[OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (no trains, no planes)

Post by Pyoro »

Just when you think 2016 won't get any crazier leif is starting a train line. Now I know the world has truly gone mad... :(
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Pyoro wrote:Just when you think 2016 won't get any crazier leif is starting a train line. Now I know the world has truly gone mad... :(
:D

Whatever you do will get boring at some point. Right now I was a little tired of trams and ships, and wanted to do something different.
1975_svartstua.png
1975_svartstua.png (575.41 KiB) Viewed 11229 times
My third oil well. It's been a long time since I played with trains, and I had all but forgot about electricity. I upgraded the rails and replaced the Vulcans with Electras.
1975_map.png
1975_map.png (39.33 KiB) Viewed 11229 times
A map of most of my current network. The chemicals produced at the Laksnes refinery go to the Fredjord foundry, which has cranked up its production considerably.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1988_bulk.png
1988_bulk.png (113.78 KiB) Viewed 11203 times
The Grånes bulk terminal revisited. It has been expanded with a dock receiving gasoline from the Laksnes refinery, and is going Gung-ho. The tankers taking chemicals to the Kvernvåg paper mill are currently being upgraded from Eddystones to Hopetowns to handle the increased output. Note the bouy to the south; it ensures that the gasoline tankers are approaching the dock from a correct angle in order to avoid awkward docking positions.

If I ever get an aluminium plant going, this terminal is an excellent source of bauxite and another dock will of course be added.
1992_hovstad.png
1992_hovstad.png (529.68 KiB) Viewed 11195 times
The Hovstad harbour. The clay pit was one of this map's first enterprises back in the early 18th century. It was then served by about 100 brigs. It's now going partially Gung-ho due to some engineering supplies from a nearby port, and is currently served by 15 Marsteins.

The oil terminal is a recent addition. 4 Hereford G5 trucks are going in transit from a nearby oil well.
2003_foundry.png
2003_foundry.png (526.33 KiB) Viewed 11180 times
The Fredjord foundry in 2003. A liquids terminal has been added for chemicals from the Laksnes refinery. Metal is arriving in Nieuwpoort container ships, and the goods is departing for Tusttun town, also on Nieuwpoort container ships..
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2038_network.png
2038_network.png (42.71 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
My oil train network has grown to encompass 5 oil well stations and 20 trains. The single track reception station at the Laksnes refinery still handles the traffic well, even if there's some light congestion along the route.
2038_junction.png
2038_junction.png (562.96 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
The penultimate junction, outside of Vangsvarp, where two routes from the north meet two routes from the west. There's almost always at least one train waiting here. Right now there are two trains waiting for the preceding train to get out of the tunnel to the south-east.
2038_knarvang.png
2038_knarvang.png (686.44 KiB) Viewed 11144 times
The Knarvang oil well station, close to the Sørheim steel mill. I laid the road in a culvert underneath the railway tracks, and put up some fences to make it look a little better than the usual hexagonal "hole in the ground".

I will try not to bore you too much with pictures of trains and junctions, lest I shall have to rename my thread.
dzugi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dzugi »

beatiful fixtures, maybe best screens ever, along with few other fixture artists :)
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2060_svalstua.png
2060_svalstua.png (610.82 KiB) Viewed 11016 times
The Svalstua stockyard after some reconstruction. All trams have been replaced with trucks but for this one exception. With a monthly output of 700 tons, it became impractical with road vehicles for all that food. I replaced 30+ reefer trams with 3 9-car trains running at 249 km/h.
2060_kvernvag.png
2060_kvernvag.png (486.72 KiB) Viewed 11016 times
Another stockyard. This one receives no manufacturing supplies, and thus has a more modest output. The harbour is fake, but it looks nice :)
2060_lokkebru.png
2060_lokkebru.png (670.4 KiB) Viewed 11016 times
The Løkkebru brewery. Grain, fruit, and bottles arrive on RVs, and the brew departs on Nieuwpoorts.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (a few trains, no planes)

Post by leifbk »

