What to do when you find a bug - READ

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: What to do when you find a bug - READ

Post by Alberth »

Yes you have to register at FlySpray before you can submit a bug. The point of the tracker is that issues don't get lost there, whereas in the forums, there is no way to keep track of all open issues.

Anyways, if you had searched there a little you'd have found http://bugs.openttd.org/task/5137
In other words, we know about it
cybermind
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cybermind »

I tried to win a bonus by transporting mail between to cities, I did so, several times but it just expired granting no bonus :-(

Multiplayer, version 1.2.2

I attached a savegame.
Attachments
Draborough Bay Transport, 17. okt 1962.sav
(370.71 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Posted a very low severity bug report into the bugtracker, located here http://bugs.openttd.org/task/5817

Just my two cents, but it's somewhat irritating having a bug tracker. Would be much easier to post these things straight into the forum, or have a thread of bugs, or subforum of bugs here...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Jolteon wrote:Posted a very low severity bug report into the bugtracker, located here http://bugs.openttd.org/task/5817

Just my two cents, but it's somewhat irritating having a bug tracker. Would be much easier to post these things straight into the forum, or have a thread of bugs, or subforum of bugs here...
That would be much more troublesome and much more difficult really and actually make sure that we overlook bugs. http://bugs.openttd.org is the one place for all and with all bugs.

As to that bug: it's not really a bug, at least none which can be fixed, or only fixed by means of using industry NewGRFs. The iron ore mine industry has (technically) no buildings and only consists of ground tiles. As such it cannot hide anything and there's also nothing which can become invisible.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

planetmaker wrote: As to that bug: it's not really a bug
Then the definition of 'transparent' industries needs to be updated then, cause either way, the description is bugged or the industry is bugged ;)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Jolteon wrote:Then the definition of 'transparent' industries needs to be updated then, cause either way, the description is bugged or the industry is bugged ;)
The definition of transparency is that everything that isn't a ground sprite is drawn transparent. Everything that is a ground sprite isn't, as that's obviously the ground. Having said that, the industry you mention is nothing more than just ground sprites.

It can be solved, but that would effectively mean ditching support for the old style graphics. If that happens, then it's arguably not an open TTD anymore. It would allow us to make some significant cleanups, though that would also break many NewGRFs. So again, something I wouldn't strive for.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 1.4.0 multiplayer server cause massively desync errors, if company is active.
Where I should report this problem?
Server is running custom (not random) map, is it possible to achieve desync errors due to changing map newgrf's?
Last edited by Wahazar on 19 Apr 2014 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Yes, any form of changing newgrfs and then continuing to use the file voids your warranty, even if it happens eons later.
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

is this the right place to report that FlySpray seems to be broken for me? When I click 'add this task', it says 'waiting for bugs.openttd.org' for several minutes before presenting me with timeout error.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Not really, but our sys-admin TrueBrain has been working on the web services, including some reboot cycles for updating software.
So maybe you tried at the wrong time?
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

How long will it be down/not working properly?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

It works for me currently, I think TrueBrain is daon today :)
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

it was just the save attachment that was causing it to not work, the devs will have to do without
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

bvoice360 wrote:it was just the save attachment that was causing it to not work, the devs will have to do without
Keep in mind that uploading attachments can take some time (upload speeds are lower than download in most cases).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
kisspaulinekiss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kisspaulinekiss »

Hello,

I have an alert in the game. I play with the last version and I have added all modules. It was difficult because we have to select one by one and there a lot of. We would have to add a button to select all modules.

kisspaulinekiss
Engineer
Engineer

I don't know if it is normal but the trains don't do the maintenance.

kamnet

Post by kamnet »

kisspaulinekiss wrote: 08 Feb 2024 18:50 We would have to add a button to select all modules.
Currently OpenTTD supports a maximum of 255 NewGRFs activated in a game, but there are literally thousands of NewGRFs one can select. A "select all" button would be useless since you cannot select all and the user would need to select which ones to use.

Also, speaking from personal experience, loading many NewGRFs will cause the game to take longer to generate a new map and on subsequent reloads of saved games.
kisspaulinekiss wrote: 08 Feb 2024 21:09 I don't know if it is normal but the trains don't do the maintenance.
You have to schedule maintenance by including in its orders a command to go to a specific depot and to service if needed. You can also send a vehicle to a depot for maintenance at any time by clicking on the Depot button in the vehicle's information window when you click on the vehicle. If you do not schedule maintenance, then trains will break down on the track if you've not disabled that feature in the game settings.
kisspaulinekiss
Engineer
Engineer

I have a new alert.

kamnet

Post by kamnet »

kisspaulinekiss wrote: 09 Feb 2024 05:22 I have a new alert.
You will need to contact the person who created the script. They may have created a support topic on the forums here for it, or they may have another website for you to visit. Check the script settings and documentation.
kisspaulinekiss
Engineer
Engineer

Hello,

I have a train who is lost often. However, the journey between Angoulème and Lisieux is short.

Where is the problem?

THANK YOU

How I know where I have to put the alert for the good developer?

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”