Heavy Equipment Set (HEQS) v1.5.2 released! [OTTD]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Kelidoskoped
Engineer
Engineer

This is not a subject; now read the post

Post by Kelidoskoped »

I could draw some sprites, if you want.. And I use these for full on cargo jobs, not puny feeders. $600,000 a year after about 3h of real time, and about half of my junk is waiting. Anyway, pm me and I'll try to respond.. US equipment is needed, says the person.
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Heavy Equipment Set (HEQS) v1.5.2 released! [OTTD]

Post by Awesometrains »

is it possible for vehicles to go off road?
Qa'pla!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Nope. But one could always develop an alternate road set to resemble off-road paths. Both American Road Replacement Set and North American Roads Set offer dirt roads that can either transition over to asphalt at some point, or remain dirt roads permanently. Unfortunately you don't get to have both at the same time.
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

Awesometrains wrote:is it possible for vehicles to go off road?
kamnet wrote:Nope. But one could always develop an alternate road set to resemble off-road paths. Both American Road Replacement Set and North American Roads Set offer dirt roads that can either transition over to asphalt at some point, or remain dirt roads permanently. Unfortunately you don't get to have both at the same time.
This game so desperately needs more roadtypes...
And, no, I don't know how difficult this would be to implement.
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Ogre wrote:This game so desperately needs more roadtypes... And, no, I don't know how difficult this would be to implement.
Here's a list of discussions, approaching 13 years and still waiting: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &p=1147613
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

kamnet wrote:Here's a list of discussions, approaching 13 years and still waiting: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &p=1147613
Thanks for the link. I knew that the wish for and the discussion about more roadtypes was old... but THAT old?!?
If this keeps to be like it is, Coders might switch to railtypes to implement the kind of roadtypes they need... just like it was done with PIPES... that's weird (the fact, not PIPES)... on the other hand, I guess there is a very good reason the developers and the patch creators did not get the roadtypes implemented.
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Hi, First of all i like HEQS for the good graphics and because is the best way to transfer heavy cargo in a citycenter and i like this way so much! :)

So i have some questions:

1. Is it possible for vehicles as Mining/Dump Trucks of the list to don't loose their reliability after 2020?
After some year there’s no Mining/Dump Trucks in the list for purchase or they have reliability less than 60% (so no playable).

2. I can't transfer liquids with HEQS fast, the only solution is to use the very slow tractors of the set, so i thinking: Can you improve the HEQS with some faster vehicles as tank-trucks ? Maybe similar to Logging Trucks but suitable for liquid transfer.

3. I think the industrial trams of the set is in a smaller scale than other tram sets, and if i use it with other tram set the vehicles are tiny. I am thinking if you want to do it litle more bigger to be more reallistic.

I have more ideas for the HEQS but I think I ask to much thinks... I Apologize if Ι annoyance you...
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

railman wrote:I Apologize if Ι annoyance you...
Nah not annoying, I am happy when people use the grf. :)

HEQS won't be developed any further, it's 'done' as far as I want to go with it. I'm working now on Road Hog, which is a full road vehicle set, but doesn't include most of the big vehicles from HEQS. I'm also working on FIRS, Iron Horse, CHIPS, and Squid Ate FISH, so there is no time for HEQS ;)

For reliability - sorry I always play with breakdowns off, so I don't notice reliability. HEQS doesn't really go past 2020 by design, because I never play past then.

For liquids - I use the PIPE grf for oil etc instead.

The tram scale is a bit small, it seemed right at the time for small industrial vehicles, but the trams in Road Hog are drawn larger.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

railman wrote:I Apologize if Ι annoyance you...
Nah not annoying, I am happy when people use the grf. :)

HEQS won't be developed any further, it's 'done' as far as I want to go with it. I'm working now on Road Hog, which is a full road vehicle set, but doesn't include most of the big vehicles from HEQS. I'm also working on FIRS, Iron Horse, CHIPS, and Squid Ate FISH, so there is no time for HEQS ;)

For reliability - sorry I always play with breakdowns off, so I don't notice reliability. HEQS doesn't really go past 2020 by design, because I never play past then.

For liquids - I use the PIPE grf for oil etc instead.

The tram scale is a bit small, it seemed right at the time for small industrial vehicles, but the trams in Road Hog are drawn larger.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

andythenorth wrote:HEQS won't be developed any further, it's 'done' as far as I want to go with it. I'm working now on Road Hog, which is a full road vehicle set, but doesn't include most of the big vehicles from HEQS.

This is badly, because I prefer the HEQS as industrial vehicles set (and lot of other persons too), because its the only set in openttd with really industrial road vehicles, other truck set are very boring. Vehicles like the HEQS's logging trucks, the mining trucks, the foundry transporters and the tireless hi-rail truck, are unique and helpfull!
andythenorth wrote:I'm also working on FIRS, Iron Horse, CHIPS, and Squid Ate FISH, so there is no time for HEQS ;)

I use Squid Ate FISh some times, but I miss the Klyazma Hydrofoil, the Porcupine 30 Hovercraft and the Olympic Log Tug of the old FISH Set, was very nice ships. CHIPS are nice and simple too, I use it in all of my scenarios.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

While development on HEQS is finished, I do hope that if any major changes happen to OpenTTD in the future that breaks HEQS, I do hope that HEQS will be updated to be compatible. I know the source code is available, so at least we won't need Andy to grow another pair of arms to update HEQS should they be too busy with other projects :p
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Sorry if this is weird, but woudl it be able to code and draw passenger capabilites for the industrial trams, even though freight-based, this would look cool (Cheep narrow guage too :) :mrgreen: )
Jetrain
YATTC
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

trainman1432 wrote:Sorry if this is weird, but woudl it be able to code and draw passenger capabilites for the industrial trams, even though freight-based, this would look cool (Cheep narrow guage too :) :mrgreen: )
Theres already many passenger tram sets out there, also industrial trams where never meant for passenger use except maybe for hauling officials and workers. There where how ever some early passenger trams that where pulled by a separate engine, but I dunno if HEQS would ever include passenger trams.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Andy's Road Hogg set has pax/cargo trams based on real world examples, and 2CC Trams has historical pax/cargo trams. Andy's made it known that HEQS is done.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

I think the HEQS set needs a couple of industrial locomotives too.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

railman wrote:I think the HEQS set needs a couple of industrial locomotives too.
If you mean locomotives like for heavy rail, a lot of sets have small switcher/shunter locomotives that fit the bill. While there are smaller locomotives that work inside factories and shops, most large industrial area's use switchers to move things around.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

NekoMaster wrote:
railman wrote:I think the HEQS set needs a couple of industrial locomotives too.
If you mean locomotives like for heavy rail, a lot of sets have small switcher/shunter locomotives that fit the bill. While there are smaller locomotives that work inside factories and shops, most large industrial area's use switchers to move things around.
Yeah, you are right, small switcher/shunter locomotives fit the bill, for example the serbian narrow gauge locomotives is a good solution for short industrial railway lines between industries...
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

trainman1432 wrote:Sorry if this is weird, but woudl it be able to code and draw passenger capabilites for the industrial trams, even though freight-based, this would look cool (Cheep narrow guage too :) :mrgreen: )
I meant like the same engines and passenger cars. I can't find a set that has engines and cars like a train.
Jetrain
YATTC
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Have you tried the British Tram Set (BATS)? IIRC it contains some loco-hauled passenger trams as well as normal and freight trams.

Return to “Graphics Releases”