The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Chrill »

Chris wrote:Yep it really sucks you in!
[+] Spoiler
I knew right from the off that Peter MacLeish was evil - hes just got that weird evil guy look
[+] Spoiler
I think you're wrong, though. They've wanted us to think he's evil but I think he is just like Atwood. He's pressured to do the things he does.

Also, surely the wife of Kirkman was the one who took the bullet.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've much not been in a mood to watch a lot of TV. I'm still behind on last season's shows.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm so very proud of my fellow Swedes tonight. This week every year, the Swedish Radio air a 144 hour continuous broadcast (6 days) on radio with the same 3 hosts to collect money for a "forgotten humanitarian cause". This year, the cause was "Children in war has the right to education".

The hosts sleep in shifts of 6 hours per day and are on air for 18 hours per day (which means at least 2 people are always broadcasting while a third is resting). They do it from a glass cage placed on a square in a Swedish city. This year, we brought in just over 49 million Swedish kronor which translates to $5.3 million or £4.2 million. Now keep in mind there are only 9 million people in this country. Wow.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Figured out how to get rid of the cats when they're annoying me.
Print something! Discovered earlier whilst printing a reference sheet for the rail station, as soon as the printer fires up, both of the cats scarper outside. :lol:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Good luck to you, when my printer kicks into gear both of them sit watching it, then wait until it pops out and attack what I've printed.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Probably because you aren't buying maker-approved ink, instead going for the cheaper, fake ones. Cats are capitalist like that.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

This is a fairly new printer, I got it so i could print out some ideas for board & card games I had. It's still using the ink that came with it, read as: that tiny little diddy amount of ink they give you for free. So i expect it to run dry after just 50 pages or something :p
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

"Boy, what a f****** fabulous t*** and smart person!"

This is all.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

One for the Brits.
If you have bought your child (or yourself) a Chocolate Santa from the Co-Operative for the festive season and yet to eat it, please do not do so.

Someone has been tampering with them in the factory, and two of them have been found to contain a button-cell battery hidden within it, the two found came from seperate factories too.
Button cells have a tendency to leak or otherwise burn a hole in the stomach, intensives or oesophagus if consumed, and it can be fatal, especially in children.
BBC News
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I have spent much of my last week off of work re-researching seaplanes, VTOL and helicopters. Very quiet, blissful times.

And Microsoft is bribing me to do it. :) I earn 130 Microsoft Rewards credits every month for using the new Edge browser in Windows 10. It helps me pay my Hulu bill faster. Woo.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:I have spent much of my last week off of work re-researching seaplanes, VTOL and helicopters. Very quiet, blissful times.

And Microsoft is bribing me to do it. :) I earn 130 Microsoft Rewards credits every month for using the new Edge browser in Windows 10. It helps me pay my Hulu bill faster. Woo.
I'd be tempted to use Edge if I got paid to do it, but only if those points can be used to buy games and other things.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

NekoMaster wrote:
kamnet wrote:I have spent much of my last week off of work re-researching seaplanes, VTOL and helicopters. Very quiet, blissful times.

I'd be tempted to use Edge if I got paid to do it, but only if those points can be used to buy games and other things.
https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/all

You can redeem the points for Windows Store, Xbox Digital, Amazon and GameStop gift cards, as well as Xbox Live subscriptions, Starbucks, Hulu, Skype andd Groove subscriptions. Or you can enter contests, rent movies, or just donate your points towards charities.

Of those, Hulu is the only one I actually use (I pay yearly for Skype already). So through my usage I effectively get Hulu for almost 50% off.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Are they that desperate for people to use it ? :lol:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

YNM wrote:

Are they that desperate for people to use it ? :lol:
They might be. They revamped the entire Bing Rewards system a few months ago. So far, it's okay. I don't love the browser, and despite the claims that it is faster, I find it to be a little chunky and slow. But, hey, if I'm going to kick back and watch a few hours of video, or spend a large chunk of time on one task in a browser, I might as well earn something for it. Edge is just good enough.

Most of my points earnings come from Bing searches, though. I need to try to get into the habit of using Bing on my android device. I'm leaving 3000 points on the table. If I started doing that I could cut my Hulu bill to almost nothing.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

2016 has rampaged on.

Today, Carrier Fisher passed away, best known for her roles in Star Wars. Also today, the author of the iconic book Watership Down, Richard Adams, has also passed away.

BBC News: Carrie Fisher
BBC News: Richard Adams
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Redirect Left wrote:2016 has rampaged on.

Today, Carrier Fisher passed away, best known for her roles in Star Wars. Also today, the author of the iconic book Watership Down, Richard Adams, has also passed away.

BBC News: Carrie Fisher
BBC News: Richard Adams
2016 and being famous is not a match made in heaven apparently...
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

So many people dying this year and this month alone. Can we just go 4.5 more days without another death? Unless its Trump
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Heaven must be having a great New Year party by now.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Hyronymus! Long time no see. Nice to see you again! :)

Charlie Brooker's 2016 Wipe is going to be busy this year - and will probably need lots of bits tacked on.

In the past week we watched Die Hard, Love Actually and some of the Harry Potter movies. I miss Alan Rickman.

Now Carrie Fisher too, tragic. It sounds like we'll still get to enjoy her performance in Episode VIII next year, as shooting finished a while ago, but no doubt it will be tinged with sadness knowing it'll be her last appearance.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

orudge wrote:Hyronymus! Long time no see. Nice to see you again! :.
Twas about time ;).

Return to “Off-Topic”