2080_bulk.png
2080_bulk.png (160.02 KiB) Viewed 10938 times
The Grånes bulk terminal has finally got a recipient for its bauxite supply, and a bauxite dock has been added to the compound. There's also a new (fake) dock for LNG ships.
2080_aluminium.png
2080_aluminium.png (450.2 KiB) Viewed 10938 times
The Aunberg aluminium plant which has just started receiving bauxite, and nothing else for the moment.
2080_varvik.png
(890.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
A panorama showing most of the Varvik-Aunberg waterfront. From left to right there's the old Varvik central brick reception dock, a scrapyard dock, a forest dock, and finally the Aunberg central dock receiving alcohol from the Smultrud brewery.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2080_port.png
2080_port.png (363.69 KiB) Viewed 10937 times
The Hønssund port, going constantly Gung-ho from deliveries of goods from the Kvernvåg paper mill. Until quite recently I only utilised the farming supplies, but due to lucky circumstances, I'm now able to deliver both farming supplies and engineering supplies to the same station (see next picture). The order list allows the vehicles to load either type depending on what's available.
2080_slyngmyr.png
2080_slyngmyr.png (465.24 KiB) Viewed 10937 times
Here's the recipient site of the Hønssund supplies.
2080_steelmill.png
2080_steelmill.png (533.91 KiB) Viewed 10937 times
On this small north-eastern continent, there are three iron ore mines, one coal mine, and as shown in the previous picture, a scrapyard. In order to utilise these resources efficiently, I established a steel mill in an empty coastal spot on the same continent, near Tømmervang town. The Varvik scrap metal goes here as well. I'm waiting for the cement plant to go away.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2080_foundry.png
2080_foundry.png (530.38 KiB) Viewed 10932 times
The new Framdal metal foundry, receiving the Tømmervang steel. It also gets chemicals by trucks from a couple of bulk terminals.
2080_stockyard.png
2080_stockyard.png (529.38 KiB) Viewed 10932 times
And the Kvernvåg stockyard harbour has gone partially live, as it now receives tin from the Framdal foundry. The production has gone way up, but 14 Eldin Verso Specials carrying 50 tons of food at 109 km/h to the nearby Råkloppen town handle the task adequately.
2080_kvernvaag.png
(4.35 MiB) Not downloaded yet
A full screen picture of Kvernvåg and its vicinity, one of the busiest areas of this map.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Wonderful screenshots, leifbk :D . Great ports of the stations. I especially liked the plant on the island, with jetties for ships. Looks unusual for me personally :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2108_terminus.png
2108_terminus.png (577.56 KiB) Viewed 10859 times
The Laksnes oil refinery train station has been reconstructed as a 4 track terminus, and the throughput has increased a lot. However, I'm still not certain if this can't be done even better. Any ideas? ;)

(There's still some buildup of waiting trains because of the recent reconstruction. It shouldn't be that busy normally, but it's kind of fun to see all those trains at once, and no crashes or deadlocks.)

Here's a savefile, if anyone wants to have a go at it:
Gromstad Transport, 2109-06-29.sav
(449.83 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

leifbk wrote:2108_terminus.png
The Laksnes oil refinery train station has been reconstructed as a 4 track terminus, and the throughput has increased a lot. However, I'm still not certain if this can't be done even better. Any ideas? ;)

(There's still some buildup of waiting trains because of the recent reconstruction. It shouldn't be that busy normally, but it's kind of fun to see all those trains at once, and no crashes or deadlocks.)

Here's a savefile, if anyone wants to have a go at it:

Gromstad Transport, 2109-06-29.sav
Great set up , altered your station added a bypass tunnel further up the line ,less space between the signals ? Love the RV and marine set up .
Attachments
Gromstad Transport, 06-04-2111.sav
(454.31 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

piratescooby wrote:Great set up , altered your station added a bypass tunnel further up the line ,less space between the signals ? Love the RV and marine set up .
2115_vangsvarp.png
2115_vangsvarp.png (765.77 KiB) Viewed 10841 times
I liked your idea about the bypass tunnel. As the trains from the west now don't have to stop at the bottom of the hillside, they seem to switch faster. The station became a little too complex for my taste :)
dzugi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dzugi »

yeeeah what an eyecandy good station i love dat IKEA building , LOL , how ? :D
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

dzugi wrote:yeeeah what an eyecandy good station i love dat IKEA building , LOL , how ? :D
The aluminium plant at Aunberg must have been built a long time before I started shipping bauxite there, and by then it was already engulfed by the city. The Ikea shop was there before I built the harbour. Now it looks like this:
2135_aluminium.png
2135_aluminium.png (542.42 KiB) Viewed 10779 times
IKEA has moved north of the railway station, and the only way to reach the shop appears to be by boat. I should perhaps get my magic bulldozer out and clean up the act a bit. The truck unloading station is logically connected to the dock, but it looks very out of place in the middle of a small-house area.
2135_foundry.png
2135_foundry.png (660.46 KiB) Viewed 10779 times
The recipient of the Aunberg aluminium. There's still a lot to be done here. I'm not always in the mood for adding eyecandy, and sometimes a station goes for a long time all uadorned.
2135_stockyard.png
2135_stockyard.png (651.55 KiB) Viewed 10779 times
The Svalstua stockyard again, one of my favourite plants. The office building is from AuzObjects Houses, and I'd really like more of that kind of buildings around. I'm not very content with the train depot; it looks odd when a long train disappears into that tiny building and it reminds me of that old movie gag where a whole bunch of people walk into a building the size of a phone booth. On the other hand, there's really not space here for a big depot.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

leifbk wrote:
dzugi wrote:yeeeah what an eyecandy good station i love dat IKEA building , LOL , how ? :D
The aluminium plant at Aunberg must have been built a long time before I started shipping bauxite there, and by then it was already engulfed by the city. The Ikea shop was there before I built the harbour. Now it looks like this:

