A new fully-functional window

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Deuce
Engineer
Engineer

A new fully-functional window

Post by Deuce »

Please bear with me on this one.

Before I talk about that new window I'm thinking about, is it possible to have a new window in-game (just like that of the list of vehicles, or the bank statement, etc.) and can fully operate to our likings (as long as what's in that window is from the game's memory; for example, display extra information for each vehicle the player has)?

If we can create a new window, how much graphical would it be? Just text? Or can we have it with lines drawn inside it and stuff? What's the limit here?
Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

As far as I heard it's very very very hard, and why would we want another window?
Everything is relative
Deuce
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deuce »

Well, to tell you the truth, it's too much to ask for. I know that for sure. But I'll put that down as a "wouldn't it be cool?" thing. I'm not "actually" asking for it to be done. But of course it would be cool if it's possible. Even if it's something I could try to help making it in anyway (I love tweaking games/apps, still a post-beginner though).

Call it the "Airlines Manager" window. Have a window that has like two columns. The first lists all the airports you have, and the second lists your airplanes. Clicking on an airport would, somehow, show the airplanes that use it (probably draw lines between columns, and if you have a lot of airplanes that the window has a scrolling bar, the lines connecting the airports and airplanes would still try to link them), and clicking on an airplane would show the airports it uses. And you could change the move order of any plane using someway of clicking and pointing with the mouse. Probably even build airplanes from within the window and assign orders to it.

What made that come to my mind? Well, that's what I actually do on paper when I want to organize my airplanes (I never use them for anything but passengers/mail) when it's really out of control and really hard to find out where each one goes to/from. Trains are easy to track; just follow the railway and you're there. Probably same thing with the trucks/buses. Ships, well, they float on water, how hard is it to track them? But airplanes -- 20 airports, 60 aircrafts, 1 manager; do the math.
Deuce
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deuce »

After reading it, I want to say one thing to myself:

Dream on! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

You put this suggestion in the wrong place.

Post it in the TTSD forum, they can certainly do it. Whether they will, is another matter, but someday somebody will take it up I bet. It's a great idea and would be a huge help. I tend not to do too much with the airlines for that reason, it's too confusing.
Deuce
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deuce »

Well, thanks for the advice.

I'll just link to this topic.

Return to “Suggestions”