Dutch Trainset 2

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: Dutch Trainset 2

Post by kamnet »

Killersquad wrote:I have a question about the Dutch Trainset 2. :) I downloaded it, with some Netherland scenarios. But when I want to play a scenario I cant play with the Dutch Train set :(
Once upon a time you could add or remove NewGRFs in the middle of a game, or add it to a savegame or a scenario. But this caused many problems and corrupted games. A few years ago OpenTTD devs modified the game so that players could not automatically do this in an effort to reduce the number of bug reports and increase the quality of the game.

Many scenarios developed over the years were developed without adding NewGRFs, since players could do that on their own. With the change, however, those scenarios are now incomplete. To change this, you will need to enable the Scenario Editor. There is a dedicated discussion topic on how to do this here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=53881

While adding a vehicle set shouldn't cause an issue, just be warned (as you will be when you enable this feature and start a game with it) that any changes to a scenario once it is initially saved MAY cause issues, anywhere from incorrect display of graphics or wrong prices to complete corruption of the game making it unplayable.
Killersquad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Killersquad »

Thank you! :D
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

Is this the set which if you buy Thalys & ICE-3M it'll appear as full set or when you buy it it'll only give the front powercar?
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

TheAmir259 wrote:Is this the set which if you buy Thalys & ICE-3M it'll appear as full set or when you buy it it'll only give the front powercar?
This set will give you the full set. All trains consisting of multiple parts are bought as one set.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

If so, then i'd like to know if you can increase the speed of ICE-3M or not because 221km/h is very slow as opposed to it's max speed of 368km/h. I'd also, like to see if you can make a eurostar version of this, which is the e320, or not. If so i'd be very glad. I'd also like the trains to go on their tested max speed, like the ICE-3M max speed 368km/h whilst e320 max speed is 352km/h and so on instead of their operational speed. I'd love to use them with their tweaked max speed at least for realism. I know in realism, they operated on operational speeds. I do set their max speeds on the timetables and only allowed them to go at max speed in certain occasions. And that certain stretch and occasions are why i'm requesting you to increase their speed up to their limits.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

I do not think that is going to happen, as the aim of this set is to be quite realistic. And those speeds are not realistic in the Netherlands.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

Transportman wrote:And those speeds are not realistic in the Netherlands.
I am aware of that though.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

TheAmir259 wrote:
Transportman wrote:And those speeds are not realistic in the Netherlands.
I am aware of that though.
And in combination with the sentence right before that, you have the answer as to why those speeds will not be set. This set aims to be realistic, and those speeds are not realistic in the Netherlands.

But you are free to grab the source code and modify the values yourself, so that it works like you want. Do not forget to also change the NewGRF ID if you are going to do that, to prevent issues by having the same ID as the original set.
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

I was at first considering changing the values for it but i don't know how though. Perhaps you can give me links to the easiest-to-use softwares that could change those values. I'm not really that desperate however on that.

Oh, and I think you haven't answer me on the Eurostar e320 one. Are you going to make one or wait until the real trainsets enter service into Netherlands first? As you know, maybe it could be cancel and so the if you make it now it'll be worthless as it's not part of it anymore or whatsoever.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

TheAmir259 wrote:I was at first considering changing the values for it but i don't know how though. Perhaps you can give me links to the easiest-to-use softwares that could change those values. I'm not really that desperate however on that.
Easier than modifying the values in the source and compile it again I cannot make it. You can try to follow this guide to set up the environment needed.
Oh, and I think you haven't answer me on the Eurostar e320 one. Are you going to make one or wait until the real trainsets enter service into Netherlands first? As you know, maybe it could be cancel and so the if you make it now it'll be worthless as it's not part of it anymore or whatsoever.
I'm for an early inclusion, but I would also want to hear other opinions about that. And if it is going to be included someone needs to draw sprites and someone needs to get the stats to code it.
moenbase
Engineer
Engineer

Post by moenbase »

Hey there,

Nice trainset pack! I always want to play in early times (1800ish)

I noticed however that there's no train available at around 1863.
Even the older types can''t be chosen then. So between 1863 to 1865 there seems to be a gap.
Unless something funny is going on with my game ofcourse.

Also: is there an easy way of seeing in what year which trains become available?

Thank you
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

moenbase wrote:I noticed however that there's no train available at around 1863.
Even the older types can''t be chosen then. So between 1863 to 1865 there seems to be a gap.
Unless something funny is going on with my game ofcourse.
That is not supposed to happen, I thought there should be at least one train available at any moment after the introduction of the first train.
Also: is there an easy way of seeing in what year which trains become available?
Unfortunately the answer is no. Recent documentation for this set has been lost, and nobody took the time to redo it. You can check the vehicle sorting to see in what order trains become available per type, as I think it sorted on introduction year.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/Dutch_Trainset_2 , not much info here , a list of vehicles .
Last edited by piratescooby on 14 Aug 2016 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

I dont Know if this of any use , I've printed of and keep it handy . http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/dutchtra ... trains.txt
Nyrill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nyrill »

Is there a 32-bit version avalable or in development?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Nyrill wrote:Is there a 32-bit version avalable or in development?
No, not as part of this set, and as far as I know also not elsewhere.
jelmerrr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jelmerrr »

When are the FLIRT's coming? And is it possible to add the Connexxion GTW, Veolia LINT and Arriva Vechtdallijnen LINT?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

jelmerrr wrote:When are the FLIRT's coming?
Not planned, as there has not been any real development on this set in quite some time. If someone provides the sprites, I could add them, but I'm not sure when they would be released.
And is it possible to add the Connexxion GTW, Veolia LINT and Arriva Vechtdallijnen LINT?
Aren't those included already? I'm pretty sure there are GTW and LINT trains available (although I didn't play in quite some time).
jelmerrr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jelmerrr »

The trains they I have called aren't in trainset 2.1.0. I have looked so

I don't know how to make new grf, so that is the reason that I haven't make self :mrgreen:
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

jelmerrr wrote:The trains they I have called aren't in trainset 2.1.0. I have looked so

I don't know how to make new grf, so that is the reason that I haven't make self :mrgreen:
Oops, you are right, those liveries are not in. There is an issue so that it is not forgotten, but as I indicated in the previous post, this set has not seen development for quite some time now.

Return to “Graphics Releases”