[32bpp/EZ] YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sylf
President
President

Re: YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Post by Sylf »

That's a source to the version that hasn't been released yet :)
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Oh... In that case it looks like the Pax & Mail cargos will be gone from the game. Any way to to retain those? I really like the simple and logical cargo chain in YETI, but I also like to do Pax & Mail in my games as a separate/parallel transportation track (encourages me to build links between towns). With Pax and Mail gone, I won't be able to do that. :( What would be the downside of leaving Pax and Mail cargoes in play?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

aantono wrote:
planetmaker wrote:
aantono wrote:Added a new language translation for Russian - https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... yeti/ru_RU but don't see it automatically be committed to the source repository. Is there anything I'm missing in the steps of what I should do?
When did you add / change that? The language changes are pushed to the repository once a day, around 18h GMT+2
It was yesterday, around 2pm CST (GMT+6).
As you see, within less than 24h it was automatically committed: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yet ... 51c54009b2 and a test version automatically built: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/yeti/push/
smurfix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by smurfix »

Very nice work. Thanks; I'm looking forward to seeing the next bits of this project.

Nit: A newly-built 3X Machinery Factory is animated, even though it doesn't actually produce anything yet.
Minor nit: Could you drop the 3X-style prefixes, please?
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

Thanks for the feedback everybody, I have been running into massive problems with making the animation work properly in order to reduce file size of the newGRF massively. (it now has 220MB with 5 animations, 0.0.5 has 144MB with 1 animation)
After 2 months of utter wtf, I have managed to get it done so you can expect YETI 0.0.6 very soon.

YETI 0.0.6 will not change many things too drastically as the point of the animation properly is you not being able to see that it is done differently now.

What will change however is:

- animations for more industries (all of the ones which have .wmv preview in Files on devzone)

- default tile extents mean that trains will not show through industries nor will they glitch with foundations in front of them

- all cargoes except passengers/mail/regearing will be removed properly

- all cargoes will have added cargo classes to make other train sets than NUTS work with YETI - I must say though that having at least one wagon with CC_ALL_CARGO_CLASSES does not sound like a bad idea to me for any train set.

- added translations

- perhaps something extra, not sure

Couple of additional answers and notes:

- there are people who dislike the 3-X style prefixes, there are people who like it. From my point, YETI is very based on proper system of the industries, these shortcuts are used everywhere in the code and sprites, also the schemes on devzone Overview page, and many people actually do use the shortcuts in chat to quickly address industries. Either ignore it or get used to it but I will keep it there.

- animation runs all the time without interaction to industry behaviour is simply because I did not figure out how to code it that way. For now.

- after YETI 0.0.6 there can start to be versions with new mechanic to the industries - link to town size, bonuses when you deliver more than 2 cargoes instead of flat addition "process food", "process BDMT" and done.

- meanwhile I have written documentation to both technical side of graphics, and some basic coding tutorial, both found on YETI wiki. Hope it could be useful to anybody who wants to do something similar to what I am doing, is just interested in the behind-the-scenes thing, or can use it in any other way.

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/wiki/Tech

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/wiki/Code

both of these pages are accessible from the overview main page or through Wiki http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti

- also, while fixing the animation I have created two new industries - currently missing 2-C farm and future 5-X trade port, you can see those in the Wiki/previews http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/wiki/Previews ... those industries will not be in 0.0.6 yet

- the devzone now builds YETI, so for the ultra cant-wait people, you can get YETI from https://jenkins.openttdcoop.org/job/yeti/ ... but those versions are not very polished yet ;)
ImageImageImage
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

V453000 :) wrote:- all cargoes will have added cargo classes to make other train sets than NUTS work with YETI - I must say though that having at least one wagon with CC_ALL_CARGO_CLASSES does not sound like a bad idea to me for any train set.
Do you have a list of which cargoes fall under which classes? Maybe you could also add the YETI-cargoes to this wiki page? Or does it just follow the classes that the other industry sets have used?
- animation runs all the time without interaction to industry behaviour is simply because I did not figure out how to code it that way. For now.
I haven't coded an industry set and not know your code, so maybe this is a bit nonsense in the end, but can't you set the animation_triggers property for tiles and then use the anim_control callback to start/stop the animation? Not sure if you would want to use ANIM_TRIGGER_INDTILE_INDUSTRY_LOOP and/or ANIM_TRIGGER_INDTILE_RECEIVED_CARGO as animation_triggers, and then use the produced_last_month_1 variable in the anim_control callback to start/stop animation. But maybe someone with more industry coding experience can give some more/better information.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
President
President

