Screenshot of the Month - August 2014 - Submissions Open

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Screenshot of the Month - July 2014 - Voting Open

Post by kamnet »

Thank you to all who submitted screenshots... let the voting begin!

July 2014 Screenshot of the Month Competition - Post 1
"Accidents"

"The Jokela rail accident occurred on April 21, 1996 at 07:08 local time in Tuusula, Finland. Four people were killed and 75 injured when express train P82 from Oulu, bound for Helsinki, derailed in heavy fog. The overnight sleeper train was carrying 139 passengers and five crew members. The engine overturned and eight of the eleven carriages derailed. The official investigation into the accident revealed that the accident was due to overspeeding through a slow-speed turnout."
"The Jokela rail accident occurred on April 21, 1996 at 07:08 local time in Tuusula, Finland. Four people were killed and 75 injured when express train P82 from Oulu, bound for Helsinki, derailed in heavy fog. The overnight sleeper train was carrying 139 passengers and five crew members. The engine overturned and eight of the eleven carriages derailed. The official investigation into the accident revealed that the accident was due to overspeeding through a slow-speed turnout."
alluke.png (646.2 KiB) Viewed 5718 times
&quot;Nobody knows what actually happened. Some say the road was slippery and the truck driver wasn't able to stop, others say that he was just careless and drove onto the grossing. But that don't matter anymore. That 12000 ft transcontinental stack train hit that log truck such force that the train derailed and the truck flew into the ditch! The police, fire department and ambulances are on the scenes. No info at the moment about the injuries or victims, but as seen on the picture the medivac is touching down so hope is there are some live personnel on the ground to send into hospital. Also near by military base sent some support supplys with their Chinook.<br /><br />&quot;Some already ask how to clear up that mess, but officers say that's too early to investigate. First we try to get the site safe, we have bring some heavy equipment onto the scene to clear up snow and mud. Then after that we think how and with what to lift the wagons and locomotives to get the railway open and running again, until then all the rail traffic is sent around longer route and also all the road traffic under the bridge and road with that grossing is closed unknown period of time, but the main highway is still open. Officer also point out the curios people who stop on the highway bridge and want to look the rescue work, that's now allowed! They but others and their on life on the stake here! As seen we are working on that also, our patrol is on the scenes to clear thing up and open the the lane for traffic!<br />At the end we hope all the best and we are with the victims family's at that hard time in their lives!&quot;
"Nobody knows what actually happened. Some say the road was slippery and the truck driver wasn't able to stop, others say that he was just careless and drove onto the grossing. But that don't matter anymore. That 12000 ft transcontinental stack train hit that log truck such force that the train derailed and the truck flew into the ditch! The police, fire department and ambulances are on the scenes. No info at the moment about the injuries or victims, but as seen on the picture the medivac is touching down so hope is there are some live personnel on the ground to send into hospital. Also near by military base sent some support supplys with their Chinook.

"Some already ask how to clear up that mess, but officers say that's too early to investigate. First we try to get the site safe, we have bring some heavy equipment onto the scene to clear up snow and mud. Then after that we think how and with what to lift the wagons and locomotives to get the railway open and running again, until then all the rail traffic is sent around longer route and also all the road traffic under the bridge and road with that grossing is closed unknown period of time, but the main highway is still open. Officer also point out the curios people who stop on the highway bridge and want to look the rescue work, that's now allowed! They but others and their on life on the stake here! As seen we are working on that also, our patrol is on the scenes to clear thing up and open the the lane for traffic!
At the end we hope all the best and we are with the victims family's at that hard time in their lives!"
ISA.png (387.6 KiB) Viewed 5718 times
&quot;Crash during landing on new part of old airport.&quot;
"Crash during landing on new part of old airport."
Ladusa.png (500.07 KiB) Viewed 5718 times
kamnet

Screenshot of the Month - July 2014 - Voting Open

Post by kamnet »

Thank you to all who submitted screenshots... let the voting begin!

July 2014 Screenshot of the Month Competition - Post 2
"Accidents"

&quot;This is a standard suburban town in the 1970s but when a new automatic signal fails, two trains collide near Naningbury South. Here shown is the wreck, line repair crew and several rail replacement buses.&quot;
"This is a standard suburban town in the 1970s but when a new automatic signal fails, two trains collide near Naningbury South. Here shown is the wreck, line repair crew and several rail replacement buses."
MattH.png (270.23 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
Quast65.jpg
Quast65.jpg (346.41 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
&quot;The CSXY News Helicopter is over the scene of the Snake Canyon avalanche which has split a CNR oil train carrying crude oil from the Alberta Tar Sands to the Husky Oil refinery at Prince George, BC.<br /><br />&quot;Several tank cars are burning. Emergency crews are already on the scene and have begun cutting an access road from the microwave tower road down to the site.<br /><br />&quot;The river has been blocked and has already started to back up behind the outflow of the avalanche. The race is on to open up the stream and save the Snake Canyon Trestle from being flooded.<br /><br />&quot;So far no oil has reached the river, a serious environmental concern, considering the approaching spring salmon run, not to mention the several downstream communities that draw drinking water from the river.<br /><br />&quot;Tune in to CSXY News At 6 for an in depth report on today's events.&quot;
"The CSXY News Helicopter is over the scene of the Snake Canyon avalanche which has split a CNR oil train carrying crude oil from the Alberta Tar Sands to the Husky Oil refinery at Prince George, BC.

