The 2cc Bus Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: The 2cc Bus Set

Post by aantono »

Is there a beta grf that one can try to play with yet?
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

aantono wrote:Is there a beta grf that one can try to play with yet?
As far as I can tell no, you have the repo http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/cc- ... /revisions

But no nightly's are available yet!
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

Here is the grf of what I've currently coded : all intercity and suburban busses, and 5 urban.

Prices and running costs are not adjusted, I have to find an algorithm to calculate them.
Attachments
2CCbusSet.grf
(131.86 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Phreeze wrote:again, I'm late in, 2 months of abstinence and that guy has started (and nearly finished) 20 new projects xD :bow:
What guy? :mrgreen:
Jyratos wrote:Here is the grf of what I've currently coded
Nice! I haven't had time to test anything yet but I'm sooooo glad you're keeping up with me. Thanks! :bow:
Jyratos wrote:Prices and running costs are not adjusted, I have to find an algorithm to calculate them.
Ask FooBar or Transportman for help. I'm sure they'll be able to help you with anything that you're not familiar with and I'm sure they already have an algorithm of some sort. Just PM them, I'll give them a heads-up. :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

best algorithm: Pi * Thumb at 4°C water / by lines of code * weekday * week :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

Voyager One wrote: Nice! I haven't had time to test anything yet but I'm sooooo glad you're keeping up with me. Thanks! :bow:
No problem ! I wouldn't be here during the december 27 to the january 3 so I work now :D
Phreeze wrote:best algorithm: Pi * Thumb at 4°C water / by lines of code * weekday * week :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes, this formula will be very helpful ! :wink:
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Jyratos wrote:Here is the grf of what I've currently coded : all intercity and suburban busses, and 5 urban.

Prices and running costs are not adjusted, I have to find an algorithm to calculate them.
Could you please enable the creation of nightlys on repo?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

... and the spree begins... :mrgreen:
Škoda H12 Solaris.PNG
Škoda H12 Solaris.PNG (8.93 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
Volvo 7900.PNG
Volvo 7900.PNG (10.8 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

"What do you want for Christmas?"
The 2cc Bus set has made my day, keep it up, even over the holidays Voyager!
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

... and the last from the "original" list... a double-articulated Dutch monster...
Van Hool ExquiCity 24.PNG
Van Hool ExquiCity 24.PNG (11.52 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
Now onto those we've added later!
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Volgabus 6270.06 Cityrhytm-15.PNG
Volgabus 6270.06 Cityrhytm-15.PNG (9.4 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter City 77.PNG
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter City 77.PNG (8.89 KiB) Viewed 2405 times

EDIT: @Jyratos - I've had a few minutes to try the GRF and it's GREAT!!!! Well done mate! One small remark please - could you get rid of the smoke, it doesn't look nice at all. Thanks!
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Bustech CDi.PNG
Bustech CDi.PNG (9.45 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
Liaz 5256.PNG
Liaz 5256.PNG (8.61 KiB) Viewed 2365 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Incredible work Voyager! I like all of them very much :wink:
Also happy easter and independence day! :D
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

Merry Christmas ! :D
Voyager One wrote: EDIT: @Jyratos - I've had a few minutes to try the GRF and it's GREAT!!!! Well done mate! One small remark please - could you get rid of the smoke, it doesn't look nice at all. Thanks!
I've removed the visual effect and coded the rest of the urban buses. I've noticed some problems :
-The Van Hool ExquiCity doesn't have a purchase sprite.
-All vehicles with model life lower than 5 are never expiring.

I'm going on holiday tomorrow so I will upload a grf this evening.

