Custom Music Not Showing Up...

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Nero1024
Engineer
Engineer

Custom Music Not Showing Up...

Post by Nero1024 »

Can I get some help in making my own MIDI music pack? I've tried making my own .obm file based on the "org_win.obm" file and the base music is not showing up in the game options. The MIDI files are custom and the MD5's are good.

Attached should be the .obm file I'm trying to use.

[EDIT]
Used a different text editor and now when starting OpenTTD this message pops up:
"ini: '; $id: OGmix.obm 19444 2010-03-07 19:15:31Z rubidium $' outside of group" with buttons "OK" and "Cancel".

[MORE EDITS]
Clicking "OK" starts OpenTTD normally, clicking "Cancel" starts OpenTTD with what I assume is a debug message console. Here is the message list:

dbg: [grf] Malformed MD5 checksum specified for: ttd-jammit.mid (in C:DUMMY1TTDeluxeOpenTTDgmOGMixOGMix.obm)
ini: '; $Id: OGMix.obm 19444 2010-03-17 19:15:31Z rubidium $' outside of group
dbg: [grf] Malformed MD5 checksum specified for: ttd-jammit.mid (in C:DUMMY1TTDeluxeOpenTTDgmOGMixOGMix.obm)
dbg: [grf] Malformed MD5 checksum specified for: ttd-jammit.mid (in C:UserschicoDocumentsOpenTTDcontent_downloadgmOGMixOGMix.obm)

(Apparently the backslashes are not showing up, dunno why.)

[MOAR RAPID FIRE EDITS]
Apparently my .obm was poorly put together, so I attempted to fix whatever the debug messages were griping about, but I cant seem to figure out this one:
"ini: '; $Id: OGMix.obm 19444 2010-03-17 19:15:31Z rubidium $' outside of group"

I can also now select the new base music but with it selected it's telling me in red "1 corrupted file". The MIDI are not playing either.

Any Ideas?
Attachments
OGMix.txt
.obm file I was trying to use. Apparently poorly done.
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
OGMixNew.txt
Newer revision, still won't run right.
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Custom Music Not Showing Up...

Post by FooBar »

33H_R&P.MID
Putting an ampersand in a filename is generally a very bad idea. So that may have something to do with it.

Secondly, you must save unicode without BOM. (EDIT: this is why you get the message with the second file)

Other than that, the file looks ok.
Nero1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nero1024 »

FooBar wrote:
33H_R&P.MID
Putting an ampersand in a filename is generally a very bad idea. So that may have something to do with it.

Secondly, you must save unicode without BOM. (EDIT: this is why you get the message with the second file)

Other than that, the file looks ok.
Thanks, all I did is save as ANSI and it seems to be read and MIDI an be played, but in game options it still says "1 corrupted file"
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

"corrupted file" generally means that the calculated md5 doesn't match the given one.
Nero1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nero1024 »

Eddi wrote:"corrupted file" generally means that the calculated md5 doesn't match the given one.
Will it still read the file?
Nero1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nero1024 »

FooBar wrote:Try and fine out. I would guess it doesn't.
Edited the title screen MIDI file with a sequencer and OpenTTD can still play it, in game options it now says 2 corrupted files. Corrupted seems to be a bit of a misnomer IMO, "X files w/ checksum mismatches" sounds a bit more fitting. :wink:

Thanks for all the help though! :D
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Nero1024 wrote:"X files w/ checksum mismatches"
That I guess is the definition of 'corrupted'. :wink:
The message indicates that one or more music files are not the same as the ones the author put in the pack.

Now that you are the author, a lot of messages aimed at regular players must be interpreted differently. In this case "the obm has a wrong md5 sum set".
girth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by girth »

Hello people, I am trying to create my own music set, but I too am not seeing it show up in the list.

I have created a folder, put some midis, generated the md5s (using FCIV, but that's not too important as any tool will do the job), created the obm file (attached)...
Tried putting the folder in baseset, fired up OpenTTD, no dice. Tried in content_download/baseset, still nothing.

Here's what the folder contents are: [img=http://s9.postimg.org/y5f9fvbi3/screenshot.jpg]

Just wondering what the problem might be? The omb file looks fine to me, the md5s are correct (I've tried a few different tools to get the hashes, they come out the same). Could it be the midi files themselves? How can I check if they are the right format for OpenTTD?

Thanks in advance. :)
Attachments
para_la_gran_justicia.obm.txt
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

girth wrote:Hello people, I am trying to create my own music set, but I too am not seeing it show up in the list.
Without the MIDI files available, it's hard to say for sure what's going on. If you'd like, you can PM me a link to download them private to see what the issue might be.

Only thing that I might guess is that you need at least one file in each category. Try putting a file name into old_0, new_0, and ezy_0.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Having downloaded the songs (nice collection, by the way), I can't see anything wrong with the OMB file. All the MIDI files played in my audio player fine. Double check the MD5 hashtags and ensure you copied them over correctly.
girth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by girth »

kamnet wrote:Having downloaded the songs (nice collection, by the way), I can't see anything wrong with the OMB file. All the MIDI files played in my audio player fine. Double check the MD5 hashtags and ensure you copied them over correctly.
Thanks for taking a look kamnet.
I've gone over the hashes again, they are identical: [img=http://s22.postimg.org/d2nw79519/screenshot.jpg]
(see attached file for same output)

Bizzare.

Is there a character limit on the names? Does appending "- Buena Vista Social Club" at the end possibly break it?
Attachments
md5s.txt
(738 Bytes) Downloaded 56 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Are you sure those are md5sum (and not some other kind of hashes like sha1 or so which you have there)?

Do your filenames contain spaces? Try without, if some do.

Of course you also need to select your music set within OpenTTD, you did that in the game options window, yes?
girth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by girth »

planetmaker wrote:Are you sure those are md5sum (and not some other kind of hashes like sha1 or so which you have there)?

Do your filenames contain spaces? Try without, if some do.

Of course you also need to select your music set within OpenTTD, you did that in the game options window, yes?
Yes, no and yes.

I've used a few different md5 checksum generators, this one and this one, and I get identical results. As far as I can tell they're both md5 checksum generators. :|

And yeah, still no new option in the Music drop-down in the game options window...

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”