Top Gear "dream team" announced by BBC

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Top Gear "dream team" announced by BBC

Post by Redirect Left »

The new lineup 'will' include a woman, according to Evans.

Source: Metro
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Only appropriate in modern times, but I wonder how they'll compensate for the fact that 30% of their jokes will suddenly be off limits? ^^
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pyoro wrote:Only appropriate in modern times, but I wonder how they'll compensate for the fact that 30% of their jokes will suddenly be off limits? ^^
I'm sure you mean 95%.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

They aren't that bad. They also make jokes about badly manufactured US cars ('cause nobody buys British ones), tiny Japanese ones ('cause nobody buys British ones) and how they "won the war" (because you really don't make jokes about German cars). And then of course racial stereotypes, and a few jokes about each other.

Alright, maybe 50% ... ;)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

ah yes, the BBC have new rules about panels having a woman onboard don't they? Forgot that might come into play here.

I hope they find a suitable woman and not just someone who is available because they agreed to it.

Mock The Week may end up suffering that after awhile, but thats another subject altogether.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Vicky Butler-Henderson, Jo Brand (she's done some rallying, I think), Sabine Schmitz and Suzi Perry. There are women who could do the job for sure.

EDIT: Susie Wolff, Sue Perkins (although she didn't enjoy the attention Clarkson followers gave her on Twitter, including rape threats and murder threats...), Jodie Kidd...
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Redirect Left wrote:The new lineup 'will' include a woman, according to Evans.

Source: Metro
or perhaps not!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33180779
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Wonder how the "new Topgear" will be received? I know a lot of people (that I know and have contact with) watched the show exclusively for the "comedy". And won't watch if they don't get the "Same British" Humour. I know my Mom watched the show, especially their Challenges/races/specials and stuff, but when the reasonable car segment came up she went and made coffee. And I know a lot of people who did the same.

BBC tried to introduce Topgear Aus and US here with very limited success, people didn't find them funny here, and if Topgear UK goes the same way as Aus and Us then a lot won't watch it
Dave

Post by Dave »

Redirect Left wrote:Mock The Week may end up suffering that after awhile, but thats another subject altogether.
It's already terrible. Two series too many.

Anyway - Evans winds me up. But I haven't really watched Top Gear so probably shouldn't comment.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Dave wrote: Anyway - Evans winds me up. But I haven't really watched Top Gear so probably shouldn't comment.
I mainly stopped watching it, other than the specials which were still pretty cracking. Despite the blatant setups.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Evans is a safe pair of hands, and these days a very BBC establishment one. This is probably their way of making sure he says loyal rather than going off to revive TFI Friday more fully.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I just hope the new team will be up for doing the extreme stuff the specials often require, such as going to ridiculous places in ridiculous circumstances .
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

A three year bump for this. Anyone catch the most recent episode of "New" Top Gear? Lovely little Friends reference at the end:

My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

So, another bump of this topic after a year and a bit.

Last night was the start of a new series of Top Gear, with the third(?) presenter lineup since the Trio of Clarkson, Hammond and May left. The new line up features Chris Harris, Paddy McGuinness (a comedian and TV presenter) and Freddie Flintoff (an ex-Cricketer), whilst Sabine Schmitz still has some involvement (Rory Reid supposedly has it too, but not seen anything of him yet).

When I first saw the line-up, I was unsure, but, having watched the first episode, I'm quite looking forward to the future. The new line-up seems to have quite a decent Chemistry, and I like the North vs. South dynamic that seems to be there too. Hopefully it'll continue, and the UK will be producing two top car shows for people to enjoy.
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

I like this line up. Matt LeBlanc never really fitted in. Chris Harris is an amazing driver and Rory Reid has a way reveiwing that's relevant in the real world. Freddie and Paddy have a natural chemistry that a haven't seen since Clarkson was sacked. It's back to being a few lads mucking about in cars, which it's what we loved about the old show. It's as much about them playing pranks and winding each other up as it is about the cars.

Return to “Off-Topic”