DarkUk's Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: DarkUk's Screen Shot Thread

Post by Densha »

That's a very cool depot! Which station set did you use for Paddington station on the first screenie?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:That's a very cool depot! Which station set did you use for Paddington station on the first screenie?
That looks like NewStations for the big arches, City Stations for the roofs at the north, and Suburban Stations for the platform canopies. :)

And yes, that is an impressive depot. My attempts to build things that size always end up looking stupid. :bow:
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

DarkUk wrote:
andedrunkard wrote:Hi Darkuk,

im a newb but ive been playing ottd for ages now, and been scouting out new grfs, noticed a few i like the look of from your posts.

I have been searching all the links and posts on here today as ive seen a reference to the following in several posts,

- project generic
- track planner

could you point me in the right direction please? sorry if hassle.

:bow: great work on those stations, must take ages to prevent jams. I usually add signals in front of station but you say this isnt needed? do you have an update on your word document? i.e. handling non terminus

thanks

ande
Sorry for the delay getting back to you and Welcome to the forums :D . I can see your questions have already been answered, I don't really get time to play as much these days but I'll try and get a Main line station guide done over the weekend, I will also try and post some shots later on tonight.

Hope everyone is well
Love the screenshots! Excelllent and beeautiful renditions of stations and track work :)

Don't mean to "hijack" the thread but I found a pretty nice resource for track diagrams: National Electronic Sectional Appendix
This is the maps/track diagrams of Network Rail, the owner of Britain's rail infrastructure. Very detailed stuff showing junctions, track uses, signals, etc.
Check out some of my work
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

bwong wrote:
DarkUk wrote:
andedrunkard wrote:Hi Darkuk,

im a newb but ive been playing ottd for ages now, and been scouting out new grfs, noticed a few i like the look of from your posts.

I have been searching all the links and posts on here today as ive seen a reference to the following in several posts,

- project generic
- track planner

could you point me in the right direction please? sorry if hassle.

:bow: great work on those stations, must take ages to prevent jams. I usually add signals in front of station but you say this isnt needed? do you have an update on your word document? i.e. handling non terminus

thanks

ande
Sorry for the delay getting back to you and Welcome to the forums :D . I can see your questions have already been answered, I don't really get time to play as much these days but I'll try and get a Main line station guide done over the weekend, I will also try and post some shots later on tonight.

Hope everyone is well
Love the screenshots! Excelllent and beeautiful renditions of stations and track work :)

Don't mean to "hijack" the thread but I found a pretty nice resource for track diagrams: National Electronic Sectional Appendix
This is the maps/track diagrams of Network Rail, the owner of Britain's rail infrastructure. Very detailed stuff showing junctions, track uses, signals, etc.
It is a great source of information, fortunately for me I have access to the more detailed ones via work :)

For now some more shots for your viewing pleasure.
Attachments
British Rail, 7th Dec 2165.png
Was having some capacity issues here so I decided to remodel the station and the sidings
(146.07 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
British Rail, 2nd Jul 2170.png
Peak time at Flardchurch
(350.8 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
British Rail, 2nd Jul 2170#1.png
The Completed Project
(366.84 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautiful complete the project. Excellent work, DarkUk :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I actually downloaded those suburban stations, but where did you get those that only have a platform on one side?
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:I actually downloaded those suburban stations, but where did you get those that only have a platform on one side?
Search for Project Generic Stations 1.2. I think that's it.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Erm, do you know where may I be able to download it? It's not on Bananas and the author's website is down.
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:Erm, do you know where may I be able to download it? It's not on Bananas and the author's website is down.
Hey dude

this link should lead you to them
viewtopic.php?p=268709#p268709

Will try and get some more shots up later on today, hope this helps
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Yap, that's it. Many thanks! :)
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

I Find my lack of posts disturbing :P

Just one for now
Attachments
British Rail, 8th Feb 2177.png
New section of the line
(282.96 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

Sorry for the lack of posts guys, hope everyone is well!
Attachments
British Rail, 29th Nov 2211.png
First service of the day arrives at Brundstow
(340.56 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
British Rail, 12th Apr 2212.png
(359.51 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
British Rail, 27th Dec 2217.png
A new area I'm working on
(136.26 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Lovely shots as usual! 8)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I really like your railway junction, beautiful screenshots. :D
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Love the middle screenshot, could be a real suburban line flying over a main line, perhaps on the way out of London.
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

Hoping to resume regular posting soon, might even make a double post today.

Just a little up date: I've still not covered this map Lol been playing this one for the last two years now, I aim to connect everything eventually before I start my next project.
Attachments
British Rail, 18th Jan 2221.png
Off Peak at Paddington
(335.32 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
British Rail, 28th Apr 2222.png
The other side of Accditch
(368.28 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
British Rail, 26th Mar 2223.png
A steam Special powers past Dunminster
(320.33 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Random question - do you play with passenger destinations and some sort of timetable management?
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

JamieLei wrote:Random question - do you play with passenger destinations and some sort of timetable management?
I've not done this game with Passenger destinations on and the only sort of timetabling I have is how long I want each train to stay at the stations for :)
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

Hi all , here are some more shots for your viewing pleasure
Attachments
British Rail, 11th Sep 2223.png
Overview Shot
(445.45 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
British Rail, 22nd Dec 2248.png
A now open St Greanston North
(322.81 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
British Rail, 7th Feb 2249.png
Local and long distance services pass each other at Tedingport
(370.3 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

My dear god it has indeed been a very long time since I last posted, well I have some screenshots for your viewing pleasure.

With recent expansion in services into the Avon bridge region the current station and the layout struggled during peak times with some trains queuing behind up to five others whilst waiting for a platform, so I decided to conduct a two stage upgrade starting with the approaches from Livertown first, with potential for the re-routing of existing services to another line out of the area.
The Start of the alternative route
Once planning was completed
Removed the original station car park and replaced them with two additional platforms and two tunnels
and with that being done that's the first half of the remodel completed, with 151 services currently calling at this station and at least another 20+ to be added there is still a lot of work to be done.
Attachments
British Rail, 1st Aug 2260.png
Creating the alternative route
(362.33 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
British Rail, 1st Aug 2260#2.png
Planning complete
(439.34 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
British Rail, 26th Oct 2261.png
(374.05 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Return to “Screenshots”