Use OpenTTD Wiki for commonly asked for suggestions

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

l_Blue_l
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Use OpenTTD Wiki for commonly asked for suggestions

Post by l_Blue_l »

I feel it would be better to use a wiki page for relating to commonly asked for suggestions (as it would be easier to keep u to date).

You can have a look at what has been done so far here.

Do you like the idea?
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

Very good, maybe you could do tables to add for comments and progress? I have added some minor stuff

Celestar
l_Blue_l
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by l_Blue_l »

i have started to table the page but after completing some of it i feel it needs more colors to better explain the progress of each suggestion.

I suggest 5 colors for the progress

Red No development and unlikely to be implemented within the short to medium period of time.
Orange Little to no development on suggestions
yellow Has been or currently is under development but inclusion into the trunk is unknown
green-yellow Under development and inclusion into trunk likely
Green Included into the trunk

On top of that there would be the current information like Uncommitted Under Development , Discontinued, Complete etc etc
Celestar
Director
Director

Post by Celestar »

Some of the suggestions need explaining I think. I have no idea what "two height levels" is supposed to mean.

Some other possible statues:
1) Development planned, but not yet started
2) Waiting for dependencies (like the map array)

Celestar
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

"Wagon replace with cargo refit (advanced refit options)"
What is this about? Currently autoreplace refits if needed so what more do you want?
l_Blue_l
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by l_Blue_l »

Bjarni wrote:"Wagon replace with cargo refit (advanced refit options)"
What is this about? Currently autoreplace refits if needed so what more do you want?
autoreplace is confusing at the best of times and is very limited so it would be nice to be able to add or remove or change given vehicles through the Trains / Vehicles order which gives you the option to select a given Depot on a given route.

I have been working closely with the orders interface lately and i believe its one of the things that is lacking features most in the game and many would be relatively simple to implement.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Ah, yes - the suggestions list - very good work so far! I was about to leave you a message at the wiki, thanking you for the effort. Nice list indeed, and very useful.

As for explanations, a first-aid sort of solution would be to find a thread at the Suggestions forum for each of the suggestions, just to make sure there is some basis for their being there, and maybe some additional clarification. Also, if there's a wikipage for the particular feature, we could link there.

The list also needs some looking over from someone more involved with development, as a lot of the "assigned to" -type rows there are listed as "Unknown". It would be good to have more concrete info in there.

But so far, very good stuff.
#################
iNVERTED
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by iNVERTED »

I changed the header rows to #CCC rather than gray (terrible to read black on gray). Also I added some suggestions (since it's a wiki, I guess we're supposed to just put our suggestions on that list without discussing them here?)
l_Blue_l
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by l_Blue_l »

I have changed the introduction to reflect what the wiki page is about. (Below is a post of what it says atm)

"Suggestions
These are some commonly asked for suggestions and there current progress, if you you think an idea should be added here and it has been dicussed in the OpenTTD forum feel free to add it but make sure to post links to the page. If there is an item currently under development and not listed on this page feel free to add it. Please help to keep this information up to date"

I dont have a problem with the suggestions added by iNVERTED but in the future all ideas will should be disscussed on this Suggestions page before being added to that list.
rav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rav »

I'm refurbishing the layout (wrong colors for uncommitted, as well as a lot of spelling errors, anyone? :D )
rav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rav »

updated the page to the last release/news/forum posts
Zojj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zojj »

Finished new layout. See Requested features
I'm on the Zoloft to keep me from killing yall

My patches: Better graphs - Train acceleration - Crash rates
hajo4
Engineer
Engineer

Re:

Post by hajo4 »

Zojj wrote:Finished new layout. See Requested features
This leads to "There is currently no text in this page.",
so the link may need an update.
--HaJo
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Use OpenTTD Wiki for commonly asked for suggestions

Post by planetmaker »

This thread is so ancient... no guarantee for the wiki page either. You can also just search for 'requested features' in the wiki and will end up at the link: http://wiki.openttd.org/Requested_features
kamnet

Re: Use OpenTTD Wiki for commonly asked for suggestions

Post by kamnet »

If you ever see a Wiki link with "index.php" included, just remove that part and you'll typically get to the page you're looking for. Wiki was improved several years ago.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”