Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2016

Post by STD »

I congratulate with the victory screenshot Tintinfan. Well done :)) . I really like the new theme. I will try to send screenshot.
Emperor Jake wrote:We have a theme for September: Mountain Engineering

In Tintinfan's words:
"Mountain Engineering"; hill-climbing railways that loop back on themselves or twisting roads with accidents off the edges of cliffs, that sort of stuff...!
Entries are open, get mountaineering :D
And thank you for hosting this competition. All very well organized :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2016 - ENTRIES

Post by TheAmir259 »

Not really an interesting one. A classic line climbing steeply up a pass vs a high speed line going under the pass. Can be seen here an autorack train and an APT, entering and exiting the tunnels respectively. An A3 commuter train operates on the classic line, but not much were operating today, so explains why none appeared.
Attachments
Amir Rails Ltd., 14th Sep 2056.png
Amir Rails Ltd., 14th Sep 2056.png (296.33 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Here is my screenshot.
Usually I dont post these big size screenshots, but there is so much eyecandy to show off ;-)
Quast65_September2016.png
All done via GRF, except the people on the ski-pistes ;-)
(991.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Quast65 wrote:Here is my screenshot.
Usually I dont post these big size screenshots, but there is so much eyecandy to show off ;-)
Quast65_September2016.png
Hey Quast, keep seeing the Castle Walls, never seen the GRF, could you point me in the direction of it please? :D
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Pilot wrote:Hey Quast, keep seeing the Castle Walls, never seen the GRF, could you point me in the direction of it please? :D
Search for "Town Walls" on Bananas (the ingame downloader), discussion thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74515
The snowversion isnt released yet (also not finished ;-) ).

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Marnston Mountain Railway in Autumn , a narrow gauge rail line , serving the three mountain towns, Avonshaw in the valley bottom ,Nantshaw Ridge in the middle and the Ski Resort of Marnston .The NS700 steam train in push pull combination service the three stations .Two Mat 64 Plan V have been converted to cable cars are in operation in winter for passenger service taking over from the NS700 who only haul cargo in the winter months .
Attachments
Marnston Transport, 06-12-1981#1.png
(838.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

The old and the new railway line through the mountains.
Attachments
Tschechoslow. Staatseisenbahnen, 17. Apr 1978.png
(616.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

My screenshot on the theme "Mountain Engineering" . I barely had time to send up at the last day of that month :D .
Description:
Different engineering solutions in the highlands - road tunnels highways, railway tunnels, bridges.
STD_Mountain Engineering_September2016.png
(2.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's my entry: A tourist train traverses a specially built scenic railway to reach the winter resort town. The track involved two switchbacks and a large bridge offering the best possible views of the waterfall and valley.

I'll leave entries open for a few more hours in case we get another last-minute entry :)

Attachments
sep16.PNG
sep16.PNG (489.45 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote:Here's my entry...
Very beautiful screenshot, Jake. Looking forward to the start of voting for the best screenshot of the month :D .
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Emperor Jake wrote:I'll leave entries open for a few more hours in case we get another last-minute entry :)
You Sir are a Saint. :bow:

Due to personal stuff and multiple projects, I had given up hope of an entry to this month's contest when just minutes ago I was struck by a "DOH!" moment. I accessed a previously uncharted region of my frontal lobe which took me back to October of 2007 and the Plainston Escarpment. I reproduce my screenshot below as my September 2016 contest entry.
Switchbacks up the Plainston Escarpment
Plainston_Escarpment.png (141.48 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
It is not at all what I intended which was to feature a new cooperative project by myself and Quast65. Oh well ... maybe next month. :wink:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

@wallyweb: I thought you might still want to post something :wink:

Anyway, we've got a slightly smaller selection to vote from this time. Not complaining though, it'll make voting easier :P Also I believe a welcome to the competition is in order for TheAmir259.

Since there are fewer this time, I've put them inline again, hopefully some of the bigger ones don't cause too many problems.

Emperor Jake
A tourist train traverses a specially built scenic railway to reach the winter resort town. The track involved two switchbacks and a large bridge offering the best possible views of the waterfall and valley.

piratescooby
Marnston Mountain Railway in Autumn , a narrow gauge rail line , serving the three mountain towns, Avonshaw in the valley bottom ,Nantshaw Ridge in the middle and the Ski Resort of Marnston .The NS700 steam train in push pull combination service the three stations .Two Mat 64 Plan V have been converted to cable cars are in operation in winter for passenger service taking over from the NS700 who only haul cargo in the winter months .

Quast65

S-Transport
The old and the new railway line through the mountains.

STD
Different engineering solutions in the highlands - road tunnels highways, railway tunnels, bridges.

TheAmir259
Not really an interesting one. A classic line climbing steeply up a pass vs a high speed line going under the pass. Can be seen here an autorack train and an APT, entering and exiting the tunnels respectively. An A3 commuter train operates on the classic line, but not much were operating today, so explains why none appeared.

wallyweb
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2016 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

The results are in...

Code: Select all

Emperor Jake		8
Quast65			  7
STD				   5
wallyweb			 2
S-Transport		 1
piratescooby		0
TheAmir259		  0
And so concludes my almost 4-year streak of not winning :]
A commendable close 2nd place from Quast65, and thanks to everyone else for entering and voting.

As for the theme, I had many in mind to choose from, but I think I'll go with...

River Crossings

From tiny quaint bridges across streams to huge marvels of engineering swarming with traffic, to ferries where expanses are too wide to build across.

Get screenshotting :D
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - September 2016 - VOTING

Post by STD »

I congratulate you with the victory, Emperor Jake :)) . And also to everyone else thanks for participating and voting. I didn't expect to be able to take third place this time. I like the theme, I'll try to send a screenshot of this month :D .
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - October 2016 - ENTRIES

Post by wallyweb »

This is scary. The top three vote getters all featured snow. :P
They probably own shares in snow shovel factories. :mrgreen:
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

wallyweb wrote:This is scary. The top three vote getters all featured snow. :P
They probably own shares in snow shovel factories. :mrgreen:
Maybe just the winter is coming? :mrgreen:
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

A very nice competion round! All shots were very good! :bow:
Congrats Jake!!
It was indeed close, I followed the voting for the last couple of days, which was very interesting :mrgreen:
At one point we both had 8 votes, then someone changed their vote from me to you (9-7), making it harder for my shot to catch up and finally someone changed their vote from you to someone else, making it 8-7 and giving me hope in catching up again, but it became the end result. This made it even more fun to participate! :]

I like the theme for the next round, will do a raindance to fill up my rivers! :twisted:

EDIT: By the way, your win in the leaderboard in the first post of this thread should say 09/16, it was the september round, it says 10/16 now ;-)

kittle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kittle »

I can't tell from the rules so can I ask for clarification. Does the screenshot actually have to come from a game you've played or can you just go into the scenario editor and set out a specific scene you have an idea for?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

kittle wrote:can you just go into the scenario editor and set out a specific scene you have an idea for?
You can!

I have tried that, but imo it not give the same feeling/result as the real game shot :) depends on the theme of course!
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I thought I would enter this for a change! This one is from a running game for once as opposed to staging a screenshot.
Attachments
SwissFan91.png
SwissFan91.png (170.32 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects

Return to “Screenshots”