Your CURRENT train journey?

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Your CURRENT train journey?

Post by Ameecher »

JamieLei wrote:
Ameecher wrote:Went on a 222 today from Bedford to Nottingham, how come a train that is very similar to a voyager be so superior? Think it's probably due to the seating but it was quite a pleasant experience I thought. Pricey mind but it was a walk up fare.
:P

I love how general public and cranks have opposite opinions over whether EMT's Meridians or HSTs are better!
The fact that no one has come up with s door release on the inside of a mk3 door is a hopeless reflection on our train operating/leasing companies.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

JamieLei wrote: I love how general public and cranks have opposite opinions over whether EMT's Meridians or HSTs are better!
Having used at least one of every model EMT have (43, 153, 156, 158, 222 - and yes they were all ones operated by EMT) I prefer the 222s. I find them a nicer atmosphere inside than the 43s
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Currently waiting for 155342 to set off to Wakefield. Rather foisty smell on board. Can't pin it down to why though. Train bears no branding for either old or new Northern franchise too. Taking them much longer than I expected to at least apply posters and info sheets with new logos
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

153s and 155s always smell rank. I think the dodgy rivetting lets rain and makes the carpets on the walls mouldy.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Definitely not the best engineered unit ever...
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Ameecher wrote:
JamieLei wrote:
Ameecher wrote:Went on a 222 today from Bedford to Nottingham, how come a train that is very similar to a voyager be so superior? Think it's probably due to the seating but it was quite a pleasant experience I thought. Pricey mind but it was a walk up fare.

I love how general public and cranks have opposite opinions over whether EMT's Meridians or HSTs are better!
The fact that no one has come up with s door release on the inside of a mk3 door is a hopeless reflection on our train operating/leasing companies.
Pretty sure the Chiltern mk3's have internal door releases?
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

jvassie wrote:
Ameecher wrote:
JamieLei wrote:

Pretty sure the Chiltern mk3's have internal door releases?
Well yes the power door ones do...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Currently aboard a VTEC service pulled by 91121. 12:06 service from WKF to LDS, en route to HUD. Direct train doesn't run Sundays.
Unbearably hot onboard. Not sure if aircon isnt working or just not up to the job.

Edit: again today on Monday, although this time the conductor did say the aircon was foobarred. Does the UK have any regulations when hot is too hot to have no aircon and train is pulled from service?
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Even though I'm only going as far as York, I do love taking the express from Newcastle. Calling only at Darlington, York and London. York in 56 minutes, or London in under 3 hours, should I wish.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Stratford to St Pancras in 6 minutes.... can only be a 395.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Currently off to Huddersfield, but Leeds first.
1309 service from WKF to LDS. Running about ten minutes behind schedule. I have a bottle of Pepsi on the desk next to me. I can't drink it for a while as the vending machines at Wakefield Westgate are the drop type, so it fizzes it up for ages before you can safely open it :evil:
This service is also a 142 pacer, as the scheduled 322 was unavailable.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

On the 1721 service from Huddersfield to Leeds (Newcastle been end destination for the train)
Currently crawling past Ravensthorpe due to reports of trespassing.

Passengers were most not understanding after conductor came on tannoy to announce it.

Guessing it was the group of very young teens spotted looking very sheepish trying to hide behind bushes on the river bank below a near bridge...
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

On the 0926 from Piccadilly, currently running 4 minutes late, making my way across to Leeds, 185127 is my chariot today
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

My ride for the next few hours
20160831_164846.jpg
(2.97 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Doing a bit of travelling around the East Midlands today for work, currently sat on the 1001 from Leicester to Derby.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Quadruple Post! Sorry! :oops:

Anyway, I love what I get to do for my job. Nice chilled day on the Cumbrian Coast incoming, starting with this.
20161019_095027.jpg
(4 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Pilot wrote:Quadruple Post! Sorry! :oops:
Some of these members today... terrible ;)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Time for my slowest journey of the day, the 0915 Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston on board of 390154.
20161205_085008.jpg
(4.28 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Currently aboard the 1845 EMT service to KGX eaoting to depart Leeds
Bit of a mess. No reservation tickets, and one of the first class coaches is being treated as normal class due to "one of the carriages being pulled and replaced".

Edit: Conductor announced this entire train is actually leased from EMT but it's VTEC service. May explain some of the chaos surrounding the unpreparedness of staff and the coaches, train is also running in reverse order. Staff are also scrambling to find a "catering key" for the on board catering equipment, seems EMT may have forgot to give the key to a VTEC staff member...
:lol:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Currently sat on 168327, paired 168323 from Oxford to London Marylebone. Both are former TPE units, being renumbered from 170307 and 170303 respectively. It's like being reunited with an old friend :lol:

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”