PS: I'm having problems on understanding how the bundles work. For the moment I will upload the nightlies on the forum.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Jyratos wrote: -All vehicles with model life lower than 5 are never expiring.
It's a code limitation in OTTD as far as I know, so I think code them with at least 5 years of lifetime... :wink:

And thanks for the fast work on coding, merry christmas for you too! :D
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Jyratos wrote:The Van Hool ExquiCity doesn't have a purchase sprite.
It does now. :wink:
And this is exactly why you shouldn't code things from the forums but only those that I have uploaded (or will upload) on devzone. I re-check all files before uploading them to devzone and only those are "safe" for coding. You can never know when I spot a possible mistake and correct it, in fact I know I've done it several times with urban buses, sorry mate, you've probably coded some files with mistakes. I know it's a few pixels here and there but these few pixels sometimes count a lot. :wink:
Jyratos wrote:-All vehicles with model life lower than 5 are never expiring.
As I've warned you all before, that "exit year" in the tracking table is NOT their expiring year, it is the "end of production" year. Model life will have to be guesstimated as there are no adequate information on the net.

What I suggest is to make all with a life of 15 +/-5 years (random variable if possible) - for now. This is something we can deal with later on, it's most important to get a playable GRF.
Jyratos wrote:PS: I'm having problems on understanding how the bundles work. For the moment I will upload the nightlies on the forum.
Unfortunately I can't help you with this. Is anyone better familiar with working on devzone please? I've created the "topic" but I don't know how to set up a repository and stuff like that... I'll gladly give full access to anyone who's willing to help sorting out some folders/files a bit... Thanks in advance!

---

And, in the meantime, have a few...
Ikarus 435.PNG
Ikarus 435.PNG (9.83 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
Ikarus 55.PNG
Ikarus 55.PNG (8.83 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
Scania K113TRBL.PNG
Scania K113TRBL.PNG (9.5 KiB) Viewed 2217 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

interesting note of buses in Germany

http://www.young-germany.de/topic/live/ ... -travel-in
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Voyager One wrote:
Jyratos wrote:PS: I'm having problems on understanding how the bundles work. For the moment I will upload the nightlies on the forum.
Unfortunately I can't help you with this. Is anyone better familiar with working on devzone please? I've created the "topic" but I don't know how to set up a repository and stuff like that... I'll gladly give full access to anyone who's willing to help sorting out some folders/files a bit... Thanks in advance!
I did a quick check, all files seem to be present to have the devzone build things. I think you need to ask planetmaker, might be that there is some manual stuff needed at the devzone end to enable things.
Voyager One wrote:Ask FooBar or Transportman for help. I'm sure they'll be able to help you with anything that you're not familiar with and I'm sure they already have an algorithm of some sort. Just PM them, I'll give them a heads-up. :wink:
And I'm still waiting for that heads-up... :wink: But anyways, for the trainset I just took the sum of ( factor * propertyvalue^power ) for several properties as the cost factor, and needed to do some manual adjustments afterwards (MagLevs ending up very cheap). And I have not heard any complaints about the current factors so far.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

Transportman wrote: And I'm still waiting for that heads-up... :wink: But anyways, for the trainset I just took the sum of ( factor * propertyvalue^power ) for several properties as the cost factor, and needed to do some manual adjustments afterwards (MagLevs ending up very cheap). And I have not heard any complaints about the current factors so far.
I've tried this formula 2 hours ago when I found it on the 2cc trainset, modified multipliers a little to match with buses, and it's great ! Maybe I will apply a multiplier for PDWE or for different types of buses.

I've joined the GRF so you can tell me if there is something to correct.
Voyager One wrote:And this is exactly why you shouldn't code things from the forums but only those that I have uploaded (or will upload) on devzone. I re-check all files before uploading them to devzone and only those are "safe" for coding. You can never know when I spot a possible mistake and correct it, in fact I know I've done it several times with urban buses, sorry mate, you've probably coded some files with mistakes. I know it's a few pixels here and there but these few pixels sometimes count a lot. :wink:
Don't worry, the position of the pixels doesn't change anything in the code :wink:
Attachments
2CCbusSet.grf
(131.86 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Return to “Graphics Development”