2135_aluminium.png
IKEA has moved north of the railway station, and the only way to reach the shop appears to be by boat. I should perhaps get my magic bulldozer out and clean up the act a bit. The truck unloading station is logically connected to the dock, but it looks very out of place in the middle of a small-house area.

2135_foundry.png
The recipient of the Aunberg aluminium. There's still a lot to be done here. I'm not always in the mood for adding eyecandy, and sometimes a station goes for a long time all uadorned.

2135_stockyard.png
The Svalstua stockyard again, one of my favourite plants. The office building is from AuzObjects Houses, and I'd really like more of that kind of buildings around. I'm not very content with the train depot; it looks odd when a long train disappears into that tiny building and it reminds me of that old movie gag where a whole bunch of people walk into a building the size of a phone booth. On the other hand, there's really not space here for a big depot.
The Stockyard is great , must agree the train depot does look odd , need to be addressed , a new grf ? Yes AuzObjects are great ,when it comes to train depots I try to incorporate them into the station ,a bit of candy here or there .
Attachments
Freaningham Transport, 30-08-1983.png
(334.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

2137_aluminium.png
2137_aluminium.png (455.12 KiB) Viewed 10762 times
A totally reconstructed aluminium plant station. I added a fake liquid terminal, although the chemicals all arrive in trucks.
2137_foundry.png
2137_foundry.png (646.3 KiB) Viewed 10762 times
The foundry. I'd like to put one tile between the industry and the railway station, but there simply isn't enough space for that right here.
Gromstad Transport, 2144-01-19.png
(1.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
A full screen picture of the Varvik-Aunberg cityscape and waterfront. Note the total absence of passenger transport.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [OTTD] leifbk's screenshots (mostly ships and RVs)

Post by leifbk »

2146_sorheim.png
(1.15 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I do, however, run one passenger transport route. The small but bustling harbour town Sørheim, shown in this panoramic view, needed an incitament for growth (as well as an enhanced reputation for the transport company). Therefore, I set up a passenger route between here and another sleepy town, Glosland. 6 Pegwell Super 4 Hovercrafts take passengers for an enjoyable trip back and forth. Note the catchment enlarging lorry station that I needed to get passengers from the hotel. Beyond, an oil train from the Vangsvarp oil well is heading for the Laksnes refinery. The harbour pub in front of the stadium is appreciated by residents, truck drivers, and sailors alike.
2146_glosland.png
2146_glosland.png (434.34 KiB) Viewed 10727 times
Glosland also has a pub, as well as a motor inn. It's a pity that the gorgeous new restaurants of MariCo are only available for a few years, and never when I want them. Luckily, we've got AuzObjects which don't care what year it is.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

leifbk wrote:IKEA has moved north of the railway station, and the only way to reach the shop appears to be by boat.
This is actually the best way to reach the IKEA in Brooklyn - located as it is in an old shipyard: https://www.nywatertaxi.com/ikea
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

supermop wrote:
leifbk wrote:IKEA has moved north of the railway station, and the only way to reach the shop appears to be by boat.
This is actually the best way to reach the IKEA in Brooklyn - located as it is in an old shipyard: https://www.nywatertaxi.com/ikea
:D
My router died this evening, but luckily my daughter was able to buy me a new one close to her work, and I'm online again.
Gromstad Transport, 2156-05-10.png
(1.72 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Here's a full-screen view of an area that I haven't shown any pictures of previously, the Fisleheim-Enghall-Tustvik-Råkloppen conurbation, immediately to the south of Kvernvåg. Each one of these towns are serviced by the transport company, and have grown accordingly. Enghall started to grow when I moved the sheep farm livestock station closer to the town centre. In Fisleheim there's a sheep farm too, although it's a bit hard to spot. Both deliver livestock to the Kvernvåg stockyard. The Fisleheim bulk terminal delivers a small amount of chemicals to the Kvernvåg paper mill. Tustvik (formerly Tusttun) has been the recipient of goods from the Fredjord foundry for a long time. And finally, Råkloppen receives the food coming from the Kvernvåg stockyard.

Return to “Screenshots”