The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Drury »

hey, my favorite mod has returned

here's a Tesla predicting a humanly unpredictable accident so that no accidents may ever happen in the (hopefully) near future

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Drury wrote:hey, my favorite mod has returned
I passed that point a while ago. But yeah, I left some impressions here and there.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Drury wrote:hey, my favorite mod has returned

here's a Tesla predicting a humanly unpredictable accident so that no accidents may ever happen in the (hopefully) near future
A human would not have reacted as quickly but would surely be able to stop in time before crashing into those two. Still, very impressive of the radar to spot the slow (or parked?) car in the fastlane. Definitely makes for safer journeys. These systems are arguably far safer than humans already today.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Today I came across the most lacklustre Christmas decorations...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Redirect Left wrote:Today I came across the most lacklustre Christmas decorations...
That has to be a joke, some funny person or employee thought it might be a bit more festive to throw some santa hats on that sign.

Either way, it made me chuckle :P
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

So, whilst looking through the forums today, I came across two (one must assume now banned) users called tarag_23, and ttdx_artist.

I must admit, I found it all rather amusing, in particular, this topic. Thanks for laugh! Brightened up my day no end; hope it does the same for some of you guys!

Don't ask how I can across it, as even I don't know! :lol:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote: I must admit, I found it all rather amusing, in particular, this topic. Thanks for laugh! Brightened up my day no end; hope it does the same for some of you guys!
Can't be any more funny than the dear Alan Fry! He had some right genius ideas for fixing everything!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Pilot wrote:So, whilst looking through the forums today, I came across two (one must assume now banned) users called tarag_23, and ttdx_artist.
Oh goodness me, the username "ttdx_artist" rings a bell, but not a good one...
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:Can't be any more funny than the dear Alan Fry! He had some right genius ideas for fixing everything!
Ahhh, Alan Fry, boy do I miss him! He even got a mention at the last forum meet IIRC.
orudge wrote:Oh goodness me, the username "ttdx_artist" rings a bell, but not a good one...
Yep, I don't imagine it would be the best of memories for you, looks like they were one right pain in the backside :lol:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Oh gosh. Some old names in there.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Man, sometimes its interesting to see all this really old stuff, and members that have been around for ages now. I mean come this August I'll have been around for 9 years now, but thats nothing compared to people that have been around since 2002-2003.

Back in those days I didn't even have a computer, much less access to one and the internet, I would have only been 10-11 years old around 2002-2003 (being born in 1992 and all)
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NekoMaster wrote:Man, sometimes its interesting to see all this really old stuff, and members that have been around for ages now. I mean come this August I'll have been around for 9 years now, but thats nothing compared to people that have been around since 2002-2003.

Back in those days I didn't even have a computer, much less access to one and the internet, I would have only been 10-11 years old around 2002-2003 (being born in 1992 and all)
I shall have been around here for 7 years by August, whilst in 2002/3 I would have 5/6, rather young to have been on the internet :lol: I do like reading the old stuff though, some of it can be rather amusing!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Good grief, my join date "Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005"
I forget how long i've been here. In Jan 2005, I would have been... 15, and trust me, it shows in my older posts :p
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Redirect Left wrote:Good grief, my join date "Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005"
I forget how long i've been here. In Jan 2005, I would have been... 15, and trust me, it shows in my older posts :p
I wasn't much older when I joined in 2008, I was still in highschool and I was 16 when I joined.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

im 12 and what is this

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Drury wrote:im 12 and what is this
YOu can't be 12, if your 12, that means you where 7-8 years old when you joined in 2008.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NekoMaster wrote:
Drury wrote:im 12 and what is this
YOu can't be 12, if your 12, that means you where 7-8 years old when you joined in 2008.
Your maths is a little out. If he's 12 now, and joined in 2008, that would have made him 3/4 years old.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I was old when I joined these forums and being involved and keeping active makes me feel years younger :D
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

GarryG wrote:I was old when I joined these forums and being involved and keeping active makes me feel years younger :D
Well its nice to see some older people around, showing that OpenTTD and these forums are suitable for all ages :D

Even more, its nice to see more people making content for openttd, and for Australian stuff, which hasn't seen much love compared to Japan, Canada, USA, UK, and Russia.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I was 15 when I co-founded the forums with Matt, and 13 when I started the owenrudge.co.uk forums that formed half of the original TT-Forums (and indeed when I started my TT web site, a web site that looked somewhat like this).

Said forum was a bit quiet in early-2001, with a grand total of 8 topics. You can still read them here, should you wish to!

Digging around the archive has also reminded me of this fantastic site, The Transport Tycoon Semi-FAQ (unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get to the 'live' site, maybe it's not up any more). I spent many hours poring over that site; it was a very interesting and comprehensive site as I recall.

Hmm, I quite fancy a game of OpenTTD now. If only I had the time!

Also, I thought I'd check the memberlist to see if anyone's near to beating my post count. It looks like Dave is the one to watch out for, as he has an average of 4.19 posts per day, versus my 4.06 posts per day.

So an extra 0.13 posts per day, and Dave needs to make 6,755 posts to make up the difference. 51,961 days... 142 years... OK, maybe I don't need to be worried, assuming we both keep posting at the same rate!

Return to “Off-Topic”