[OTTD] Ore Unloader Station

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Ore Unloader Station

Post by mart3p »

After many requests over the years I have finally coded Oz’s ore hoist. :D
iron_ore_station.png
iron_ore_station.png (69.99 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
iore_xussr_snow2.png
iore_xussr_snow2.png (67.39 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
Although I originally thought of making this part of ISR, I have decided (for now) to release this is a separate GRF. Think of it as an ISR add-on. :wink:

Features:
  • It currently works with iron ore only. I intend to add support for copper ore and bauxite.
    It is intended as an ore unloading station for use at steel mills. It can also be used as an ore loading station for use at mines.
    It has animation of cranes and other stuff. :wink:
    Supports some railtype GRFs, more to be added in the future.
    Non-track ore bins show iron ore for both cargo waiting and also when cargo is delivered.
    Buildings and ground tiles show snow coverage when built above the snow line.
Licence:
GNU General Public License (GPL) v2.

Usage notes:
It is intended that the non-track ore bins are built 2 tiles shorter than the ore hoist platforms, as shown in the screenshots. There is nothing to stop other arrangements being built but the platform buildings need to align with the ore-bin building, for them to connect together as designed.

Todo:
  • Add support for copper ore and bauxite.
    Add support for more railtype GRFs. Please let me know if you find any incompatibility with your favourite railtypes.
    Add dedicated buffer tiles.
    Add translations?
I am releasing this as v0.1-beta-1. For now it is only available here, for beta testing by forum members. It will be added to bananas when it is ready for full release. Please report any bugs however minor. Any suggestions would also be welcome. :)

Edit: latest version is now available for download from BaNaNaS and the OpenTTD in-game content downloader.
Last edited by mart3p on 28 Jan 2015 18:58, edited 2 times in total.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Ore Unloader Station

Post by Badger »

Oooo, that's a good looking station.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Very nice!
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

great stuff, already added it to my running game, it looks just awesome ! thanks
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

At last! Good job mate! Edit: why not to add coal? As I aware from history of TTD and real life it was meant to be coal/iron station
Now I must show off too... work what I started after container terminal!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautifully executed. I really really like. :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Oh I can't wait til this makes it into the Industrial Stations Renewal. That is one sexy station.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

ISA wrote:why not to add coal? As I aware from history of TTD and real life it was meant to be coal/iron station
It would be possible to add coal but I think it would require another set of ground overlays, showing black coal spillage, whereas the existing overlays will work for all other ore types. There are already a fair number of ground overlays to support different rail types. This number is likely to increase as support for further rail types is added. So adding support for coal would require a considerable number of new sprites. I’m not ruling it out but let’s wait until I’ve added copper ore and bauxite… :wink:
lobster wrote:Oh I can't wait til this makes it into the Industrial Stations Renewal. That is one sexy station.
Why wait? Download the beta in the first post. :wink:

And thanks everyone for your comments. :))

I forget to mention; there is a parameter to select original TTD or OpenGFX track styles. Unfortunately it is not possible for a newGRF to detect the baseset in use. So this parameter needs to be set accordingly.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

mart3p wrote:Add support for more railtype GRFs. Please let me know if you find any incompatibility with your favourite railtypes.
mart3p wrote:I forget to mention; there is a parameter to select original TTD or OpenGFX track styles. Unfortunately it is not possible for a newGRF to detect the baseset in use. So this parameter needs to be set accordingly.
Aren't you done with all track types if you leave the track graphics out and let OpenTTD fill them in? For example, the Dutch Station Set does it like that and works fine with all track types. Or are there reasons to not do it like that?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Transportman wrote:Aren't you done with all track types if you leave the track graphics out and let OpenTTD fill them in? For example, the Dutch Station Set does it like that and works fine with all track types. Or are there reasons to not do it like that?
ISR also does it like that (mostly). But the ground overlays for the Ore Unloader Station are not quite that simple. If you let OpenTTD "fill them in", you get the sleepers, gravel etc. as well as the tracks.

The sprites below show the overlays used for George’s xUSSR set, Pikka’s fine scale set, narrow gauge (as used by Termite and others) and the OpenGFX style tracks. As you can see, just using the track graphics from the railtypes GRFs (with the sleepers and gravel) would not have the desired effect. :wink:
ore_stat_overlays.png
ore_stat_overlays.png (3.06 KiB) Viewed 6817 times
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

mart3p wrote:Why wait? Download the beta in the first post. :wink:
Already did. But it's easy when it's all packed into one neat grf. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Has no-one found any bugs?

I plan to release v0.1 quite soon, if you've spotted any problems and not yet reported them, now's your chance... :wink:

I've added custom foundations which hopefully improve the appearance when built on slopes:
iorestat_foundation.png
iorestat_foundation.png (101.06 KiB) Viewed 6365 times
The ore unloader station now has a repository at the DevZone. You can download the latest build here.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

I like especially the idea with foundations :)
ImageImageImage
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I've added some buffers.

They can either be built over the station end tile (reducing the usable station length by 1 tile). Alternatively, they can be built adjoining the end tile, in which case the station end tile will change its appearance to suit.
iorestat_buffers1.png
iorestat_buffers1.png (58.99 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
iorestat_buffers2.png
iorestat_buffers2.png (72.01 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Very nice!

Little OT too, lazy to PM... how is Your free time? I still have tons of station sprites laying on my USB drive... if Your interested You probably can incorporate them somewhere... and I myself have some ideas about the ore station... :tongue:
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

ISA wrote:Very nice!
Thanks ISA. :D
ISA wrote:Little OT too, lazy to PM... how is Your free time? I still have tons of station sprites laying on my USB drive... if Your interested You probably can incorporate them somewhere... and I myself have some ideas about the ore station... :tongue:
Please let us know your ideas for the ore station. And so we don't go too far OT, I'll PM you about the rest. :wink:
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

andythenorth wrote:That train looks quite horsey :)

Hi Andy, yes it's definitely horsey. :D
andythenorth wrote:Interesting 2nd company colour combo ;)
I'd chosen the 2nd cc to give your Cyclops the yellow front, although it's actually cream as the yellow looked a bit bright.

The cc/2cc hopper cars were a bit of a surprise... :wink:
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

mart3p wrote:The cc/2cc hopper cars were a bit of a surprise... :wink:
Yeah :) They can be turned off for wagons in the more detailed company colour settings, but I won't derail your thread ;)

Return to “Graphics Development”