Economic System

P1SIM is a commercial game under development featuring traffic, logistics, city building and more.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Economic System

Post by smallfly »

robo wrote:Why gold?
It's just an example. Let's get back to the single resources later. (Just for now: There will be frequent and rare resources. Gold would be a rare one indeed. Think of electronic production facilities needing high amount of copper and plastics but very small amount of gold. But again. Its just an example resource. May there will be other resources in the end.)
LocoMH wrote:Alright, thank you, for me the question was mostly about whether you left the idea of having unspecified goods :)
I think named/specified resources are more intuitive. Thus I switch to named/specified ones now.
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

I added a visible ressource layer for coal, iron ore, gold ore etc. In P1SIM you will have to place a mine near corresponding ressources. Otherwise the mine will have an output of zero units per day. The output depends on the proximity to the ressource containing tiles. Over the time you can watch the ressources visually decreasing around a mine and the output will also decrease due to longer distances for the (invisible*) underground mining workers.

(*) Probably you will be able to see some markers indicating the mining workers during their work in the mountains.
ressourcelayer.png
ressourcelayer.png (190.28 KiB) Viewed 11467 times
ressourceLayerZoom.png
ressourceLayerZoom.png (102.02 KiB) Viewed 11467 times
http://www.p1sim.org/?p=633
rsdworker
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rsdworker »

wow nice so mine entrances and buildings would be feature and welcome back - we missed you
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

You struck the mother-lode! That looks amazing!

Will the depth of the ore/resources have any effect on the cost of mining it? And once you mine a section of a ore vein, will you need to rebuild your mine further along the vein to decrease your proximity to the ore?

Can't wait for the Alpha to be released, I missed you as well.
Visit the Directory --> Loco-Dat-Directory
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

glenjimen wrote:Will the depth of the ore/resources have any effect on the cost of mining it?
In P1SIM there is no depth when it comes to ore. The ores are simply "underground". Thus there is no cost effect. Although the mining system isn't implemented yet, it will probably be like that:
  • You are looking for a high density zone of the required ore.
  • You place a mining building close to it/above it.
  • You build intralogistics tunnels (just like intralogistics paths in P1SIM factories)
  • You hire staff to dig for your ore (hiring one man = one visible intralogistics vehicle driving through your tunnels)
  • Costs per months are calculated like that: Base costs for the mining building + staff costs + maintenance costs for each tunnel segment
  • Ores within a radius of 3 tiles from a tunnel segment can be mined
glenjimen wrote:And once you mine a section of a ore vein, will you need to rebuild your mine further along the vein to decrease your proximity to the ore?
In that case you would just build some further tunnel segments so that your intralogistics vehicles reach the distant ores. If the distances get too long, then yes, you would build another mining building (and together with that a new tunnel system).
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

klein.png
klein.png (56.14 KiB) Viewed 11401 times
Attachments
2014-12-24T03-08-05.png
(630.51 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

Are the fish going to move I wonder?
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

LocoMH wrote:Are the fish going to move I wonder?
No. They are stationary. The dynamic is only that the fish get less when you fish them.

Return to “P1SIM”