I can't get some newGRFs

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

pasildan
Engineer
Engineer

I can't get some newGRFs

Post by pasildan »

Hello guys ! I'm a newbie user in openTTD but lover from the first transport tycoon. I have tried to open a customed map in the game but it requires a lot of newGRF. The thing is I downloaded most of the with the tool for online content but some of them appear with a red boton and it doesn't allow me to download the remaining newGRF required.
The customed map is Alaska (USA).
I would like to know if this just happens to me or even it's a common problem. Also if possible I would appreciate any help possible to get those newGRF remaining to load the map. I have attached a picture to show it.

Regards.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: I can't get some newGRFs

Post by STD »

pasildan wrote:Hello guys ! I'm a newbie user in openTTD but lover from the first transport tycoon. I have tried to open a customed map in the game but it requires a lot of newGRF. The thing is I downloaded most of the with the tool for online content but some of them appear with a red boton and it doesn't allow me to download the remaining newGRF required.
The customed map is Alaska (USA).
I would like to know if this just happens to me or even it's a common problem. Also if possible I would appreciate any help possible to get those newGRF remaining to load the map. I have attached a picture to show it.

Regards.
Hi, pasildan. The answer to the question, see the topic Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.
I recommend all questions on GRF's ask in the same topic - Looking for Graphics? Ask Here. Users of the forum will help you find answers. :wink:
Last edited by STD on 02 Aug 2016 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I can't say I've ever heard of the first 3, so I can't help there, with the rest however:

Marico, NewShips and NewStations can all be found here:
http://ttdpatch.de/download.html

Now the Version of WAS you have could be one of several versions. Normally downloading the latest version on WAS via the Online Content Downloader should work, as it is normally compatible, however, you may have tried that already. Someone else here may have a better idea if that isn't working.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I agree with you, you can use the version of WAS from the online game content :) . But I recommend using one of the last nightlies :) .
I checked the compatibility. Problems running scenarios did not arise from me.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
pasildan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pasildan »

STD wrote:I agree with you, you can use the version of WAS from the online game content :) . But I recommend using one of the last nightlies :) .
I checked the compatibility. Problems running scenarios did not arise from me.
Is there some specific reason why it appears to me not available for being downloaded those newGRFs my friend? Just curiosity I'm pretty newbie on this.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Some NewGRF authors disagree with the terms of service of the download service (anything uploaded will be available forever to all), and do not use it. Instead they have other means of providing their extensions to you.

Edit: The download service also checks compatibility of the download content against your OpenTTD version, and does not offer content that your version cannot handle.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Pilot wrote:I can't say I've ever heard of the first 3, so I can't help there, with the rest however:

Marico, NewShips and NewStations can all be found here:
http://ttdpatch.de/download.html

Now the Version of WAS you have could be one of several versions. Normally downloading the latest version on WAS via the Online Content Downloader should work, as it is normally compatible, however, you may have tried that already. Someone else here may have a better idea if that isn't working.
The first three can be found on Simuscape: http://www.simuscape.net/simutalk/viewt ... =120&t=758 You may need to register to that site to be able to access those.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Quast65 wrote:The first three can be found on Simuscape: http://www.simuscape.net/simutalk/viewt ... =120&t=758 You may need to register to that site to be able to access those.
Simuscape registration is not required for downloads. :D

Return to “Graphics Releases”