Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Dave

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Dave »

Very impressed at your Iceland work, Purno.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Emperor Jake wrote:Has anyone tried this game in the Oculus Rift? Preferably with a steering wheel as well. It's pretty awesome.
I've tried the Oculus once (not in combination with this game though). Didn't work for me, I was completely nauseous in three minutes and that then lasted for an hour. I do believe that it indeed would be pretty cool with ETS2 if it wouldn't make me sick :D

I do have a steering wheel though, which is brilliant and an absolute must-have with this game. Last week I came up with this little setup:
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (56.23 KiB) Viewed 14468 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dave wrote:Very impressed at your Iceland work, Purno.
Thank you, glad you like it. I can't wait for the release myself. :tongue:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Darkhej
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Darkhej »

Do anyone has all the 19 buyable DLC and the special "Raven DLC" that no longer can be obtained?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

After long work, first version of Serbian map is released. Here is one of details from map (Autokomanda interchange, Belgrade, of course, we used FLD prefabs for map):

More to follow. :)
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (109.75 KiB) Viewed 14179 times
1799001_959119400766667_307.jpg
1799001_959119400766667_307.jpg (86.57 KiB) Viewed 14179 times
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Wow that is an impressive interchange.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Hi folks

Just got this last week and am loving it so far. The Promods stuff looks excellent and I'll be trying it at some point after I've explored the regular map, but first I'd like some recommendations of other mods to download. At the moment on the mod sites I'm just finding hundreds of paintjobs and trailers etc, so I was wondering if there were any mods you each consider 'essential'?
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Not me, I just asked the game for my birthday and guess what?
I got it!

Now I can try it with my steam -account AND I'm going to use the promods...
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

beeb375 wrote:At the moment on the mod sites I'm just finding hundreds of paintjobs and trailers etc, so I was wondering if there were any mods you each consider 'essential'?
There are basically three types of mods: vehicle mods, graphical mods and map mods.

Vehicle mods add new trucks, trailers and cargo. These are not essential but can enrich the environment since they offer new things to haul and new trucks to do it with.

Graphical mods are really just for adding personal touches. I use none of those.

Map mods, like ProMods, are the biggest game changer to me. ProMods design many unique junctions and cities whereas the original sometimes feels very similar no matter where you travel.

I'd say download ProMods and search for a cargo mod you'd like to have alongside. I prefer the original trucks because they are nicely crafted.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

I'm really just a beginner, bought this cabine with money from the bank, and travelled to Nuremburg. That's where this screenshot was made by me.
ets2(640-480)begin.jpg
ets2(640-480)begin.jpg (46.52 KiB) Viewed 13975 times
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
PhiliThunder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhiliThunder »

FooBar wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:Has anyone tried this game in the Oculus Rift? Preferably with a steering wheel as well. It's pretty awesome.
I've tried the Oculus once (not in combination with this game though). Didn't work for me, I was completely nauseous in three minutes and that then lasted for an hour. I do believe that it indeed would be pretty cool with ETS2 if it wouldn't make me sick :D

I do have a steering wheel though, which is brilliant and an absolute must-have with this game. Last week I came up with this little setup:
Knipsel.JPG
Seems awasome havent tried :D
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

SCS Software released the DLC/expansion "Going North" just a few days ago, adding Scandinavia. While ProMods (where Purno created Iceland among other projects) have already expanded into Sweden, this official release is adding some landmarks and other things ProMods have been unable. I took two pictures of a rural town, Växjö. It's pretty.

The first picture is to show the new lightning/shadow engine introduced in the recent update. The second picture is just a small town road.

EDIT: And two more photos. These are of a gravel road leading from a lumber mill in the woods outside aforementioned Växjö.
Attachments
ets2_00136.png
(1.39 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00145.png
(1.59 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00146.png
(1.7 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00149.png
(1.49 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
PhiliThunder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhiliThunder »

It is really nice! although i have not bought it yet, but seen a lot of videos and pictures.
I live in Norway so yes i live in scandinavia, but they should have made it cover all of scandinavia, because i live north in Norway (In Lofoten) :P Lofoten is unoficially the worlds most beautiful archipelago to. And there is a lot of interesting roads here so they should really have got Lofoten. Well, then they would have needed to include the entire scandinavia, which would be a loooot of work :|

