Metro Track Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Metro Track Set

Post by Quast65 »

Asperamanca wrote:I can build metro and metro with catenary (and I do have metro vehicles from 2cc), but no underground track is available. What could be wrong?
Have you checked the parameter settings? By default the "underground" tracks are turned off.
And, indeed as SilverSurferZzZ mentioned, these arent "real" underground tracks. They are tracks with grass or concrete roofs, so to say. You need to landscape a ditch where you lay those tracks in, roads or buildings (or other stuff like objects) will then close the gap between the roofs of the tracks and the rest of the landscape, giving the illusion that the track is underground.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Asperamanca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Asperamanca »

Quast65 wrote:
Asperamanca wrote:I can build metro and metro with catenary (and I do have metro vehicles from 2cc), but no underground track is available. What could be wrong?
Have you checked the parameter settings? By default the "underground" tracks are turned off.
And, indeed as SilverSurferZzZ mentioned, these arent "real" underground tracks. They are tracks with grass or concrete roofs, so to say. You need to landscape a ditch where you lay those tracks in, roads or buildings (or other stuff like objects) will then close the gap between the roofs of the tracks and the rest of the landscape, giving the illusion that the track is underground.
...so you also cannot build roads, tracks and buildings on top, which would be the real zinger. I completely understand that this is complex to do, but since they were mentioned, I though I'd ask...
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Asperamanca wrote:
Quast65 wrote:
...so you also cannot build roads, tracks and buildings on top, which would be the real zinger. I completely understand that this is complex to do, but since they were mentioned, I though I'd ask...
Sadly, no ;-)
You will need to build tunnels then, the good thing is that the tunnel entrances/exits match the "roofs", as they are a full tile and thus those entrances/exits are disguised.
However, suggestions are going around a bit to use this idea and have more interesting graphics (like parks or buildings), rather than the full grass or concrete tiles, but they arent being developed yet.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Please read the documentation. To enable underground tracks (a different rail type) you have to be using specific train sets with specific settings. The documentation also explains that "Metro Vehicles for 2CC Trains" is not one of those compatible sets, because it is coded as regular trains and not for track-specific 3rd rail.

Somebody should go fix that one of these days. :)
jelmerrr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jelmerrr »

Please anyone help: why doesn't work metro trackset 2.1.2 in my game? The fault is: Attempt to use invalid ID (sprite 337)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

jelmerrr wrote:Please anyone help: why doesn't work metro trackset 2.1.2 in my game? The fault is: Attempt to use invalid ID (sprite 337)
What version of OpenTTD are you using? What other NewGRFs are you using and in what order are they loaded?
jelmerrr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jelmerrr »

kamnet wrote: What version of OpenTTD are you using? What other NewGRFs are you using and in what order are they loaded?
I found the problem. I had loaded nutracks and it doesn't work together.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Found a bug in the code that prevents you from choosing to not use surface metro.

Code: Select all

if ((param_metro == 0) && (param_metro == 0) && (param_metro == 0) && (param_metro == 0)) {
    //no railtypes in this set enabled
    error(FATAL, string(str_no_railtypes_enabled));
}
...should be...

Code: Select all

if ((param_metro == 0) && (param_metrowithcatenary == 0) && (param_metrounderground == 0) && (param_metroconcrete == 0)) {
    //no railtypes in this set enabled
    error(FATAL, string(str_no_railtypes_enabled));
}
I'm currently working on releasing a version of RIS which includes the metro tracks with this fix.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
ajee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ajee »

Hi, metro set is an incredible addition for OpenTTD, however, I think I don't understand how it works. :(

When I tried to put "underground", apparently the rail is not really underground, but elevated for like a half height compared to the heightmap, and it cannot be crossed by road or anything.
subway1.JPG
subway1.JPG (48.76 KiB) Viewed 5521 times
Is this what it supposed to be? Please enlighten me, thanks in advance!

AJ
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

ajee wrote: 19 Jan 2020 12:16 Hi, metro set is an incredible addition for OpenTTD, however, I think I don't understand how it works. :(

When I tried to put "underground", apparently the rail is not really underground, but elevated for like a half height compared to the heightmap, and it cannot be crossed by road or anything.

subway1.JPG

Is this what it supposed to be? Please enlighten me, thanks in advance!

AJ
Yes, this is unfortunately the only way to get "underground" tracks to work in OpenTTD.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

OpenTTD doesn't have support for an underground layer, or for station in tunnels.

Metro Track Set provides an "underground" track, which provides either a grass or concrete cover above the tracks. You then lay this track in a trench you build. You then place roads, objects or other items on the sides of the trenches to finish covering it up and make the illusion complete.

The underground tracks are coded so that no road will be able to cross it, in order to protect the illusion (and your vehicles from being destroyed). You will need to build a bridge over them.
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

What this awesome NewGRF needs are;

* Signals that are suitable to underground view.
* Depors that are suitable to underground view.
* Underground and overground stations including 1x2 and 1x3 overlays with fancy details.

There are currently only 2 station sets that support metro/subway which are Auz and Dutch Add Ons. I wouldn't say no to a 3rd competitor :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

EG0611 wrote: 17 Nov 2020 12:10 What this awesome NewGRF needs are;

* Underground and overground stations including 1x2 and 1x3 overlays with fancy details.

There are currently only 2 station sets that support metro/subway which are Auz and Dutch Add Ons. I wouldn't say no to a 3rd competitor :D
Well, considering that FooBar has been gone from the community for three years, that's probably not happening anytime soon. However, this project is GPLv2 licensed, so anybody is free to fork it and give it a go. :)
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

EG0611 wrote: 17 Nov 2020 12:10 What this awesome NewGRF needs are;

kamnet wrote: 17 Nov 2020 18:55 Well, considering that FooBar has been gone from the community for three years, that's probably not happening anytime soon. However, this project is GPLv2 licensed, so anybody is free to fork it and give it a go. :)
You could check Erato's DPRK railtype set; despite being created as a joke, it ended up being a complete set of projects, including railtypes. The railtypes, in turn, include a metro track.

Or you could download the Recycled Tracktype Set, which is in fact a fork of several railtype sets including this one; it includes three "custom tunnel" railtypes that are basically the metro tracks.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
krtog027
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krtog027 »

Hi the NewGRF does not work it might be because of othe NewGRFs ?( , so here are they as followed,
- Metro Track set
- Ikaurs set 6
- Hungarian truck set 3I
- FISH 0.9.2
If anyone can help im glad :D
Krtog :D
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

You don't appear to have a trainset that adds metro trains. This newGRF only adds the tracks used by metro trains.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Releases”