(OTTD) TES III : Morrowind, Islands of Vvardenfell and Solstheim Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

(OTTD) TES III : Morrowind, Islands of Vvardenfell and Solstheim Scenario

Post by NekoMaster »

TES III MORROWIND

(Download is at the bottom of this post!)

Welcome to Morrowind, or more specifically, the Islands of Vvardenfell and Solstheim to the North East.

The Year is 1935, or the 35th Year of the 19th Era (19E35)

Its been ages since the events of Morrowind as well as the devastating eruption of Red Mountain after the "Ministry of Truth"
crashed into Vivec setting off the volcano that dominates the landscape of Vvardenfell.

Since then life has slowly returned to the wastelands of Vvardenfell allowing for civilization to return to the island to be
welcomed by abundant greenery growing from the fertile ash that ones dominated the island.

It is your job to provide transportation for the people and goods on and around Vvardenfell and its neighbour to the north, Solstheim.

It won't be an easy task what with how small and rough Vvardenfell and Solstheim are, but at least you won't have to worry about
annoying Cliff Racers or Nix Hounds, they're long gone by now. It may also help that the existing roads of Morrowind have
been paved over some time ago, allowing for a new company to get an easy start transporting goods by road.

Good luck and have fun!

RULES

Normally I don't make rules for my scenarios but theres a few things I wanted to point out.

Try not to terraform too much, you'll make the game too easy if you flatten every hill, mountain, and ridge.

Treat Vivec with respect as the council there probably dislikes any changes. That means you probably shouldn't edit the city at all aside from
building and demolishing stops in the city.

I would also like to point out that a few places are defined by Landscape Objects like the banks of the River Odai flowing through Balmora, or the
sides of Dunmer Strongholds, for cosmetic reasons its probably a good idea to leave that all alone (or at least replace parts if you need to build something)

SCREEN SHOTS

Minimap (Industry Version)
[+] Spoiler
Balmora
[+] Spoiler
Caldera
[+] Spoiler
Vivec
[+] Spoiler
Laka Amaya/Pelagiad
[+] Spoiler
Sheogorad Region/Northern Ashlands
[+] Spoiler
Zafirbel Bay (Sadrith Mora/Wolvering Hall Area)/Grazelands
[+] Spoiler

DOWNLOAD

~ AVAILABLE ONLINE VIA BANANAS ONLINE CONTENT DOWNLOADER! ~

(Just place the .tar file into your scenario folder inside "My Documents/OpenTTD/Scenario")

NO INDUSTRY VERSION (Make your own setup or play with passenger/mail only)
DROPBOX LINK : Version 1.02 Download

FULL VERSION WITH INDUSTRY
DROPBOX LINK : Version 2.01 Download

+ Fixed issue with new GRFs refusing to load (was due to using nightly versions of GRF's when uploading Scenario)
Last edited by NekoMaster on 06 Jan 2017 19:04, edited 3 times in total.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: (OTTD) TES III : Morrowind, Islands of Vvardenfell and Solstheim Scenario

Post by NekoMaster »

Uploaded and linked to the Full version with industry (and a couple of changes over the non-industry version)

The version with Industry will be the one I update and fix if anyone has any issues. AS for the non-industry version, I assume players can fix any errors or discrepancies on their own (as there won't be any industry in the way or to replace if things get moved around)

I hope people enjoy the map and have fun playing around on Vvardenfell and Solstheim.

Now I think I'll go off an make another scenario to mess around with, perhaps based on the world (or worlds) of another game I enjoy and hold dearly, Phantasy Star 4.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

VERY nice!

Although I might've picked desert/jungle, but that's easy to say now. ^^
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

This looks good, I shall give it a go, and try and keep to as many of your rules as possible! :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Okay, so despite having all of the NewGRFs, the scenario doesn't seem to register them, any ideas why?
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1935.png
(84.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pilot wrote:This looks good, I shall give it a go, and try and keep to as many of your rules as possible! :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Okay, so despite having all of the NewGRFs, the scenario doesn't seem to register them, any ideas why?
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1935.png
Must be because I was using nightly versions of those GRF's at the time and they're coded so as not to allow older (stable?) versions to load to prevent issues.

I guess I should go into the scenario editor and replace those with currently available stable grfs from the online content downloader.

I always thought something stupid would happen if I used nightly versions of GRF's in my scenarios but this time I got lazy and let it slide and my assumptions where true.

In the future I'll just stick to a minimal amount of GRF's downloaded from Online Content Downloader to make things easy for everyone.

EDIT!

Fixed the issue with GRFs!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NekoMaster wrote:EDIT!

This is brilliant news! Shall be giving the Scenario a go shortly :)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pilot wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:EDIT!

This is brilliant news! Shall be giving the Scenario a go shortly :)
I hope you enjoy, with all those roads Vvardenfell has, it shouldn't be to hard to start a new company by transporting goods and people by road.

You could also try making your own coastal shipping routes like Morrowind had.

I also found while playing with Viviec that making a water transit around viviec, serving every canton made a decent amount of money with ferries or small utility boats.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”