North of France (Lille) public transport

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

masterus
Engineer
Engineer

North of France (Lille) public transport

Post by masterus »

I'm searching for people willing to code those sprites into NewGRF

-- All my sprites are based on generic vehicles models (Iveco Stralis, Mercedes Sprinter....), if you want any of these don't hesitate --

This set is almost complete I just need help from people willing to code those :D
It includes 13 bus models and 27 different liveries.

In a near future I'll add tram to the set, yet I need help for coding/

All my sprites have openable doors, working orange warning lights and animated destination signs for some thanks to colossal404's Hungarian/Ikarus set.
working doors
working warning lights
animated destination sign

Here are some exemples.
Mercedes Citaro LE facelift - Transpole Lille Liane
Mercedes Citaro LE facelift - Transpole
Mercedes Citaro C2 - Transpole
Renault Irisbus Agora GNC
Irisbus Crossway - Transpole Liane
Irisbus Crossway - Arc En Ciel
Irisbus Citelis 18m GNC - Transpole Liane
Irisbus Citelis 18m GNC - Transpole
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North of France (Lille) public transport

Post by STD »

Excellent work, masterus. I watched all 4 topics, where you showed the sprites of transport. Very cool. I hope that you will help to encode in a set. Alternatively, you can ask assistance from the following user: planetmaker, Quast65, GarryG and others. Also look for themes that often lead various discussions.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

If you want that bus to bend you'll need to make separate sprites for the bus and trailer. Nice liveries otherwise, I think we need more non-company-coloured bus sets.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Those are fantastic looking sprites. Love the animations too!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
masterus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by masterus »

@Redirect Left thanks :mrgreen:
Emperor Jake wrote:If you want that bus to bend you'll need to make separate sprites for the bus and trailer. Nice liveries otherwise, I think we need more non-company-coloured bus sets.
I agree for the non-company coloured.
Yet I use paint.net to make all my sprites, the sprites are already separated in different layers :D But I'll need to manually place the trailer sprites to the front like other front part of the bus.
All my sprites blank generic vehicle models are also done on paint.net, so I've done all the options for each bus then I can freely add or remove them from a sprite depending on the bus equipement I want. This Citelis for exemple comes with a GNC tank, the blank generic Irisbus Citelis 18m has GNC, 3 or 4 door and many more options :D

@STD Thanks :mrgreen: I'll PM them to get help or otherwise to learn coding.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Are you drawing these using one of the supported palettes? If not, you should make the switch now, before you draw too many in wrong color palette (or drawing them in 24bit color). I don't know how you select a specific palette using paint.net.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sylf wrote:Are you drawing these using one of the supported palettes? If not, you should make the switch now, before you draw too many in wrong color palette (or drawing them in 24bit color). I don't know how you select a specific palette using paint.net.
Just put them in 32bpp and don't worry about a color. :)
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

kamnet wrote:
Sylf wrote:Are you drawing these using one of the supported palettes? If not, you should make the switch now, before you draw too many in wrong color palette (or drawing them in 24bit color). I don't know how you select a specific palette using paint.net.
So, you envision this to be a 32bpp set drawn in pixel fashion?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sylf wrote:
kamnet wrote:
So, you envision this to be a 32bpp set drawn in pixel fashion?
There's no reason to remain beholden to the old 8bpp palettes.
masterus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by masterus »

kamnet wrote:There's no reason to remain beholden to the old 8bpp palettes.
This is easier since I can use "official" colors I get from official companies logos :D

Yet to make things easier I use 10tens colors RGB and use a -/+20 between the sun facing part and the other.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

If you are going to use 32bpp png, then you should use the proper alpha channel, and not an arbitrary blue background. That blue backgroud won't automatically be transparent. Also, you should decide what to do for the 8-bit graphics that are required - to use empty graphics (I believe Pineapple Trains does this), or come up with an actual 8bpp version via conversion.

Also, is there any version of graphics that are scaled correctly for the actual newgrf?
masterus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by masterus »

Sylf wrote:If you are going to use 32bpp png, then you should use the proper alpha channel, and not an arbitrary blue background. That blue backgroud won't automatically be transparent. Also, you should decide what to do for the 8-bit graphics that are required - to use empty graphics (I believe Pineapple Trains does this), or come up with an actual 8bpp version via conversion.

Also, is there any version of graphics that are scaled correctly for the actual newgrf?
You lost me :mrgreen:
Could you explain me plz ?

The graphic scale is good, I use a 2px/m for isometric and 2,5px/m for orthographic
The actual 50% used ratio is completely wrong..
Similiar things have already been done.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

When I click on those images, I see images of this size:
Mercedes-Benz Citaro 12m - LE - V1.0 - Transpole.png
Mercedes-Benz Citaro 12m - LE - V1.0 - Transpole.png (4.04 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
But with the pixel style of the drawing, I was expecting to see images of these size:
http://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/DrawingSprites
masterus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by masterus »

Oh those are 4x that allows easy viewing but the final ones will be the right size :D

How about the background, what colour should I put for plz ?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

It's not any specific color. You need to specify the transparency for the area you specify.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... %20channel
masterus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by masterus »

Sylf wrote:It's not any specific color. You need to specify the transparency for the area you specify.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... %20channel
Ah ok, but no need for specifying the transparency, Paint.net comes with a universal transparent background, the blue and green layer is just like the 4x zoom for a better view on the forum
Mercedes-Benz Citaro 12m LE - Transpole, Transpole Liane.png
Mercedes-Benz Citaro 12m LE - Transpole, Transpole Liane.png (1.97 KiB) Viewed 4064 times
Is it right ?
spajdy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by spajdy »

Now I am wondering if it ever was done to grf.
With best regards,
Špajdy.

My released NewGRFs:
ImageImageImage

You can find what I am planning next, or doing right now right in my developer diary.
Slovakia | lang : slovak | english

SLOVAK DISCORD SERVER I (and others Slovak and Czech creators) write there in Slovak about what I (ot they are) am planning. This invitation is valid for 100 users.
It is alive and well. :)

Return to “Graphics Development”