UK Scenario(s)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Hamilton2007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: UK Scenario(s)

Post by Hamilton2007 »

I just started playing this scenario, Belgian town Haaselt should be Hasselt. :)
clarklawson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by clarklawson »

This looks a little better than the usual UK map I play - although there's not much industry on there.
So will wait for a final version before I play it proper.
Dreedo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dreedo »

Hope you continue this project and finish it! :)

My town in Yorkshire is too small to get on there unfortunately, maybe it'll make it in the final version. :)
Flowdy87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Flowdy87 »

This looks really good, though it doesn't work for me, when i try and load it, i get the error message some missing content.

JonScaife
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JonScaife »

Flowdy87 wrote:This looks really good, though it doesn't work for me, when i try and load it, i get the error message some missing content.
Yeah, the newer versions of OpenTTD which don't let you change the newGRFs broke it! I'm working towards a new version but in the meantime I'll put up a fixed version with only a few newGRFs included

I've recently put up a cuba scenario, as a test of a new method of generating terrain I'm planning to use on a new version of the UK scenario. Please have a look and drop some feedback on the forum thread. Ta
JonScaife
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JonScaife »

Also - if anyone would like to give feedback on which NewGRFs should be included with a new UK scenario that would be helpful. Should I use the ECS vectors? If, which version - the 1.1.2 on BaNaNaS, or the 1.2 available from http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ECS1.2/ which include ALL the industries shown on the ECS wiki

I was thinking of including UKRS 2, but should I also include NARS or 2CC sets? What about ships? Trams/Road vehicles?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I would say use FIRS, although it is lacking of power stations. Tough choice.
JonScaife
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JonScaife »

Leanden wrote:I would say use FIRS, although it is lacking of power stations. Tough choice.
Good shout - FIRS hadn't even occurred to me, doh! I can live with the lack of power stations - they don't add much to the game, altho they are a fairly major user of the UK rail network.

Any other suggestions?
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Ships: FISH
Road Vehicles: eGRVTS & BATS
Air: AV8 and WAS
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Tbh, I wouldn't implement any vehicles at all, of course u could set a default vehicle set for people to use if they aren't familiar with the developer tools and changing NewGRFs themselves.
boohey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by boohey »

love this map its great, i had to edit the ECS industrys off cos i cant work them very well.

I've been adding roads to it hope you dont mind me editing your map I've added all the main motorways in the UK, France and Belgium.

I added more towns to france cos for me it was abit sparse of towns. only added a few just by using a curtain zoom on google maps that removes all the smaller places.

wanted to add the giant screenshot but my laptop is pants and i cant get it to open up ill try tomorrow on my pc on photoshop.

added a smaller screenshot.

i think you should add roads and its a shame you cant tunnel under water having to use bridges for my channel tunnel lol or channel bridge now lol

keep up the good work man cant wait to see what the next version adds
Attachments
screenshot.png
(73.85 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

boohey wrote:its a shame you cant tunnel under water
O RLY? http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41775 :wink:
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
boohey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by boohey »

Supercheese wrote:
boohey wrote:its a shame you cant tunnel under water
O RLY? http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41775 :wink:
yea tried this downloaded the files off his site and it had some good stuff like singals on bridges but i couldnt get that tunnels working and it was crashing when a bus or train was released from a depot with no orders haha. so went back to the open ttd release.

would be good to get all this intergrated with the open ttd release and working but never mind.

any idea was to why i cant get the giant PNG images to open and getting errors on the file? is it a bug in my release 1.1.5
weemac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by weemac »

this maybe a stupid question, how can you use the new cargo since? or how can i edit the gfr settings?
Anas Bhayat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Anas Bhayat »

help im having problems with this scenario i have all the new industries but the vehicles do not carry them any idea how i can get them tyo change?
Grunners
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grunners »

Is there an update on this? I realise it's been some years since an update, so presuming it's dead which would be a real shame?
Red_Ranger_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Red_Ranger_ »

Hello, I know this a very old form, however, I am very interested in viewing/playing this scenario but I cannot as I don't have the right 'GRFs'. Can someone please share with me the links to download the 'GRFs' to make this scenario work. Also, if version 3 is available can someone give me the link, thank you.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

wayside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wayside »

Can I add uk trains (BRTrains) to this??? I dont seem to be able to get BRTrains to work on a map of the uk???
zakalwe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zakalwe »

Hi guys,

So I came across this amazing map started by JonScaife a while ago, and found myself doing quite A LOT of work on it over time and thought I would post the results here.

I'd love to here what you guys think or get any feedback on how you think it could be improved still.

I imagine there are quite a few versions floating around. I started working with Firs2, as the industry set, and pushing the start back so you can make quite A LOT of use out of canals and sea routes.

I filled out A LOT of smaller coastal towns, especially in Scotland and Ireland, and to a lesser extent in Europe, which is an area that could definitely use some more attention.

For industries, There's generally supposed to be a balance between what you would find in real life, with a push towards setting up long distance logistics routes as technology improves over time, though some areas can be established as hubs quite early on as well.

As I mentioned, Europe is still a bit sparse, but over time it will fill out quickly with new industries. You may want to turn this off for more of a challenge there.

I was thinking it might be suited to turning new industries off, and letting players fund new ones from profits to help balance and preserve this feeling of moving things around long distances to specialized areas, or letting players spend profits on developing new hubs.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think about where its at at the moment and any balancing / improvements I could make. Town placement especially I think is an area where there might be some howlers. I did my best with gmaps and others previous placements when converting towns to Firs2, but there could well be some geography or spelling mistakes in there.

Also thanks to everyone who worked on this before, really enjoyed working on it myself and hope others enjoy it as well.
Firs2_NE_Europe1.png
(148.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Firs2_NE_Europe2.png
(51.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Cheers!
Attachments
UK_IRELAND_AND _N_EUROPE_1830.scn
(2.93 MiB) Downloaded 297 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”