xUSSR Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: xUSSR Set [WIP]

Post by Wahazar »

Probably these running costs will be fixed in future, there is empty function reserved for this.

By the way, availability dates should not to be observed strictly as real ones, because it would kill playability
- empty purchase list is a little annoying (for example, there is no coal wagons from 1917 till 193x).
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

You can use the BaseMod NewGRF to increase running costs.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Brumi wrote:You can use the BaseMod NewGRF to increase running costs.
I could but everything has the same running costs, so that kills it for me.

There is the Russian Train and Tram set which could be used to base running costs off of. I'd like to keep using the xUSSR set being different and great graphics
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

Whats the license model of the set? Author still active? You could ask for the source and mod the costs and rerelease it, or send it to the author
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Phreeze wrote: Whats the license model of the set? Author still active? You could ask for the source and mod the costs and rerelease it, or send it to the author
Keep calm. The set is still in its childhood and is actively developed. Everything missing will be added, and everything broken will be fixed.

regards
Michael
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

i just checked the first post, which has a date of 2005 ^^
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Phreeze wrote:i just checked the first post, which has a date of 2005 ^^
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/xussrset/activity

regards
Michael
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I already knew the set was still being actively developed, other wise why would there be updates to the nightly bundles server :) Unless a ghost is updating it :P
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Wow, Im surprised that the Purchase and Running costs still havent been changed. I would really like to play with this set but its just too weird and easy to play with trains that cost 105,000 USD to purchase and 200 bucks to run yearly.

Its a very nice set and I like the graphics but I don't think I'll be playing with this until the costs are changed.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

NekoMaster wrote:but I don't think I'll be playing with this until the costs are changed.
That can be fixed with a basecost newgrf.

Edit: Removed the double negative.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

At the risk of continuing to go around in circles, a basecost modification isn't going change all the vehicles costing the same as each other.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

PikkaBird wrote:At the risk of continuing to go around in circles, a basecost modification isn't going change all the vehicles costing the same as each other.
But the complaint was about the purchase costs versus the running costs, which can be set separately.

Edit: Oh right, running costs have to be different for different trains as well. Sorry.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

My problem is every class has the same price for purchase and running costs. All the steamers, all the electics, and all the diesels each have their own same purchase and running costs. different trains have different purchase and running costs based on the design and equipment inside. Example, a ChME 3 should be cheaper to buy and run then say, a M62 or TEP80.

Also with the costs so low for running the locomotives, it feels very cheaty for me to run them. 200 bucks a year to run a russian steam locomotive seems waaaaaaaay too cheap. I'm use to things costing 10-20 thousand or more for steamers
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I haven't checked this set, but has anybody added some of these gorgeous vehicles from UralVagonZavod (UVZ)?
http://uralvagonzavod.com/products/rail ... lproducts/
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

NekoMaster wrote: ... Example, a ChME 3 should be cheaper to buy and run then say, a M62 or TEP80.

Also with the costs so low for running the locomotives, it feels very cheaty for me to run them. 200 bucks a year to run a russian steam locomotive seems waaaaaaaay too cheap. I'm use to things costing 10-20 thousand or more for steamers
About prices and running cost: In this set we try to keep all prices as they were at given year for everything. But it's impossible to get costs of some uncommon locomotives like tep80. That's also a huge problem regarding to running cost. Same locomotive could have different maintenance cost at various parts of the country. Game engine isn't suitable for RC manipulations due to its randomness. For example if you started at 1920 or 1950, with or without inflation which is 1 or 2%... every time you'll get new costs, different from real.

About ChME3: It was imported from czechoslovakia, that's why it costs more than other like TEM2 or M62.

About UVZ wagons: I've been to expo1520 last year, where were some UVZ concept wagons. Two of them (12-196-01 and 13-198-02) were drawn and included in set with graphics for stantart industry and ECS (no FIRS atm.). Some of older wagons are also included (12-132 for example).
Sorry for my bad English.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Happy new year!
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/xussrset/releases/0.3/
Waiting for admins help to put it on Bananas.
Image Image Image Image
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

George wrote:Happy new year!
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/xussrset/releases/0.3/
Waiting for admins help to put it on Bananas.
Happy new year! Thanks, George :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
tlpwka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tlpwka »

Very nice set.
btw, why isn't possible auto-replacement for several pair of locomotives?
Like VL-22 (70km/h) to VL-22 (80 km/h) while it work manually (by replacing one for another trough buying)
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

tlpwka wrote:Very nice set.
btw, why isn't possible auto-replacement for several pair of locomotives?
Like VL-22 (70km/h) to VL-22 (80 km/h) while it work manually (by replacing one for another trough buying)
Please provide a savegame, where autoreplace fails, for test.
Image Image Image Image
tlpwka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tlpwka »

George wrote:Please provide a savegame, where autoreplace fails, for test.
Hello, there is an example save game:
https://yadi.sk/d/yrySurXCfFhYg
This one was made later but there is same thing (f.ex. EP22 and VL 60 don't have same possibility of auto-replace).

And there is openttd 1.4.4 portable archive used to play that savegame (incl. newgrfs)
https://yadi.sk/d/yrySurXCfFhYg

Return to “Graphics Development”