The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by NekoMaster »

My mouth is burning after eating hot curry... SPICY CURRY! BLARGH!!! *breaths fire*
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:One for the UK folks.

This image neatly describes Great British Bake Off situation RE: moving to Channel 4 :p
As I'm someone who isn't interested in the Bake-off, but has seen what is going on, explain what it means to a fan of the show? I mean there was a massive uproar on it moving to C4 even before it was announced that the Hosts and that Mary Berry would be leaving.
Channel Four firstly is likely to reduce the show to 40-45 minutes from 60 so it can squeeze in adverts, rather than take up a 75 minute slot. Four will probably also whore out merchandising which the BBC generally don't, they also have a habit of doing stupid crossovers and throwing celebrities into things, Bake Off has always been about amateur Baker's other than the charity specials, Four also don't seem to fetch the best hosts or celebrities.
Mel & Sue will also be dearly missed for their lewd commentary and and euphemisms, another host trying to do it will just be seen as copycatting now more than anything else.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Channel Four just spend £75 million on a tent and ovens :P
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Redirect Left wrote:
Pilot wrote:

This image neatly describes Great British Bake Off situation RE: moving to Channel 4 :p
As I'm someone who isn't interested in the Bake-off, but has seen what is going on, explain what it means to a fan of the show? I mean there was a massive uproar on it moving to C4 even before it was announced that the Hosts and that Mary Berry would be leaving.
Channel Four firstly is likely to reduce the show to 40-45 minutes from 60 so it can squeeze in adverts, rather than take up a 75 minute slot. Four will probably also whore out merchandising which the BBC generally don't, they also have a habit of doing stupid crossovers and throwing celebrities into things, Bake Off has always been about amateur Baker's other than the charity specials, Four also don't seem to fetch the best hosts or celebrities.
Mel & Sue will also be dearly missed for their lewd commentary and and euphemisms, another host trying to do it will just be seen as copycatting now more than anything else.
See, now I understand it all. Adverts, poor Presenters and crappy Celebrity versions are not what the viewer is used to. I imagine C4 will probably try to milk the Bake-off for every penny they can get too.
APDAF wrote:Channel Four just spend £75 million on a tent and ovens :P
And Paul Hollywood, don't forget him!
Dave

Post by Dave »

To be fair they regularly do celeb bake off. Sam Cam went on.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Dave wrote:To be fair they regularly do celeb bake off. Sam Cam went on.
As I noted in the previous post, they're done specifically for charity. I think Samantha's one was for Sports Relief. Four do things usually just to fill up celebrities wallets
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oh yes I missed that.

All a bit daft really, think channel 4 are probably regretting their move now.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

In between conversations:

At the moment I have on facebook a discussion about Dutch Trains, Dutch newssite NOS calls the Mat64 "Apekop", something like "monkeyhead". I thought it was called "Hondekop", meaning "doghead". I was told I was wrong, only the Mat54 was called "Hondekop".

To me it looks all the same...
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

I feel the deeper into 2016 we progress, the more apathetic and edgy I get about the general vibe.

It just feels like the society is getting vastly radicalized in two opposite directions and everyone is oblivious to it. They're too busy flinging crap at each other to look in the mirror and see how much of a joke they've become.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

I am curious - what is the current pretext for mud flinging in Slovakia?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

It's kind of a global thing and it's happening mostly on the internet, but it's pouring over into the real world especially in the US with the elections taking place.

The European catalyst has been the immigrant crisis and Brexit. Some really strong opinions being formed.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Jim'll Paint It is the best. Some fantastic works of art there!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

So I decided to participate in a game show on national TV. Very scary. It's a Swedish version of the British show "15 to 1", although it's reduced to 8 people in Sweden. Now that I'm a national celebrity (well this show airs 5 times per week, so maybe I'm not all that famous now) I expect you all to become my fans.
Attachments
14474058_294285980954987_4468935410180947968_n.jpg
14474058_294285980954987_4468935410180947968_n.jpg (129.33 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Ooh, how exciting. :)

Hopefully you'll do better than your stint in Zernebok Radio's "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" rip-off some 10 years ago. :mrgreen:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Not by much! Although despite being far younger than all others (which, let's face it, is a drawback when it comes to general knowledge), I have to say I didn't make a fool of myself
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Neato, well done for even getting on a TV show!
I've applied to several British game shows, sadly i've never got the phonecall for even the testing phase while they whittle down the total idiots before progressing to the actual show.
I have in the past applied to Deal or No Deal (now cancelled, so i'll assume that was a nope), Total Wipeout (Now cancelled, so another nope) & The Chase (Still going strong, so i might get that call one day)

I'd love to apply to Pointless but I need a partner (its teams of 2) and Eggheads, but frankly my general knowledge is fairly good, but not good enough for Eggheads :p
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I nearly got on university challenge (interviewed and tested by producers at the ITV studios in London) but our team wasn't picked because it was 4 guys and a high quotient for autism spectrum disorder - it's only acceptable to be like that if you're repping Oxbridge apparently...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

EXTspotter wrote:but our team wasn't picked because it was 4 guys and a high quotient for autism spectrum disorder
Is that your opinion or what they said? :P
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Congratulations, Chrill!

I shall add you to the list of people I know who were on gameshows.

I am friends with 3-day Jeopardy champion Ricky Young.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Good grief. Just been shocked by how little knowledge people seem to have of the world around them.
Article posted to facebook by a UK media regarding migration curbs and etc. I just casually mention how technically all of us are migrants to the UK, through migration many millenia ago (roughly 30,000 years ago is when the UK, or what would become it, started to be populated by modern day humans). Absolutely storm of people going "uwotm8?" and varying slurs about how stupid I am.

Genuinely think that the majority of people are totally unaware of the world around them and how we all came to be whereever we all are.

Return to “Off-Topic”