Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.2 25/02/2013

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.2 25/02/2013

Post by romazoon »

Hi Pikka,

Is think i spotted an unfinished graphic on the namc ys-11, it s missing windows on one side !
Jamaica National Transport, 19 Sep 1988.png
Jamaica National Transport, 19 Sep 1988.png (219.5 KiB) Viewed 8389 times
OmagaIII
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OmagaIII »

Hey everyone :D

I might really be special or something... :?

Where do I get the download link for AV8... :oops:

I have now been clicking everywhere on all forums etc, with no luck.

Please help a lost soul :roll:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

If you use OpenTTD you can find it by clicking NewGRF -> Online content. Alternatively you can visit Bananas in a web browser: http://bananas.openttd.org/en.
OmagaIII
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OmagaIII »

I'll have to look in game then, since the BaNaNaS link doesn't list them, or I am blind... hahaha :lol:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

OmagaIII wrote:I'll have to look in game then, since the BaNaNaS link doesn't list them, or I am blind... hahaha :lol:
No, forgot to give the proper link: http://bananas.openttd.org/en/newgrf/
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Indonesian Language for Upcoming version
Attachments
idn-av8.txt
(5.98 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I tried decompiling the av8 v2.21 grf so I could apply the patch that removes the range limits, and in the NFO I get a bunch of garbled characters in the NFO. I tried using Notepad and Notepad++ and both produce the same results. I'm getting stuff like this "╨╢╨╕╨▓╨░╨╜╨╕╤"

to decompile the grf with grf codec I used this command

grfcodec pb_av8w.grf -d -p2

(i also did try "grfcodec pb_av8w.grf -d" but that still gave me messed up symbols)

I can supply a screenshot of the problem if needed

EDIT : If someone has a modified grf with the aircraft range limits removed, could you PM the grf? looking through the nfo I'm finding theres way too much work to do and too much to screw up. I hate NFO so much it gives me a headache trying to understand it
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Are you using the latest version version of GRFCodec? http://www.openttd.org/en/download-grfcodec/6.0.3

Alternately, you could just privately ask Pikkabird for a copy of the code so you can modify it for yourself.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:Are you using the latest version version of GRFCodec? http://www.openttd.org/en/download-grfcodec/6.0.3

Alternately, you could just privately ask Pikkabird for a copy of the code so you can modify it for yourself.
I was using the latest..... oh wait I forgot that the OpenTTD website has a page for that >_< I haven't touched grfcodec in years since I lost the motivation to rip sprites from other sets and make my own personal North American addon set with Grf Maker.

Anyways I already got it dealt with, so no need for further help on this. Thank you mysterious user that helped me get a modified copy ^w^

Now hows about we get some Concords flying from John F Kennedy to Heathrow in 2 hours on a world map scenario, eh?
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
MildaIV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MildaIV »

After playing one long game in 1.4 with cargodist enabled for pax and mail with aviator set I have to say I like it :). But I have some suggestions. Generaly you use 1class pax capacities for narowbodies and 2 or 3 clas pax configs for widebodies which made widebodies realtively smaller than in reality. On the other side cost for new planes are similiar in set on per pax basis, but in reality widebodies are more expensive.
In some cases you use strange configurations not in line with similiar aircrafts. I.e. MD-11 seating 323pax is dense 2class config. When compared to your 777(prabably 200 model) with 305 seats luxury 3class config it ends with greater capacity than realy bigger plane. MD-11 should have little under 300 pax. Second strange example is Boeing 727. Your 97 pax configuration is unrealisticaly low even for 100 model, you probably use as a basis. Per Boeings ACAP it stands at 106 pax in 2 class config or 125pax in single class. On the other hand B-727 was more expansive plane to buy and to operate, than in aviators set.
For me the most missing plane is Boeing 777-300. This plane with capacity about 366pax/75 mail, shorter range about 1024-1100 and slighlty higher runing cost than your 777(200), but beter pax eficency as every stretched airplane model. This plane will fit in a hole between 777(200) and 747-800.
Well there are more planes i want(A321, NEO and MAX upgrades for A320/B737...) and inacurancies but I have to say that I realy enjoyed game with Aviators set and I realy like realism that Airplane ranges brings to game. I was realy surprised how good it is economicaly balanced.
MildaIV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MildaIV »

