BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.2 (9-April-2011) [update]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.2 (9-April-2011) [update]

Post by kamnet »

It's frustrating to me as well. That said, 1) Set authors are under no demand that they have to work with each other, 2) there's no expectation that all sets must cooperate with each other, and 3) there's nothing wrong with an author expecting that only their set be used, or used in a certain manner.

If one doesn't like it, feel free not to use those authors' works, or go make your own. There's plenty of latitude here for both. I may not be able to make people play nice, but I'm not without options.
Twyster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Twyster »

wallyweb wrote:
Twyster wrote:I'll PM a copy of this entire post to OzTrans and Yexo, but if either or both of them don't listen I will post a condemnation of the work ethic of those that were uncooperative in the relevant topics and never again use any of their GRFs.
Have a nice day. :)
And please don't let the screen door slam on your way out. :(
*closes door gently* :wink:
kamnet wrote:It's frustrating to me as well. That said, 1) Set authors are under no demand that they have to work with each other, 2) there's no expectation that all sets must cooperate with each other, and 3) there's nothing wrong with an author expecting that only their set be used, or used in a certain manner.

If one doesn't like it, feel free not to use those authors' works, or go make your own. There's plenty of latitude here for both. I may not be able to make people play nice, but I'm not without options.
I've PMed them both, using less harsh wording than I did here. Still, this just bugs me, so I felt the need to step in. I apologize for any disruptions.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

kamnet wrote:If one doesn't like it, feel free not to use those authors' works, or go make your own. There's plenty of latitude here for both. I may not be able to make people play nice, but I'm not without options.
i disagree with this conclusion, because it's not only the author and one user affected. the whole community has to waste support-hours weeding through pointless problem reports, just because of one overly-paranoid person.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Someone should add this information for any kind of the Canadian set NewGRFs on the info in BaNaNaS :

"Warning ! Don't use this NewGRFs with some type of NewGRFs. Random errors have been encountered. For your maximum enjoyment, please use only with other Canadian NewGRFs that's not outdated"
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Hi, can someone tell me what I doing wrong .. I loaded BK Enhanced Tunnels 1.2 (tried the others too), but can not get rails to build on top a I seen on previous pages in this forum. Might be some where in last 11 pages what to do t activate this function, but I not seen it.

The readme file that comes with it says : * Enhanced_tunnel functionality is only available within platforms which support that functionality. This GRF will not allow this function on its own.

I using OpenTTD 1.5.

Also I been playing TTD a long time it only recently that I been experimenting with scenarios and adding newgrf to make play better.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Ben_K wrote:Enhanced_Tunnels will only work with TTDPatch until the functionality has been developed in OpenTTD.
(Enhanced_Tunnels is the ability to build tracks on the same tile, over head the tunnel entrance)
That's a quote from the very first post in the thread, and the feature hasn't been brought over to OpenTTD yet. So, the "platforms which support that functionality" is TTDPatch.

You're doing nothing wrong, unless playing OpenTTD counts as doing something wrong.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thanks for helping. I read in previous pages that need TTDpatch and a part that say it wasn't included in OpenTTD. I was just hoping the new version of OpenTTD would allow it, and just maybe I was doing something wrong. Just have to wait a bit longer I guess.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

as far as I know, it is not on the agenda of any of the developers at this time.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

kamnet wrote:as far as I know, it is not on the agenda of any of the developers at this time.
Cirdan did look at this feature (enhanced tunnels) for his New Map Features branch (NOT a patch) of OpenTTD. He found it to be very challenging and set it aside in favour of working on more immediate issues. Priorities permitting, he may return to Enhanced Tunnels sometime in the future. Keep in mind that when eis-os developed this for TTDPatch, he also found it to be challenging and it was only through devoting a lot of time and focus that he was able to resolve it. Hopefully cirdan will be able to get back to it, but I would not expect this to be any time soon.

Return to “Graphics Development”