OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by romazoon »

3 more
Attachments
Polska Rail, 4 Jul 1956#1.png
Now Kielce is also a part of the network.
(294.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 4 Jul 1956#2.png
a view on Lodz and Zgierz Textil Factory
(1.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 16 Jul 1956.png
a view on Krakow with the new branch to Kielce.
(1.45 MiB) Not downloaded yet
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

here is the link to the map used as inspiration to creates most of my lines : http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http ... QUCh0v4QkA
Attachments
Polska Rail, 19 Jul 1956.png
a view on Katowice area, it grew, and i added a line(inspired from reality) from Dabrowa to Tarnoskie bypassing the dense area in order to release much of the traffic caused by the steel mill at Dabrowa.
(6.1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 6 Oct 1956.png
Nysa and the Meat Packing Plant
(384.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 23 Nov 1956.png
Zabkowice, and the gold mine near by (truck transfer at station, then gold is sent to Lodz and Warsaw, the two only towns with banks that can t be demolished (they are industry) and also having a stockpile i have to take care of.
(1.34 MiB) Not downloaded yet
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice pictures!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

Where'd you get that map anyway?

Do you use goods trains running to multiple station to deliver supplies to mines and such?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

i think inside Mczapkie signature there is a link to his repository, that s where i downloaded it from.

and yes i deliver vehicules to mines sometimes with one train for two mines (and a last condtionnal order to deliver to a car dealer what could be left), but i supose daylenght help me a lot there to reduce the number of vehicules needed, also note that cargodist is turned on only for passengers and mail, so i can t deliver to multiple station in one go and still need to overfill the stockpiles so that the "second" industry get some vehicules/supplies once it s done.

I do the same with cargo that often fill up stockpiles like fertilizer, dyes or even glass , with some conditional orders to reduce unecessary trips, but well it works well in my game because i serve many industries so i always find a nearby industry that can take the excess cargo (and when not, i try to connect a new industry to my network)
Attachments
Polska Rail, 30 Avr 1971.png
map of the railway. Now connected to Poznan.
(64.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 10 Mai 1971.png
Zgrez Textil Factory, the Livestock station and the passenger station
(375.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 10 Mai 1971#1.png
some side line stations, serving a farm and another textil factory.
(347.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice pictures!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

thanks S-Transport, nice comments :mrgreen:
Attachments
Polska Rail, 26 Fév 1976.png
works around Warszawa started, no urban lines open yet though, just track planning for the future lines and industry's stations.
(4.49 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 27 Fév 1976.png
Lodz has some intense mixed traffic.
(4.88 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 4 Mar 1976.png
a small town, for a change ;).
two local trains are making slow some express behind them, at least the express are much more confortable so people still pay higher price even though local "often" make the trip in the same time (no place for overtaking on this line)
(514.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice pictures, but this are not all Polish trains, or?
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

no indeed, i mentionned it when i started the serie of screenie, i use many trains set : the SBB set (swiss), Dach trains (german, ostereich and swiss), the hungarian train set (GYV), and of course the PKP set (polish) (and the serbian narrow gauge...but I use it nowhere yet)). It gives me plenty of choice of wagons, more or less capacity, variety of looks, same for locomotives.

edit: and the dutch set too
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Wow, nice to see my map in right hands :)
New version will be created soon, but I must run it on Daylenght server, otherwise it will end as usual, with desolated lines instead sophisticated network like here.

EDIT: which script are you using? Combined TilelabelIndustry+RCG script designed for this map does not work for saved games (I made some bugs during script merge). Not an issue in case of MP, but make crash in SP.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

thanks Mczapkie !

i used for the first 70 years in game your script as solo player with no crash of the script (i love how your script added some more industries )

This was possible because :
- i loaded your "original" scenario in a new game, THEN i changed the grf list in the running game and started to play directly....i had to make sure i never close the game though because if i saved the game AND reloaded it the script would crash. (if i modified anything in Scenario Editor and saved...i could say bye bye to the industry being created where they belong)

my computer rebooted with a f***** automatic updates...so i looked for a solution to the scriptcrash and :