All of the YETI cargoes should work with that wiki page, URANium is just an extra - it currently is cc_hazardous (as even suggested by the page!), I might add cc_bulk ... other than that it should be the same, YETI dudes are cc_express and cc_oversized

I basically do that, or at least I have it somewhat ready, I was just not able to get it to work right. Those triggers are there though :D for now.
ImageImageImage
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

V453000 :) wrote:I basically do that, or at least I have it somewhat ready, I was just not able to get it to work right. Those triggers are there though :D for now.
I think I have an idea on what is going wrong, will try to verify if it really is that before giving you all kinds of wrong ideas.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

I can't verify it against your code (really really really long compile times), but if I look at this code from OpenGFX+ Industries, it confirms what I thought. In your code I don't see anything that would stop the animations once started.

I'm not sure, but I would guess the following code would do what you want (more or less):

Code: Select all

//This switch is called when the animation control trigger was the tileloop, it stops animation when nothing has produced recently, and just continues doing the animation started by the received cargo if something has been produced recently
switch(FEAT_INDUSTRYTILES, PARENT, switch_anim_stop, produced_this_month_1 + produced_this_month_2 + produced_last_month_1 + produced_last_month_2 ) {
    0 : CB_RESULT_STOP_ANIMATION;
    CB_RESULT_DO_NOTHING;
}

//This switch determines what triggered the animation control, if it is because of received cargo, it starts animations, when it is the tile loop it checks if there is still cargo produced
switch(FEAT_INDUSTRYTILES, PARENT, switch_anim_control, extra_callback_info2) {
    ANIM_TRIGGER_INDTILE_INDUSTRY_LOOP : switch_anim_stop;
    ANIM_TRIGGER_INDTILE_RECEIVED_CARGO : CB_RESULT_START_ANIMATION;
}

//Your code from http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/wiki/Code#Defining-an-industry-tile
item(FEAT_INDUSTRYTILES, industry_3X_tile_33_){
    property {
    substitute: 0;
    land_shape_flags: bitmask(LSF_ONLY_ON_FLAT_LAND);
    animation_triggers: bitmask(ANIM_TRIGGER_INDTILE_RECEIVED_CARGO, ANIM_TRIGGER_INDTILE_INDUSTRY_LOOP ); //I uncommented this line
    animation_info: [ANIMATION_LOOPING, 128];
    animation_speed: 1;
    accepted_cargos: [[STEL, 8], [RFPR, 8], [BATT, 8]];
    }
    graphics {
    default: industry_3X_33_spritelayout;
    anim_control: switch_anim_control; //I modified this line to point to the switches above
    anim_next_frame: CB_RESULT_NEXT_FRAME;
    }
}
President
President

Oh wow thank you, I will definitely try this, thank you very much

V
ImageImageImage
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

All aboard! D:
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (589.85 KiB) Viewed 6283 times
President
President

They cant just wait to get to work XD great stuff
ImageImageImage
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Looks great Pikka, can't wait to see the custom graphics. I never really liked the fact they were shoved into a mail car anyway :P
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
President
President

YETI now hiring!

Choose your job or suggest new ideas!

https://dev.openttdcoop.org/attachments ... ocs_01.pdf

found in YETIfiles http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/files
ImageImageImage
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Where can I sign up to be Chief YETI Dude Inspector?
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

V453000 :) wrote:YETI dudes are cc_express and cc_oversized
Do you have a suggestion for which wagons to use to carry YETI dudes around? I want to include YETI support in the 2cc TrainsInNML-set, and I would consider them to be something like passengers (and thus point them to passenger coaches), but is that how I should see them?
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

was laughing my a-a off when seeing those peepz xD
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Transportman wrote:I would consider them to be something like passengers (and thus point them to passenger coaches), but is that how I should see them?
the whole point of the cargo classes was to NOT treat them as passengers. i can't say that i understand, why, though.

"oversized" kinda assumes flatbed wagons, and "express" will probably lead to most sets loading them into mail wagons (unless they coded them to exclude oversized)
President
President

Transportman wrote:
V453000 :) wrote:YETI dudes are cc_express and cc_oversized
Do you have a suggestion for which wagons to use to carry YETI dudes around? I want to include YETI support in the 2cc TrainsInNML-set, and I would consider them to be something like passengers (and thus point them to passenger coaches), but is that how I should see them?
I put them on flatbeds, same models I sent to Pikka I am using myself. Up to the set really, but I always say, cargo should be VISIBLE, otherwise it is boring.
ImageImageImage
Haskey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Haskey »

Very cool set! Do we have in addition full compartable ROAD vehicles 32bpp set?

Return to “Graphics Development”