German road vehicle set [WIP, first version released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: German road vehicle set [WIP, first version released]

Post by michael blunck »

AFAIK, for the German road vehicle set there are a lot of incompatible sets:

- HOVS UK Bus Set
- Long Vehicles v4
- Modern Tram Set
- Heavy Equipment Set
- UK Tram Set
- Generic Tram Set
- Russian Tram Set
- Serbian Tram Set
- Serbian RV Set
- Suspended Monorail Set
- Generic Road Vehicle Set
- Dutch Tram Set

from one or the other reason.

regards
Michael
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

ISA wrote:Uwe and Foobar. What can be the reason that these two sets are conflicting each other after staring new game?
Dunno, I don't believe I've done anything out of the ordinary in the Dutch Tram Set. Maybe because it sets different base costs, but these are GRF-local so that shouldn't be much of an issue.
So it's probably because Dutch trams aren't German :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

michael blunck wrote: - Long Vehicles v4
- Heavy Equipment Set 1.5.1
These two works fine in my game with the German RV set
FooBar wrote:So it's probably because Dutch trams aren't German :)
Would use them tough in another games, as RV exporters use same type of trams all over the world and tough I don't search 100 % realism game wise :)
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Hi,

the GermanRVSet checks for other sets that may potentially be incompatible or create strange side effects with costs and such. This basically is left from the times when I started development and focused mainly on TTDPatch compatibility. In OpenTTD this check should be disabled when the "enginepool" option is active, so I am actually surprised you get this message. I will probably remove the check altogether in the next version, as the original reasons for adding it are not valid anymore.

Regards,
Uwe
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Uwe wrote:Hi,

the GermanRVSet checks for other sets that may potentially be incompatible or create strange side effects with costs and such. This basically is left from the times when I started development and focused mainly on TTDPatch compatibility. In OpenTTD this check should be disabled when the "enginepool" option is active, so I am actually surprised you get this message. I will probably remove the check altogether in the next version, as the original reasons for adding it are not valid anymore.

Regards,
Uwe
Thanks, that clears things up and seems logical!
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i vaguely remember there being a parameter to disable this check. but i'm completely in favour of removing this.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

If you set the amount of number of parameters to '1' and set parameter 1 to '1' it should work, at least it did for me after some trail and error.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:If you set the amount of number of parameters to '1' and set parameter 1 to '1' it should work, at least it did for me after some trail and error.
Ok, that worked for me also, I wasnt aware of that... Was there any "DoNotReadMe" anywhere where that was pointed out? Thank You IrmoTrainfan
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Nope, when Eddi wrote that a parameter might work I messed around a bit and it worked. I've also been wanting to use the Dutch tram set together with this set for a long time but forgot about it after a while. :P
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

@ISA: Can you please state exactly what version of the set and what version of the game you are using? I could not reproduce this error here so far. I'm quite surprised to see this, the code for this bus hasn't been touched in ages.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Uwe wrote:@ISA: Can you please state exactly what version of the set and what version of the game you are using? I could not reproduce this error here so far. I'm quite surprised to see this, the code for this bus hasn't been touched in ages.
Okay... It may be old, I even don't remember when I download it...Version 0.23 year 2010 what is available on Your homepage...
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

ISA wrote: Okay... It may be old, I even don't remember when I download it...Version 0.23 year 2010 what is available on Your homepage...
Try "GermanRV v0.3 alpha 17, February 1st, 2014" on that same page.

regards
Michael
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

michael blunck wrote:
ISA wrote: Okay... It may be old, I even don't remember when I download it...Version 0.23 year 2010 what is available on Your homepage...

regards
Michael
Thanks Michal! Must use the old content tough, cuz the new one wont work with my save game and crashes the game!
Mojhave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mojhave »

Hello,

i use the 0.23 Version from 2010 and it is the only Road Vehicle Set i am using. But there are no trucks to choose from, only busses and trams (and the default trucks balogh, witcombe, uhl, etc.)

Can anyone help me how to activate the german trucks?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Mojhave wrote: i use the 0.23 Version from 2010 and it is the only Road Vehicle Set i am using. But there are no trucks to choose from, only busses and trams (and the default trucks balogh, witcombe, uhl, etc.)

regards
Michael
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

michael blunck wrote:
Mojhave wrote: i use the 0.23 Version from 2010 and it is the only Road Vehicle Set i am using. But there are no trucks to choose from, only busses and trams (and the default trucks balogh, witcombe, uhl, etc.)

I'm wondering : how stable is this alpha version ? In the webpage, it is stated that "This version is NOT for playing, it is incomplete, contains untested new features and only meant for testing!" Even if I - generally - am not basically afraid by using some unstable stuff, given a such warning, I didn't want to take the risk to build a whole map with problematic stuff.

So: is this alpha version actually - at least decently - playable ?

As side note, I really like this set (I use it in version 0.23 for now), specially because it's large capacity trams and busses are perfect to deal with the enlarged passengers traffic resulting from cargodist. I'll be very happy to see a further stabilized release come out.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
RBC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RBC »

I did play with the v03 alpha 11 some ~200 (game) years and noticed no significant bug. I used trucks and trams only. The trams are indeed very usefull when playing with cargodist.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

keoz wrote: I'm wondering : how stable is this alpha version ? In the webpage, it is stated that "This version is NOT for playing, it is incomplete, contains untested new features and only meant for testing!" Even if I - generally - am not basically afraid by using some unstable stuff, given a such warning, I didn't want to take the risk to build a whole map with problematic stuff.

So: is this alpha version actually - at least decently - playable ?
It is playable like any "rxxx" version of some other set. Being an "alpha" version, even more so.

regards
Michael
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

michael blunck wrote:It is playable like any "rxxx" version of some other set. Being an "alpha" version, even more so.
All "rxxx" versions are not equally stabilized. Some are playable, some are not.
RBC wrote:I did play with the v03 alpha 11 some ~200 (game) years and noticed no significant bug. I used trucks and trams only. The trams are indeed very usefull when playing with cargodist.
Well, that'll be enough for me. :D

Thank you.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.

Return to “Graphics Development”