- the script crashing is not a big issue, well at least i found a solution to make it rework : once the script crash after a reload, make a savegame with the crash and reload it, the script will reinitialize and work like a charm for the town growth part only, the industries are not created anymore though (this solution works until next save and reload where you can repeat the process to keep going on your game)

And about next version soon, may i suggest you add more towns ? in my game now i fund the one missings so it s not such a big deal, but it would be cool i think (nobody is forced to service them, and the one who like to service them could do it)

Also, a small note on your ECSex, i know you said you don t want to add hotels...but i think they would come handy for the smaller town... now i used the logging camps (but only for the passengers not at all for the wood) to help them grow. I use a strong symetry of distribution (95%) and very hard settings for the town growth script (320)...so it s sometimes hard to see the town grow only with it s own houses (not enough people are sent there unless i boost passenger production with a log camp...but sincerely i would prefer a hotel, or even some small houses from the polish sets...to keep the centre of town looking like a village for exemple ;)... i m not so fan of the town building big buildings once they past 500 pop...i really like the japanese building set for this reason...it allow to keep rural look for towns until 3000 pop, and it s a setting you can choose to reduce ...anyay i start to be off topic now as it concerns more the polish building set than ECSex....
Attachments
19stycznia2012.jpg
a map i use...and make me think it lacks town in your scenario ;)
(3.53 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 21 Mai 2007.png
a relatively important node of the polish network i believe, well in my game too ;)
(1.32 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 21 Mai 2007#1.png
i haven t much progressed, but here is the latest network map.
(465.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Great screenshots and descriptions to them. Looks very nice. :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice pictures!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

This one is really nice:

http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=188108

How did you made the trucks go by the industrial roads in the top right side of the image? You photoshoped it?

BTW. I live about 50km from there :P
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks Lukasz, here is some more then ;)

And no photoshoping for the trucks, they are real and usefull, i use the eyecandy overlapping tiles from ISR/DWE newobject ;)
Attachments
Polska Rail, 4 Aoû 2032#1.png
the same area that lukasz like, but quite a while after :)
(8.05 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 4 Aoû 2032#2.png
map with all the passengers links from cargodist
(228.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 4 Aoû 2032#3.png
and Warszawa have evolued too, and i started using some industries near by. all freight (to grow town and to produce vehicle) delivery is made at the Ursus Vehicle factory
(6.36 MiB) Not downloaded yet
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice pictures!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Well done job, romazoon. I like your style of construction of the railway and stations. :D
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

thank you guys

Here is some more of my Polish game.

note that i cheated the time back to the 1950', because i just like so much the architecture of the buildings in that period (and yes i use trains that are not from that period....but this i dont mind at all )
A livestock farm on a hill near by Plock at snowy period (plenty of eyecandy newobject where used)
A livestock farm on a hill near by Plock at snowy period (plenty of eyecandy newobject where used)
Polska Rail, 8 Fév 1951.png (152.1 KiB) Viewed 4805 times
Polska Rail, 14 Mar 1951.png
Plock Refinery and the village
(420.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Attachments
Polska Rail, 29 Mar 1951.png
Warsaw pretty much develloped (but i intend to deliver more needed stuff (growth script) to reach near the 120k population later)
(7.58 MiB) Not downloaded yet
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice pictures!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

I had to improve the capacities and output of Plock's refinery....so i built a new one near by, they are both at maximum output rate (no oil spiled tough, if there is too much incoming it will be taken by the pumps to Warszawa Powerplant.)
after improving the production at refinery, i felt a need for making the docks nicer :)
after improving the production at refinery, i felt a need for making the docks nicer :)
Polska Rail, 28 Aoû 1955.png (109.31 KiB) Viewed 4761 times
Attachments
Polska Rail, 9 Aoû 1954.png
(526.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polska Rail, 1er Sep 1955.png
just a map view (the black and quite straight line with no white points is the pipeline taking oil from Russia to Plock and to Gdansk in te future, it is mostly a tunnel all the way)
(543.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”