I have tryed to edit one of the planes which i'am not using(Embraer ERJ 145 ) to Boeing 777-300. While quite succesfull with basic params, i dont know how to change those callbacks. Is there any documentation of them? I want to have runing cost at 142, but this value is ignored(only shown in hangar list) and ERJ 145 low values are still used. Same problem with speed. I also didnt find where range is stored to increase it to 1024. Or is there any "simple" way to clone 777 as another plane in set and modify this more similar plane?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

If you're interested in creating "realistic" aircraft, perhaps you should look into helping out the WAS? :)
safety 3rd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by safety 3rd »

I whish thay have the boeing 757 though but its a great patch.
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

the before mentioned WAS (world airliners set) has it :idea:
MildaIV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MildaIV »

PikkaBird wrote:If you're interested in creating "realistic" aircraft, perhaps you should look into helping out the WAS? :)
WAS is far from finished. At current state it is much less realistic than Aviators Set.
safety 3rd wrote:I whish thay have the boeing 757 though but its a great patch.
There is no place for 757, because most of widebodies are "downsized". 767 has capacity which in reality has 757.
Phreeze wrote:the before mentioned WAS (world airliners set) has it :idea:
WAS is quite unbalanced. 757 has the lowest CASM of all planes so most of my games with WAS ends with uniform fleet of hundreds 757.

Why is Aviators set keeping compatibility with TTD Patch? Is somebody playing it yet ? No ofense, just curious.
After playing more games I have to say that gap between 777 and 747 is realy too big for gameplay and 777-300 is really missing.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

MildaIV wrote:Why is Aviators set keeping compatibility with TTD Patch? Is somebody playing it yet ? No ofense, just curious.
It isn't. The last (possibly) TTDPatch compatible version was 2.0.

Av8 development is over. Look out soon for Av9, featuring fewer aircraft, smaller capacities and less realism. ;)
MildaIV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MildaIV »

PikkaBird wrote:Av8 development is over.
Wasn't know that. I have not seen this information on any AV page.
PikkaBird wrote:Look out soon for Av9, featuring fewer aircraft, smaller capacities and less realism. ;)
So whats next? Is AV8 still closed source? AV8 is the only usable plane set with support for latest capabilities I am aware of.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

MildaIV wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:Av8 development is over.
Wasn't know that. I have not seen this information on any AV page.
PikkaBird wrote:Look out soon for Av9, featuring fewer aircraft, smaller capacities and less realism. ;)
So whats next? Is AV8 still closed source? AV8 is the only usable plane set with support for latest capabilities I am aware of.
The answers to your questions: http://pikkarail.com/openttd/state-of-t ... y-newgrfs/
MildaIV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MildaIV »

Thank you for link. Strange this info is not on http://users.tt-forums.net/pikka/wiki/i ... rcraft_Set and https://wiki.openttd.org/Aviators_Aircraft_Set. As much as I agree with fact that players are using only few of the planes/trains I dont like the idea of small sets. Main reasons to not using more vehicles lies behind OTTD mechanics which are not much realistics. Now with plane ranges and cargodist you will find yourself using much more airplane types. Second largest problem is balancing sets. In reality Airbus stoped A340-600 production because it was about 6% more fuel thirsty than 777-300ER. Nobody wants it. In AV8 you can find 30% change in seating capacity in single patch. And AV8 is by far most realistic and balanced set in OTTD. Yes I agree that some people loves simplicity and will play with this options turned off and will love AV9. But what about those who play OTTD to feel the atmosphere of the past, to understand how some planes(or trains, buses,...) changed trafic in its time. And to understand why some vehicles was shortlived and anothers survive decades in service.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

MildaIV wrote:So whats next? Is AV8 still closed source?
I've said others may use the sprites for their own projects, which is what WAS is doing.
WAS is far from finished, which is why I suggested you help them out. Alternatively, you could create your own set with more "realistic" properties.

Return to “Graphics Development”