out for me to nosily explore, it truly would!!

Here's a clip of its traffic map:

[youtube]-hPqjHh6ads[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/-hPqjHh6ads
trainrover wrote:Jonction capitale:

[youtube]SOqqPHcBLA0[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/SOqqPHcBLA0

Capital junction:

[youtube]ZXO3-cgZJws[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/ZXO3-cgZJws
^^^ viewtopic.php?p=1191254&sid=ac7a57ef3e4 ... c#p1191254
Attachments
Voyageur Continental, 2nd Nov 2411.sav
(5.77 MiB) Downloaded 261 times
heycitizen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by heycitizen »

Here is a version without all the industries.
Attachments
USA - Cleaned.scn
(4.06 MiB) Downloaded 270 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Cannot comprehend the rationale at starting fresh games when I've barely scratched the surface on old ones .. much time spent at cleaning a mere fraction of this oldie...

download/file.php?mode=view&id=228841
Attachments
Voyageur Continental, 16th Sep 2776.sav
(8.03 MiB) Downloaded 21 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”