"Several tank cars are burning. Emergency crews are already on the scene and have begun cutting an access road from the microwave tower road down to the site.

"The river has been blocked and has already started to back up behind the outflow of the avalanche. The race is on to open up the stream and save the Snake Canyon Trestle from being flooded.

"So far no oil has reached the river, a serious environmental concern, considering the approaching spring salmon run, not to mention the several downstream communities that draw drinking water from the river.

"Tune in to CSXY News At 6 for an in depth report on today's events."
Wallyweb.png (116.18 KiB) Viewed 5717 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot of the Month - July 2014 - Submissions Open

Post by STD »

Cool screenshots in this month participate in voting :))
Well done to all participants.
It was hard to choose among a beautiful screenshots. :D
I thought, what a screenshot to vote, decided to vote for a screenshot of the ISA :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

My vote goes to ISA! While reading the story and looking at the screenshot, I really felt like I was watching the news helicopter footage :)

Also, the bridges are beautiful, realistic and I appreciate putting the cargo sprites in a post-accidental manner
The whole scene looks very real and lets imagination work joyfully :) For me, it`s all that matters in OTTD.

Congrats ISA, amazing work.

ps I also have to mention Ladusa`s airport layout. I have never thought about extending the airport runways in such realistic way. It`s a shame that planes won`t use it :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

ens wrote:I really felt like I was watching the news helicopter footage. ps I also have to mention Ladusa`s airport layout. I have never thought about extending the airport runways in such realistic way. It`s a shame that planes won`t use it :)
First, thank You very much! That was what I aimed for! Second about the runway, I also like the idea, but the graphics what I have seen since someone have drawn isn't for me... therefor I'm thinking in some point to get hang of it and draw some more sprites for such use!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Good storry telling everyone - hard to choose which one to vote :mrgreen:

Anyway, what set contains the girder bridge ? Or is it a standalone thing ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

YNM wrote:Anyway, what set contains the girder bridge ? Or is it a standalone thing ?
The trestle bridge in my screenshot is part of the Canadian v2.0 sets which have not been released yet.
Isa will have to tell you where his bridge is from.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote: Emergency crews are already on the scene [...]
Why did they remove the snow in such an artificial way before starting their work? Any land artists among them?

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:
wallyweb wrote: Emergency crews are already on the scene [...]
Why did they remove the snow in such an artificial way before starting their work? Any land artists among them?
The ISR group was servicing a forest in the area and considering their heavy equipment was appropriate, ISR was signed to a contract. ISR was responsible for maintenance of the lot assigned to them which included snow clearing. You'll have to contact mart3p as to the possibility of inappropriate artificiality.

The wallyweb Screenshot Corporation has a policy of no artificiality which includes "No Photoshopping". Considering your observation, we attempted to hack into ISR's communications to seek out any signs of contract violations. This was in vain as it would seem that ISR is using Blackberrys with German security enhancement technology. You wouldn't happen to know anything about this? 8)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote: Considering your observation, we attempted to hack into ISR's communications to seek out any signs of contract violations. This was in vain as it would seem that ISR is using Blackberrys with German security enhancement technology. You wouldn't happen to know anything about this?
No, of course not. There is no "German security enhancement technology", since every activity in this field had been outsourced to US companies under the auspices of NSA long ago.

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:There is no "German security enhancement technology", since every activity in this field had been outsourced to US companies under the auspices of NSA long ago.l
Time for an update? Dateline July 28, 2014. :wink:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

wallyweb wrote:
YNM wrote:Anyway, what set contains the girder bridge ? Or is it a standalone thing ?
The trestle bridge in my screenshot is part of the Canadian v2.0 sets which have not been released yet.
Isa will have to tell you where his bridge is from.
Thought they are these, but then I see it and noticed the differences.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It appears that there has been a swing in the votes! With only a few hours to go, Alluke is now tied with ISA!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Voting has concluded, and we have a tie between Alluke and ISA! We shall go to the rule book:
In the event of a tie, the winners will be offered an opportunity to collaborate together on a theme. If they cannot come to a quick decision, the competition moderator shall select a theme for the next competition.

Alluke and ISA will have until Friday, August 8 at 0800 GMT to collaborate on a theme, and I will announce the theme of the next competition shortly thereafter. Congratulations to both of you, it was a tough race!

While we wait, I would like to display Wallyweb's original July entry... enjoy!
Attachments
M.A.D.D. - Do not drink and drive!!
M.A.D.D. - Do not drink and drive!!
Wallyweb_Christmas_Party.png (40.99 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Congratulations to Alluke and ISA! I'm looking forward to your choice of topic for the next contest. :D
kamnet wrote:While we wait, I would like to display Wallyweb's original July entry... enjoy!
Thank you. :bow:
Aye ... OzTrans had subsequently suggested an oil train and considering the current Canadian trend to use oil trains while waiting for pipelines to be approved and built, and considering some recent all too real tragic oil train derailments, I thought it more appropriate to the times to display the risks.

Return to “Screenshots”