Sorry for not so good english i'm 13 (soon 14) and Norwegian so... :P
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Purno and his friends over at ProMods have decided to release a ProMods 2.0, with a LOT of new cities and countries. I decided to go on a rural Iceland trip, see below:
Attachments
ets2_00184.png
A very rural dirt road, leading to Akureyri.
(2.05 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00187.png
All of a sudden, the road was gone. I could barely fit my truck through these rocks!!
(2.26 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00193.png
Once I rediscovered the road, I had climbed high up over the center of Iceland.
(2.04 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00198.png
As I continued north, I found myself with very little traction in the slippery snow. Here a photo with a very remote cabin in the background.
(2.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00203.png
And even in the Icelandic outback, they need bridges sometimes. Not a lot of room if a car would come the other way...
(2.44 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Hi there,

Bought this game during Christmas sales on Steam. I must say that it's even more addictive than OpenTTD -- I even get myself seriously sick for playing ETS2.

You can find my "collections" of screenshots at the following location:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/patrickov/ ... pid=227300

P.S. I got ProMods 2 as well, but I'd get the 60% and 100% map achievement with just Vanilla + Going East + Going North DLC, before getting my hands on ProMods.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

American Truck Simulator will be out in about 2 weeks time. It will include California, but Nevada will be a free DLC available for download right at release! Arizona is scheduled for release in 2016 too.
My Scenarios:
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I wonder if it's possible to get the DLC (just in case) on steam but buy the game later. I just purchased the two expansions for ETS2, so plenty to drive there for now.
siu238X wrote:P.S. I got ProMods 2 as well, but I'd get the 60% and 100% map achievement with just Vanilla + Going East + Going North DLC, before getting my hands on ProMods.
I wouldn't wait. There are serious improvements all over the map, not just expansions into different areas. 60% is easily doable with ProMods (dunno if it still counts with a modded map though). 100% is nuts. You need to drive every motorway in both directions. Twice to get the service areas. And then some more to get all junctions as well. If you think that's fun, then go for it ;)
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

FooBar wrote:I wonder if it's possible to get the DLC (just in case) on steam but buy the game later. I just purchased the two expansions for ETS2, so plenty to drive there for now.
siu238X wrote:P.S. I got ProMods 2 as well, but I'd get the 60% and 100% map achievement with just Vanilla + Going East + Going North DLC, before getting my hands on ProMods.
I wouldn't wait. There are serious improvements all over the map, not just expansions into different areas. 60% is easily doable with ProMods (dunno if it still counts with a modded map though). 100% is nuts. You need to drive every motorway in both directions. Twice to get the service areas. And then some more to get all junctions as well. If you think that's fun, then go for it ;)
I am very close to 60% (a few more plays this week would probably do)

For now I visit every industries and buildings for my "destination" cities (as well as those on the way if I have time). For the last few days I shot Torino, Rostock, Trelleborg, Uppsala, Milan, Dresden, Szczecin, Olsztyn, Groningen, Rotterdam and Felixstowe (in that order). Now heading back to Birmingham HQ on side roads.

Those with off-road service areas usually are done 3 times: One on main (which flows two-way), and one each for services. Good thing that split carriageways (a few of them in Germany) usually do not come with off-road services.

IMHO Sweden and Norway with their fully independent slip roads are the most annoying :P
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Some more photos of new ProMods. I've been to Murmansk, Russia and Longyearbyen in Norway. What about that!

Driving from Finland, I passed Murmansk and headed down to the Russian town of Nikel:
ets2_00224.png
(2.57 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00231.png
(2.41 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The Russian-Norwegian border, between aforementioned Nikel and Norwegian town Kirkenes:
ets2_00234.png
(2.75 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00238.png
(2.86 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Having crossed into Norway, I made my way down to Kirkenes on small rural roads:
ets2_00244.png
(2.36 MiB) Not downloaded yet
From Kirkenes, I bordered a ferry to an island so far north that it's ridiculous. I was going to Svalbard and the only real village around, Longyearbyen (which does indeed mean "Long year town"):
ets2_00245.png
(2.42 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00246.png
(2.63 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00247.png
(1.78 MiB) Not downloaded yet
After arriving at Svalbard and making my delivery, I went back to Kirkenes and decided to go for a bit of a detour. I shouldn't have. I got stuck. Before that, I snapped this beautiful photo of a place where a large rig should never drive:
ets2_00262.png
(2.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:

Return to “Off-Topic”